https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=9410&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#9410

From: nob...@dizum.com (Nomen Nescio)
Comments: This message did not originate from the Sender address above.
It was remailed automatically by anonymizing remailer software.
Please report problems or inappropriate use to the
remailer administrator at <abuse@dizum.com>.
Subject: Tor and VPN??
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2021 15:16:09 +0200 (CEST)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy,alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Nomen Nescio - Wed, 1 Sep 2021 13:16 UTC

If I use my VPN, say that I choose Slovakia.
Then I want to use Tor, will Tor see my first entry point in Slovakia?
Or will Tor operate separate to my VPN?

Re: Tor and VPN??

<06b7e87ecf0ccb0e4df4e77d4903d2c2@remailer.privacy.at>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=9413&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#9413

From: mixmas...@remailer.privacy.at (Anonymous Remailer (austria))
remailer administrator at <abuse@remailer.privacy.at>.
Subject: Re: Tor and VPN??
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2021 18:14:45 +0200 (CEST)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Anonymous Remailer ( - Wed, 1 Sep 2021 16:14 UTC

On 9/1/2021 8:16 AM, Nomen Nescio wrote:

> If I use my VPN, say that I choose Slovakia.
> Then I want to use Tor, will Tor see my first entry point in Slovakia?
> Or will Tor operate separate to my VPN?

You would start your VPN, then start Tor. Tor runs through your VPN.

The Tor entry node would see your Slovakia exit VPN node.

Seems safe enough but consider this: If you are using a paid VPN, and
that payment is tied to your real world identity, and you don't
anonymize your payment, then in theory your traffic can be traced
directly back to you.

If you use Tor alone, only the Tor entry node knows your IP but not the
content or the destination of your traffic. Neither the Tor middle
node, nor the exit node knows your IP, and if using HTTPS as you should,
then your traffic is encrypted.

Re: Tor and VPN??

<16a0e0d2747c44a3$1$1220258$4066de33@news.newsgroupdirect.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=9424&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#9424

Newsgroups: alt.privacy,alt.privacy.anon-server
From: TheIllus...@Section9Network.net (IllusiveMan)
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2021 22:37:38 -0400
 by: IllusiveMan - Thu, 2 Sep 2021 02:37 UTC

On 9/1/2021 9:16 AM, Nomen Nescio wrote:
> If I use my VPN, say that I choose Slovakia.
> Then I want to use Tor, will Tor see my first entry point in Slovakia?
> Or will Tor operate separate to my VPN?

(⌐■_■) //IllusiveMan_//User_Of//Section9_Network//
PGP Signature to verify the authenticity of my email.
https://section9network.net/tim.html