computers / comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action / Re: ES-5

SubjectAuthor
* ES-5DMP
+* Re: ES-5Mark P. Nelson
|`* Re: ES-5DMP
| `- Re: ES-5Mark P. Nelson
+* Re: ES-5Spalls Hurgenson
|`- Re: ES-5DMP
`* Re: ES-5Justisaur
 +- Re: ES-5rms
 +- Re: ES-5rms
 +- Re: ES-5DMP
 +* Re: ES-5Spalls Hurgenson
 |`- Re: ES-5Dimensional Traveler
 `* Re: ES-5DMP
  `* Re: ES-5Mark P. Nelson
   +* Re: ES-5DMP
   |`* Re: ES-5Mark P. Nelson
   | `- Re: ES-5DMP
   `* Re: ES-5Anssi Saari
    `- Re: ES-5Mark P. Nelson

1
ES-5

<tj5p51$1ld06$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=9151&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#9151

From: mungem...@nospam.com (DMP)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Subject: ES-5
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2022 06:24:33 -0400
 by: DMP - Mon, 24 Oct 2022 10:24 UTC

Fired up Elder Scrolls 5 for the first time in a couple of years. Looked
for some mods to enhance the experience. There's so much out there it's
overwhelming. Would appreciate some help from the folks in selecting the
better ones.

I upgraded the the game to the one with Survival Mode, Fishing, etc., so
I think I have the latest version of the base game. TIA

D.

Re: ES-5

<XnsAF3A67196E2E4mpndisorg@88.198.57.247>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=9157&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#9157

From: markpnel...@sbcglobal.net (Mark P. Nelson)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Subject: Re: ES-5
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2022 17:08:06 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Mark P. Nelson - Mon, 24 Oct 2022 17:08 UTC

DMP <mungemaid@nospam.com> wrote in news:tj5p51$1ld06$1@dont-email.me:

> Fired up Elder Scrolls 5 for the first time in a couple of years. Looked
> for some mods to enhance the experience. There's so much out there it's
> overwhelming. Would appreciate some help from the folks in selecting the
> better ones.
>
> I upgraded the the game to the one with Survival Mode, Fishing, etc., so
> I think I have the latest version of the base game. TIA
>
> D.

For many of the best mods you'll need the script extender, known as SKSE,
available here: https://skse.silverlock.org/

If you want porn there's Lovers' Lab, otherwise Nexus has pretty much
everything. They do have some unpopular policies, so some modders have
left and are hosting their stuff on Github these days, but it can be a
pain to track these down.

Then you'll want a companion or two, and who or what you like really
depends on your own taste. If you want options you should have a follower
management system. I've used several, and now recommend Nether's Follower
Framework.

If you want a custom-voiced companion with a lot of story built in,
there's Sofia, M'Rissi, Recorder, and Song of the Green, just for
starters.

For the landscape I like The Ruins and Mythical Tundra-Stonehenge and
Hilltops.

If you want alternative lighting, there are hundreds of ENB pre-sets, and
you just have to find one you like.

Then there's Immersive Weapons and Immersive Armors, along with hundreds
more individual weapons and weapon packs. I can use a rapier, so I like to
have a mod that includes those.

I also recommend using Vortex to manage them all. It was a bit rough at
first, but it has matured.

Note that you can mess your game up quite severely by deleting or adding
mods half-way through a game, so pick a bunch and stick with them or you
may need to start over.

Have fun!
Mark.

--
Clotho, Lachesis, Atropos -- the only sysadmins that matter

Re: ES-5

<tj6i2c$1nqgl$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=9158&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#9158

From: mungem...@nospam.com (DMP)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2022 13:29:47 -0400
 by: DMP - Mon, 24 Oct 2022 17:29 UTC

On 10/24/2022 1:08 PM, Mark P. Nelson wrote:
> DMP <mungemaid@nospam.com> wrote in news:tj5p51$1ld06$1@dont-email.me:
>
>> Fired up Elder Scrolls 5 for the first time in a couple of years. Looked
>> for some mods to enhance the experience. There's so much out there it's
>> overwhelming. Would appreciate some help from the folks in selecting the
>> better ones.
>>
>> I upgraded the the game to the one with Survival Mode, Fishing, etc., so
>> I think I have the latest version of the base game. TIA
>>
>> D.
>>

