VMS version 2.0 ==>

computers / comp.sys.raspberry-pi / Re: Will a lite image give me a text mode console?

SubjectAuthor
* Will a lite image give me a text mode console?Chris Green
+* Re: Will a lite image give me a text mode console?Computer Nerd Kev
|`- Re: Will a lite image give me a text mode console?Chris Green
+- Re: Will a lite image give me a text mode console?The Natural Philosopher
`- Re: Will a lite image give me a text mode console?kyonshi

1
Will a lite image give me a text mode console?

<eu5d9k-ins43.ln1@esprimo.zbmc.eu>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=9251&group=comp.sys.raspberry-pi#9251

From: cl...@isbd.net (Chris Green)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.raspberry-pi
Subject: Will a lite image give me a text mode console?
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2024 20:31:42 +0000
 by: Chris Green - Wed, 7 Feb 2024 20:31 UTC

I use lite installations on my Pi systems because they are all used
via ssh.

However in one case it would be useful to have a way to access the
system directly rather than via ssh. Does anyone know if the lite
images will give me a text mode console if there is a display
connected?

--
Chris Green
·

Re: Will a lite image give me a text mode console?

<65c3f3db@news.ausics.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=9255&group=comp.sys.raspberry-pi#9255

From: not...@telling.you.invalid (Computer Nerd Kev)
Subject: Re: Will a lite image give me a text mode console?
Newsgroups: comp.sys.raspberry-pi
Date: 8 Feb 2024 07:19:24 +1000
 by: Computer Nerd Kev - Wed, 7 Feb 2024 21:19 UTC

Chris Green <cl@isbd.net> wrote:
> I use lite installations on my Pi systems because they are all used
> via ssh.
>
> However in one case it would be useful to have a way to access the
> system directly rather than via ssh. Does anyone know if the lite
> images will give me a text mode console if there is a display
> connected?

Yes, it should come up by default.

--
__ __
#_ < |\| |< _# | Note: I won't see posts made from Google Groups |

Re: Will a lite image give me a text mode console?

<2ucd9k-6la53.ln1@esprimo.zbmc.eu>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=9258&group=comp.sys.raspberry-pi#9258

From: cl...@isbd.net (Chris Green)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.raspberry-pi
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2024 22:30:58 +0000
 by: Chris Green - Wed, 7 Feb 2024 22:30 UTC

Computer Nerd Kev <not@telling.you.invalid> wrote:
> Chris Green <cl@isbd.net> wrote:
> > I use lite installations on my Pi systems because they are all used
> > via ssh.
> >
> > However in one case it would be useful to have a way to access the
> > system directly rather than via ssh. Does anyone know if the lite
> > images will give me a text mode console if there is a display
> > connected?
>
> Yes, it should come up by default.

Good, thank you! :-)

--
Chris Green
·

Re: Will a lite image give me a text mode console?

<uq27pe$1tfdb$6@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=9265&group=comp.sys.raspberry-pi#9265

From: tnp...@invalid.invalid (The Natural Philosopher)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.raspberry-pi
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2024 09:44:14 +0000
 by: The Natural Philosop - Thu, 8 Feb 2024 09:44 UTC

On 07/02/2024 20:31, Chris Green wrote:
> I use lite installations on my Pi systems because they are all used
> via ssh.
>
> However in one case it would be useful to have a way to access the
> system directly rather than via ssh. Does anyone know if the lite
> images will give me a text mode console if there is a display
> connected?

Yes.

Re: Will a lite image give me a text mode console?

<uqal8a$10cck$2@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=9311&group=comp.sys.raspberry-pi#9311

From: gmke...@gmail.com (kyonshi)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.raspberry-pi
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2024 15:23:07 +0100
 by: kyonshi - Sun, 11 Feb 2024 14:23 UTC

On 2/7/2024 9:31 PM, Chris Green wrote:
> I use lite installations on my Pi systems because they are all used
> via ssh.
>
> However in one case it would be useful to have a way to access the
> system directly rather than via ssh. Does anyone know if the lite
> images will give me a text mode console if there is a display
> connected?

yes, but as I found out lately: if you connect a VGA monitor to
Raspberry Pis with a converter it still might not show a picture (you
have to boost the output on hdmi so a picture shows up).
Just saying because I had it multiple times lately.