From: nospam.M...@f2030.n280.z2.fidonet.org (Marco R)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Subject: Users Callnumber in Callers.dat
Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2022 16:55:56 +1200
 by: Marco R - Sun, 6 Feb 2022 04:55 UTC

Hello,

I was wondering if it is possible the add the callnumber of the user in the
callers.dat file. When I read the number from the userfile I get the most up to
date amount of calls and not the amount for that specific call.

Secondly, I couldn't find a logoff time or total amount of time for a specific
call.

Gtx!

Re: Users Callnumber in Callers.dat

<2099085425@f215.n129.z1.fidonet.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=941&group=alt.bbs.mystic#941

From: nospam.g...@f215.n129.z1.fidonet.org (g00r00)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Subject: Re: Users Callnumber in Callers.dat
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2022 12:36:26 +1200
 by: g00r00 - Tue, 8 Feb 2022 00:36 UTC

MR> I was wondering if it is possible the add the callnumber of the user in
MR> the callers.dat file. When I read the number from the userfile I get the
MR> most up to date amount of calls and not the amount for that specific
MR> call.

You can find this information on the user's individual user record if you want
to get it.

I could possibly add it to callers.dat as well but that number will not stay
accurate. In other words it would only show their total calls to the BBS
system at the time it was added into the callers.dat file so it may not do what
you want it to do.

MR> Secondly, I couldn't find a logoff time or total amount of time for a
MR> specific call.

Yes the callers.dat would not have this information. The record is added to
callers.dat when the user logs in not when they log out, although maybe it
could be updated a second time to include the users logout time as well.

.... THE fIRST sTEP iS tO tAKE oFF tHE cAPS lOCK

Re: Users Callnumber in Callers.dat

<2617542271@f2030.n280.z2.fidonet.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=972&group=alt.bbs.mystic#972

From: nospam.M...@f2030.n280.z2.fidonet.org (Marco R)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2022 09:30:22 +1200
 by: Marco R - Sat, 12 Feb 2022 21:30 UTC

g0> MR> I was wondering if it is possible the add the callnumber of the user
g0> MR> the callers.dat file. When I read the number from the userfile I get
g0> MR> most up to date amount of calls and not the amount for that specific
g0> MR> call.

g0> I could possibly add it to callers.dat as well but that number will not
g0> stay accurate. In other words it would only show their total calls to
g0> the BBS system at the time it was added into the callers.dat file so it
g0> may not do what you want it to do.

Yeah, the reason is to show the actual call number for that call in a list of
last callers. Now it looks weird if someone called more that one time that day.
Example what I would like:

User Date/Time on--------#Calls
John 220213 10:01-10:04 5 (instead of 7)
Pete 220213 10:02-10:25 19
John 220213 16:14-16:44 6 (instead of 7)
John 220213 23:03-23:11 7

g0> Yes the callers.dat would not have this information. The record is
g0> added to callers.dat when the user logs in not when they log out,

Yes exactly.

g0> although maybe it could be updated a second time to include the users
g0> logout time as well.

Nice!

.... A social life? Where can I download that!?

Re: Users Callnumber in Callers.dat

<583942103@f215.n129.z1.fidonet.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=974&group=alt.bbs.mystic#974

From: nospam.g...@f215.n129.z1.fidonet.org (g00r00)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2022 13:03:47 +1200
 by: g00r00 - Mon, 14 Feb 2022 01:03 UTC

MR> Yeah, the reason is to show the actual call number for that call in a
MR> list of last callers. Now it looks weird if someone called more that one
MR> time that day. Example what I would like:
MR>
MR> User Date/Time on--------#Calls
MR> John 220213 10:01-10:04 5 (instead of 7)
MR> Pete 220213 10:02-10:25 19
MR> John 220213 16:14-16:44 6 (instead of 7)

Okay I will add this in for you in the next build of A48!

MR> g0> although maybe it could be updated a second time to include the users
MR> g0> logout time as well.
MR>
MR> Nice!

This one might take me a bit longer to get to but feel free to remind me in a
couple of weeks if you don't see it :)

.... Everyone is entitled to my opinion!

Re: Users Callnumber in Callers.dat

<2307189789@f2030.n280.z2.fidonet.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=987&group=alt.bbs.mystic#987

From: nospam.M...@f2030.n280.z2.fidonet.org (Marco R)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2022 11:47:55 +1200
 by: Marco R - Wed, 16 Feb 2022 23:47 UTC

g0> MR> Yeah, the reason is to show the actual call number for that call in a
g0> MR> list of last callers. Now it looks weird if someone called more that
g0> MR> time that day. Example what I would like:

g0> Okay I will add this in for you in the next build of A48!

Is there a change in the Structs for this ? As I could not detect a difference.

.... BREAKFAST.COM Halted... Cereal port not responding.

Re: Users Callnumber in Callers.dat

<2629755680@f215.n129.z1.fidonet.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=989&group=alt.bbs.mystic#989

From: nospam.g...@f215.n129.z1.fidonet.org (g00r00)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2022 11:36:11 +1200
 by: g00r00 - Wed, 16 Feb 2022 23:36 UTC

MR> Is there a change in the Structs for this ? As I could not detect a
MR> difference.

Yes if you are not using Mystic to display the value and you're trying to read
the structure directly, then you would need to the updated structure. Note
that I will probably be doing a full revamp on this at some point though as
this structure is from the 1990s.

RecLastOn = Record // CALLERS.DAT
DateTime : LongInt;
NewUser : Boolean;
PeerIP : String[15];
PeerHost : String[50];
Node : Byte;
CallNum : LongInt;
Handle : String[30];
City : String[25];
Address : String[30];
Gender : Char;
EmailAddr : String[35];
UserInfo : String[30];
OptionData : Array[1..10] of String[60];
Source : Byte;
UserCalls : Cardinal;
Reserved : Array[1..48] of Byte;
End;

.... Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist.

Re: Users Callnumber in Callers.dat

<3442659504@f2030.n280.z2.fidonet.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=994&group=alt.bbs.mystic#994

From: nospam.M...@f2030.n280.z2.fidonet.org (Marco R)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2022 11:58:17 +1200
 by: Marco R - Fri, 18 Feb 2022 23:58 UTC

g0> MR> Is there a change in the Structs for this ?
g0> Yes if you are not using Mystic to display the value and you're trying

Thanks a lot! Yes I am doing it the old school way.

.... Everyone smiles in the same language.