> For many of the best mods you'll need the script extender, known as SKSE,
> available here: https://skse.silverlock.org/
>
> If you want porn there's Lovers' Lab, otherwise Nexus has pretty much
> everything. They do have some unpopular policies, so some modders have
> left and are hosting their stuff on Github these days, but it can be a
> pain to track these down.
>
> Then you'll want a companion or two, and who or what you like really
> depends on your own taste. If you want options you should have a follower
> management system. I've used several, and now recommend Nether's Follower
> Framework.
>
> If you want a custom-voiced companion with a lot of story built in,
> there's Sofia, M'Rissi, Recorder, and Song of the Green, just for
> starters.
>
> For the landscape I like The Ruins and Mythical Tundra-Stonehenge and
> Hilltops.
>
> If you want alternative lighting, there are hundreds of ENB pre-sets, and
> you just have to find one you like.
>
> Then there's Immersive Weapons and Immersive Armors, along with hundreds
> more individual weapons and weapon packs. I can use a rapier, so I like to
> have a mod that includes those.
>
> I also recommend using Vortex to manage them all. It was a bit rough at
> first, but it has matured.
>
> Note that you can mess your game up quite severely by deleting or adding
> mods half-way through a game, so pick a bunch and stick with them or you
> may need to start over.
>
> Have fun!
> Mark.

Thank you so much for the help. Appreciate it.

D.

Re: ES-5

<i0kdlhh6oao8q3690u3qqp3rqt3pqpdm1b@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=9160&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#9160

From: spallshu...@gmail.com (Spalls Hurgenson)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2022 13:57:56 -0400
 by: Spalls Hurgenson - Mon, 24 Oct 2022 17:57 UTC

On Mon, 24 Oct 2022 06:24:33 -0400, DMP <mungemaid@nospam.com> wrote:

>Fired up Elder Scrolls 5 for the first time in a couple of years. Looked
>for some mods to enhance the experience. There's so much out there it's
>overwhelming. Would appreciate some help from the folks in selecting the
>better ones.
>
>I upgraded the the game to the one with Survival Mode, Fishing, etc., so
>I think I have the latest version of the base game. TIA

Well, this might be a good start:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPHTJo-d2YY

It shows a heavily-modded Skyrim with some absolutely gorgeous visuals
and a bunch of gameplay mods. Click on 'show more' in the video
description for links to all the mods (warning: it's a lot). Even if
you aren't interested in them all, it's a place to start.

I've been considering a return to Skyrim myself, but honestly, the
sheer amount of modding I'd have to (want to do) is preventing me from
even starting. Partly it's just the work of downloading and installing
the mods, but it's also because different mods only work with
different versions of the game, and I'd be heartbroken if Mod_X only
worked with the base game, and Mod_Y only works with the Special
Edition. Plus, loading up the game with mods makes the already-buggy
game even more unstable, and I have to many memories of the game
crashing or freezing to really want to get into all that again.

(Plus, once you get started with modding Skyrim, it's really hard to
stop. Eventually you spend more time tinkering with mods than you do
actually playing the game ;-)

Re: ES-5

<tj6osn$1ojnk$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=9162&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#9162

From: mungem...@nospam.com (DMP)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2022 15:26:14 -0400
 by: DMP - Mon, 24 Oct 2022 19:26 UTC

On 10/24/2022 1:57 PM, Spalls Hurgenson wrote:
> On Mon, 24 Oct 2022 06:24:33 -0400, DMP <mungemaid@nospam.com> wrote:
>
>> Fired up Elder Scrolls 5 for the first time in a couple of years. Looked
>> for some mods to enhance the experience. There's so much out there it's
>> overwhelming. Would appreciate some help from the folks in selecting the
>> better ones.
>>
>> I upgraded the the game to the one with Survival Mode, Fishing, etc., so
>> I think I have the latest version of the base game. TIA
>
> Well, this might be a good start:
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPHTJo-d2YY
>
> It shows a heavily-modded Skyrim with some absolutely gorgeous visuals
> and a bunch of gameplay mods. Click on 'show more' in the video
> description for links to all the mods (warning: it's a lot). Even if
> you aren't interested in them all, it's a place to start.
>
> I've been considering a return to Skyrim myself, but honestly, the
> sheer amount of modding I'd have to (want to do) is preventing me from
> even starting. Partly it's just the work of downloading and installing
> the mods, but it's also because different mods only work with
> different versions of the game, and I'd be heartbroken if Mod_X only
> worked with the base game, and Mod_Y only works with the Special
> Edition. Plus, loading up the game with mods makes the already-buggy
> game even more unstable, and I have to many memories of the game
> crashing or freezing to really want to get into all that again.
>
> (Plus, once you get started with modding Skyrim, it's really hard to
> stop. Eventually you spend more time tinkering with mods than you do
> actually playing the game ;-)

