From: lynnmcgu...@gmail.com (Lynn McGuire)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
Subject: "Magic Bites (Kate Daniels, Book 1)" by Ilona Andrews
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2023 02:40:35 -0500
 by: Lynn McGuire - Mon, 30 Oct 2023 07:40 UTC

"Magic Bites (Kate Daniels, Book 1)" by Ilona Andrews
https://www.amazon.com/Magic-Bites-Ilona-Andrews/dp/0441014895/

Book number one of a ten book paranormal romance dark fantasy series. I
read the well printed and well bound MMPB published by Ace in 2007 that
I bought new on Amazon recently. Note that “Ilona Andrews” is the
pseudonym for a husband and wife writing team. I have purchased the
second book in the series and am reading it now.

Kate Daniels's universe sucks. Forty years ago, the tech world crashed
over the entire Earth and was replaced by the magic world in the form of
a magic flare. Guns don't work, car don't work, electricity and phones
do not work. But magic works. Good magic and bad magic.

After a week, the tech world came back to a drastically changed world.
And radically fewer humans. And the magic world came back after a
while. And the tech world came back after that. And so on and so forth.

Kate Daniels is a mercenary. And a former Order member. She carries a
large magic sword. And many knives. And she has magic blood. And
somebody just killed her former guardian, a Knight-Diviner of the Order
of Knights of Merciful Aid.

The authors have a website at:
https://www.ilona-andrews.com

My rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars
Amazon rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars (10,988 reviews)

Lynn

Re: "Magic Bites (Kate Daniels, Book 1)" by Ilona Andrews

<kq9n67FmsntU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=92800&group=rec.arts.sf.written#92800

From: ...@ednolan (ted@loft.tnolan.com (Ted Nolan)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
Date: 30 Oct 2023 12:51:19 GMT
 by: ted@loft.tnolan.com - Mon, 30 Oct 2023 12:51 UTC

In article <uhnmln$bvng$1@dont-email.me>,
Lynn McGuire <lynnmcguire5@gmail.com> wrote:
>"Magic Bites (Kate Daniels, Book 1)" by Ilona Andrews
> https://www.amazon.com/Magic-Bites-Ilona-Andrews/dp/0441014895/
>
>Book number one of a ten book paranormal romance dark fantasy series. I
>read the well printed and well bound MMPB published by Ace in 2007 that
>I bought new on Amazon recently. Note that “Ilona Andrews” is the
>pseudonym for a husband and wife writing team. I have purchased the
>second book in the series and am reading it now.
>
>Kate Daniels's universe sucks. Forty years ago, the tech world crashed
>over the entire Earth and was replaced by the magic world in the form of
>a magic flare. Guns don't work, car don't work, electricity and phones
>do not work. But magic works. Good magic and bad magic.
>
>After a week, the tech world came back to a drastically changed world.
>And radically fewer humans. And the magic world came back after a
>while. And the tech world came back after that. And so on and so forth.
>
>Kate Daniels is a mercenary. And a former Order member. She carries a
>large magic sword. And many knives. And she has magic blood. And
>somebody just killed her former guardian, a Knight-Diviner of the Order
>of Knights of Merciful Aid.

An auspicious start to one of my favorite series, which blends romance and
action better than any other I can think of. Let's say a dead guardian
is a *very* low level problem compared to things Kate will face later.
--
columbiaclosings.com
What's not in Columbia anymore..

arts / rec.arts.sf.written / Re: "Magic Bites (Kate Daniels, Book 1)" by Ilona Andrews