I am reluctant to do too much modding because I don't want to trash the
game and as you said waste a ton of time tinkering rather than playing.
I discovered a few mods I installed way back when, so I'll look for a
few graphics mods and maybe that'll be it (and whispers my favorite
cheat for lockpicks.) I hate fiddling with them.

D.

Re: ES-5

<fb7691c9-e6f7-4638-a762-fecf40712a32n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=9164&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#9164

Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2022 16:05:40 -0700 (PDT)
From: justis...@gmail.com (Justisaur)
 by: Justisaur - Mon, 24 Oct 2022 23:05 UTC

On Monday, October 24, 2022 at 3:24:35 AM UTC-7, DMP wrote:
> Fired up Elder Scrolls 5 for the first time in a couple of years. Looked
> for some mods to enhance the experience. There's so much out there it's
> overwhelming. Would appreciate some help from the folks in selecting the
> better ones.
>
> I upgraded the the game to the one with Survival Mode, Fishing, etc., so
> I think I have the latest version of the base game. TIA
>
> D.

I just posted about this. I've been thinking on it too, but I never liked ES
games enough to play them again, with the possible exception of
Daggerfall. Though I haven't played it a 2nd time, it's the only one that
I think strongly about playing again.

To repeat myself, I just copied and pasted from that thread.
Quoted bit is what Spalls said, which is contextual to the post:

> The #1 mod for any Bethesda game should be the fan-made patch-mod that
> corrects all the bugs - many known to Bethesda for years - that
> Bethesda never got around to fixing (e.g., "Unofficial Skyrim
> Legendary Edition Patch" for Skyrim LE, but there's one for every
> version of Skyrim... and pretty much every Bethesda open-world RPG
> since Morrowind).
>

> After that, SkyUI maybe, to improve the interface in the menus, and
> ImmersiveHUD, to get that interface out of your face when you don't
> need it.

> However, while the Steam Workship is an okay 'first stop', for the
> best selection you need to visit NexusMods. Many of the better mods
> require their own 'support mods' (such as the Skyrim Script Extender,
> or ENB patches) which Steam disallows on its workshop.

I strongly second this stuff.

I couldn't find a fan-patch for Skyrim, but you want one if there is one
on Bethesda games.

Menu improvements are a must too. I used SKYUI
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/3863

I don't like Immersive HUDs though.

I agree NexusMods is where to get mods, not Steam.

Looked up my posts on what I was using besides those:
There's probably better mods now, and these mods
might not work on different versions of the game, but who knows?

You'll need the script extender for some of these
http://skse.silverlock.org/

1. Better female faces mod, so they aren't all repulsive (I tried a few, this
was the one I settled on.)
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/1329

2. Pack Mod about doubles carrying capacity.
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/16438

3. Merchants have more money mod so I don't have to keep running back
and forth to sell all the junk in the game.
nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/35609

4. "Longer Durations and Annoyances" Fixes a whole ton of annoying things
in the game, strong reccomendation
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/54337

5. Broom of Flying/Levitate spell mod (love flying around - more like
levitating in this case as you can't go up. I always miss the fly spell from
D&D in fantasy computer games.)
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/19069

6. Race UI, makes it a lot easier to customize your character and make it
not look like crap.
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/29624

I also used Eyes of Beauty, Static Mesh Improvement,
Enhanced Lights and FX, Enhanced Blood Textures. Though I'm not
real sure on any of those, but they seem to help the graphics and they're
still on nexusmods' list of all time best for skyrim..

I didn't use it, but suggested using a stealth mod if you want stealth to
work.

I had tried a couple other magic mods, but one of them screwed up the game.
Invested magic worked, I kind of liked it, it makes magic last much longer
(I was getting annoyed casting all my magic buffs every 2 minutes) but it
drops your mana a lot to have anything running, so you have to have a
lot of mana to begin with. I'm not sure I'd recommended it though.

- Justisaur

Re: ES-5

<tj7639$1poo4$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=9165&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#9165

From: rsquires...@MOOflashMOO.net (rms)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2022 17:11:37 -0600
 by: rms - Mon, 24 Oct 2022 23:11 UTC

> The #1 mod for any Bethesda game should be the fan-made patch-mod that
> corrects all the bugs - many known to Bethesda for years -

Related Bethesda Patch News:
"Prepare for the future: A next-gen update is coming to Fallout 4! Coming in
2023, this free update will be available for Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 5
and Windows PC systems, including performance mode features for high frame
rates, quality features for 4K resolution gameplay, bug fixes and even bonus
Creation Club content!"
https://fallout.bethesda.net/en/article/jfwd8PsUw8r3pKrO1wOc5/fallout25-conclusion-interviews-events-perks
No word on a patch for FO4VR however :( :(

rms

Re: ES-5

<tj76it$1ppji$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=9166&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#9166

From: rsquires...@MOOflashMOO.net (rms)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2022 17:19:56 -0600
 by: rms - Mon, 24 Oct 2022 23:19 UTC

> Fired up Elder Scrolls 5 for the first time in a couple of years. Looked
> for some mods to enhance the experience.

Here is a list I found for you to goggle in wonder at:
https://www.shacknews.com/chatty?id=37563986#item_37563986

rms

Re: ES-5

<tj8edo$1vhoh$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=9169&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#9169

From: mungem...@nospam.com (DMP)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2022 06:39:52 -0400
 by: DMP - Tue, 25 Oct 2022 10:39 UTC

On 10/24/2022 7:05 PM, Justisaur wrote:
> [...]
>
> 6. Race UI, makes it a lot easier to customize your character and make it
> not look like crap.
> https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/29624
>
> I also used Eyes of Beauty, Static Mesh Improvement,
> Enhanced Lights and FX, Enhanced Blood Textures. Though I'm not
> real sure on any of those, but they seem to help the graphics and they're
> still on nexusmods' list of all time best for skyrim..
>
> I didn't use it, but suggested using a stealth mod if you want stealth to
> work.
>
> I had tried a couple other magic mods, but one of them screwed up the game.
> Invested magic worked, I kind of liked it, it makes magic last much longer
> (I was getting annoyed casting all my magic buffs every 2 minutes) but it
> drops your mana a lot to have anything running, so you have to have a
> lot of mana to begin with. I'm not sure I'd recommended it though.

Great post...Thank you so much. I hope I don't make the game unplayable
by installing a lot of these with what I already have. Appreciate the
time you took to answer.

D.

Re: ES-5

<qcqflh10qp1u529dascorjdcsnddr8l9f9@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=9171&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#9171

From: spallshu...@gmail.com (Spalls Hurgenson)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2022 09:52:34 -0400
 by: Spalls Hurgenson - Tue, 25 Oct 2022 13:52 UTC

On Mon, 24 Oct 2022 16:05:40 -0700 (PDT), Justisaur
<justisaur@gmail.com> wrote:

>To repeat myself, I just copied and pasted from that thread.
>Quoted bit is what Spalls said, which is contextual to the post:

Well, that's where you went wrong. That Spalls-person is a
long-winded, know-nothing blowhard. Ask me how I know! ;-)

Re: ES-5

<tj8vl6$222sd$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=9173&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#9173

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2022 08:33:59 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Tue, 25 Oct 2022 15:33 UTC

On 10/25/2022 6:52 AM, Spalls Hurgenson wrote:
> On Mon, 24 Oct 2022 16:05:40 -0700 (PDT), Justisaur
> <justisaur@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> To repeat myself, I just copied and pasted from that thread.
>> Quoted bit is what Spalls said, which is contextual to the post:
>
> Well, that's where you went wrong. That Spalls-person is a
> long-winded, know-nothing blowhard. Ask me how I know! ;-)

How do you know?

dirty old man.

Re: ES-5

<XnsAF3B681516B25mpndisorg@88.198.57.247>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=9174&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#9174

From: markpnel...@sbcglobal.net (Mark P. Nelson)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2022 17:13:54 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Mark P. Nelson - Tue, 25 Oct 2022 17:13 UTC

DMP <mungemaid@nospam.com> wrote in news:tj6i2c$1nqgl$1@dont-email.me:

> Thank you so much for the help. Appreciate it.

You're welcome.

How could I forget Convenient Horses?

--
Clotho, Lachesis, Atropos -- the only sysadmins that matter

Re: ES-5

<tju22q$16scq$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=9249&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#9249

From: mungem...@nospam.com (DMP)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2022 11:24:11 -0400
 by: DMP - Wed, 2 Nov 2022 15:24 UTC

> [...]
>
> 6. Race UI, makes it a lot easier to customize your character and make it
> not look like crap.
> https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/29624
>
> I also used Eyes of Beauty, Static Mesh Improvement,
> Enhanced Lights and FX, Enhanced Blood Textures. Though I'm not
> real sure on any of those, but they seem to help the graphics and they're
> still on nexusmods' list of all time best for skyrim..
>
> I didn't use it, but suggested using a stealth mod if you want stealth to
> work.
>
> I had tried a couple other magic mods, but one of them screwed up the game.
> Invested magic worked, I kind of liked it, it makes magic last much longer
> (I was getting annoyed casting all my magic buffs every 2 minutes) but it
> drops your mana a lot to have anything running, so you have to have a
> lot of mana to begin with. I'm not sure I'd recommended it though.

Sorry, I looked for and couldn't find your original post.

I did a clean install of the game and removed the crappy mess it had
become. Talk about a game with stuff all over, ugh. Is there any
particular order you can recommend for mod installation? TIA

D.

Re: ES-5

<XnsAF436984D8F52mpndisorg@88.198.57.247>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=9251&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#9251

From: markpnel...@sbcglobal.net (Mark P. Nelson)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2022 17:22:22 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Mark P. Nelson - Wed, 2 Nov 2022 17:22 UTC

DMP <mungemaid@nospam.com> wrote in news:tju22q$16scq$1@dont-email.me:

> I did a clean install of the game and removed the crappy mess it had
> become. Talk about a game with stuff all over, ugh. Is there any
> particular order you can recommend for mod installation? TIA

If you use the Vortex mod manager from NexuxMods, just have it sort things
after you've installed the ones that interest you. It'll tell you if you've
left out something that one of your chosen mods depends on.

--
Clotho, Lachesis, Atropos -- the only sysadmins that matter

Re: ES-5

<tjueqv$17tps$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=9256&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#9256

From: mungem...@nospam.com (DMP)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2022 15:01:51 -0400
 by: DMP - Wed, 2 Nov 2022 19:01 UTC

On 11/2/2022 1:22 PM, Mark P. Nelson wrote:
> DMP <mungemaid@nospam.com> wrote in news:tju22q$16scq$1@dont-email.me:
>
>> I did a clean install of the game and removed the crappy mess it had
>> become. Talk about a game with stuff all over, ugh. Is there any
>> particular order you can recommend for mod installation? TIA
>
> If you use the Vortex mod manager from NexuxMods, just have it sort things
> after you've installed the ones that interest you. It'll tell you if you've
> left out something that one of your chosen mods depends on.

Yes, just installed Vortex. Haven't worked with it yet, Thanks.

Re: ES-5

<XnsAF4454FF2A6EDmpndisorg@88.198.57.247>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=9278&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#9278

From: markpnel...@sbcglobal.net (Mark P. Nelson)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2022 15:21:19 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Mark P. Nelson - Thu, 3 Nov 2022 15:21 UTC

DMP <mungemaid@nospam.com> wrote in news:tjueqv$17tps$1@dont-email.me:

> On 11/2/2022 1:22 PM, Mark P. Nelson wrote:
>> DMP <mungemaid@nospam.com> wrote in news:tju22q$16scq$1@dont-email.me:
>>
>>> I did a clean install of the game and removed the crappy mess it had
>>> become. Talk about a game with stuff all over, ugh. Is there any
>>> particular order you can recommend for mod installation? TIA
>>
>> If you use the Vortex mod manager from NexuxMods, just have it sort
>> things after you've installed the ones that interest you. It'll tell
>> you if you've left out something that one of your chosen mods depends
>> on.
>>
> Yes, just installed Vortex. Haven't worked with it yet, Thanks.

OK. In a nutshell, let Vortex handle your downloads from NexusMods,

Then, in Vortex, select "Mods" in the left-hand column to install and enable
them, then select "Plugins" in the left-hand column and "Sort Now", second
from the left in the bar along the top, and you should be good to go unless
there are any conflicts you need to resolve.

--
Clotho, Lachesis, Atropos -- the only sysadmins that matter

Re: ES-5

<sm0a6577qgk.fsf@lakka.kapsi.fi>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=9289&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#9289

From: as...@sci.fi (Anssi Saari)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2022 22:06:35 +0200
sha1:DAePoS9FRpds9tGeJF1z2/E2v20=
 by: Anssi Saari - Thu, 3 Nov 2022 20:06 UTC

"Mark P. Nelson" <markpnelson@sbcglobal.net> writes:

> If you use the Vortex mod manager from NexuxMods, just have it sort things
> after you've installed the ones that interest you. It'll tell you if you've
> left out something that one of your chosen mods depends on.

I remember using Nexus Mod Manager, when I last played Fallout 4. Is
this a rename or a new mod manager? As I recall, Nexus Mod Manager got
the job done but user friendly it wasn't.

Re: ES-5

<tk2qqe$1o8v4$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=9296&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#9296

From: mungem...@nospam.com (DMP)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2022 06:50:54 -0400
 by: DMP - Fri, 4 Nov 2022 10:50 UTC

On 11/3/2022 11:21 AM, Mark P. Nelson wrote:
> DMP <mungemaid@nospam.com> wrote in news:tjueqv$17tps$1@dont-email.me:

>>> If you use the Vortex mod manager from NexuxMods, just have it sort
>>> things after you've installed the ones that interest you. It'll tell
>>> you if you've left out something that one of your chosen mods depends
>>> on.
>>>
>> Yes, just installed Vortex. Haven't worked with it yet, Thanks.
>>

> OK. In a nutshell, let Vortex handle your downloads from NexusMods,
>
> Then, in Vortex, select "Mods" in the left-hand column to install and enable
> them, then select "Plugins" in the left-hand column and "Sort Now", second
> from the left in the bar along the top, and you should be good to go unless
> there are any conflicts you need to resolve.

I got a few mods installed and they seem to be working fine. The one
glitch I ran into was the Skyrim UI which apparently isn't compatible
with the script extender Vortex installed. But, I disabled it and all is
well. A few more to go and hopefully I'll have an orderly modded game.
Uninstalling the previously modded game was a bit of a chore 'cause
there's junk everywhere you can think of.

I think Vortex replaced NMM sometime ago. Apparently the two don't play
well together anymore.

D.

Re: ES-5

<XnsAF455D5D8C2C0mpndisorg@88.198.57.247>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=9298&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#9298

From: markpnel...@sbcglobal.net (Mark P. Nelson)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2022 16:10:41 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Mark P. Nelson - Fri, 4 Nov 2022 16:10 UTC

Anssi Saari <as@sci.fi> wrote in news:sm0a6577qgk.fsf@lakka.kapsi.fi:

> "Mark P. Nelson" <markpnelson@sbcglobal.net> writes:
>
>> If you use the Vortex mod manager from NexuxMods, just have it sort
>> things after you've installed the ones that interest you. It'll tell
>> you if you've left out something that one of your chosen mods depends
>> on.
>
> I remember using Nexus Mod Manager, when I last played Fallout 4. Is
> this a rename or a new mod manager? As I recall, Nexus Mod Manager got
> the job done but user friendly it wasn't.

Vortex replaced the Nexus Mod Manager a few years ago. It's an entirely new
programme written by diferent people.

It's not bad, especially considering how complicated what it does is.

--
Clotho, Lachesis, Atropos -- the only sysadmins that matter