A computer scientist is someone who fixes things that aren't broken.

computers / comp.sys.mac.advocacy / Returned The New Dell 9710 Laptop Today

SubjectAuthor
* Returned The New Dell 9710 Laptop TodayJohn
`* Re: Returned The New Dell 9710 Laptop TodayThomas E.
 +* Re: Returned The New Dell 9710 Laptop TodayJohn
 |`- Re: Returned The New Dell 9710 Laptop TodayThomas E.
 +* Re: Returned The New Dell 9710 Laptop TodayJohn
 |`- Re: Returned The New Dell 9710 Laptop TodayJohn
 `- Re: Returned The New Dell 9710 Laptop TodayStefen Carroll - frelwizzen

1
Returned The New Dell 9710 Laptop Today

<5oCdnbPSir49mUD8nZ2dnUU7-SPNnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=9489&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#9489

Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2022 20:16:31 -0800
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
From: nos...@nospam.com (John)
Subject: Returned The New Dell 9710 Laptop Today
 by: John - Tue, 11 Jan 2022 04:16 UTC

Received a new i9 17in Dell 9710 4k Laptop last Wed. The screen on it
was beautiful. It had face ID that worked excellently. It was very
fast but as expected with clunky Intel technology it had very poor
battery life at 4.25 hours or so and frequent fan noise. I really did
like it and intended to keep it anyway. Yesterday though the graphics
failed and after booting a severely distorted screen appeared with grey
distorted bars.

So back to Dell it goes via Fedex. I needed a PC replacement as my Dell
9550 laptop is getting old. Maybe I will try later in the year with
something else.

Re: Returned The New Dell 9710 Laptop Today

<8d737702-162d-4772-a1f4-f12a4da7f6b7n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=9495&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#9495

Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2022 16:32:09 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Returned The New Dell 9710 Laptop Today
From: thomas.e...@gmail.com (Thomas E.)
 by: Thomas E. - Wed, 12 Jan 2022 00:32 UTC

On Monday, January 10, 2022 at 11:16:39 PM UTC-5, John wrote:
> Received a new i9 17in Dell 9710 4k Laptop last Wed. The screen on it
> was beautiful. It had face ID that worked excellently. It was very
> fast but as expected with clunky Intel technology it had very poor
> battery life at 4.25 hours or so and frequent fan noise. I really did
> like it and intended to keep it anyway. Yesterday though the graphics
> failed and after booting a severely distorted screen appeared with grey
> distorted bars.
>
> So back to Dell it goes via Fedex. I needed a PC replacement as my Dell
> 9550 laptop is getting old. Maybe I will try later in the year with
> something else.

Thought you just bought a Mac. Same John???

Re: Returned The New Dell 9710 Laptop Today

<veKdndU5PuqlpEP8nZ2dnUU7-fmdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=9497&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#9497

Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2022 18:13:11 -0800
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
From: nos...@nospam.com (John)
 by: John - Wed, 12 Jan 2022 02:13 UTC

On 1/11/2022 4:32 PM, Thomas E. wrote:
> On Monday, January 10, 2022 at 11:16:39 PM UTC-5, John wrote:
>> Received a new i9 17in Dell 9710 4k Laptop last Wed. The screen on it
>> was beautiful. It had face ID that worked excellently. It was very
>> fast but as expected with clunky Intel technology it had very poor
>> battery life at 4.25 hours or so and frequent fan noise. I really did
>> like it and intended to keep it anyway. Yesterday though the graphics
>> failed and after booting a severely distorted screen appeared with grey
>> distorted bars.
>>
>> So back to Dell it goes via Fedex. I needed a PC replacement as my Dell
>> 9550 laptop is getting old. Maybe I will try later in the year with
>> something else.
>
> Thought you just bought a Mac. Same John???

I did. But wanted a new PC also. Dell was machine was great. When it
was working for the first couple of days.

Re: Returned The New Dell 9710 Laptop Today

<qeudncsRHoI4p0P8nZ2dnUU7-KfNnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=9498&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#9498

Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2022 18:19:12 -0800
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
From: nos...@nospam.com (John)
 by: John - Wed, 12 Jan 2022 02:19 UTC

On 1/11/2022 4:32 PM, Thomas E. wrote:
> On Monday, January 10, 2022 at 11:16:39 PM UTC-5, John wrote:
>> Received a new i9 17in Dell 9710 4k Laptop last Wed. The screen on it
>> was beautiful. It had face ID that worked excellently. It was very
>> fast but as expected with clunky Intel technology it had very poor
>> battery life at 4.25 hours or so and frequent fan noise. I really did
>> like it and intended to keep it anyway. Yesterday though the graphics
>> failed and after booting a severely distorted screen appeared with grey
>> distorted bars.
>>
>> So back to Dell it goes via Fedex. I needed a PC replacement as my Dell
>> 9550 laptop is getting old. Maybe I will try later in the year with
>> something else.
>
> Thought you just bought a Mac. Same John???

One more thing. Apple should be ashamed of itself for that notch on the
Macbook Pro. My tryout of the Dell 9710 machine showed me you can have
face ID plus a camera with creating a fucking notch. Dell did it. Why
not Apple?

Re: Returned The New Dell 9710 Laptop Today

<dOqdnQg8bb_ZpkP8nZ2dnUU7-WHNnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=9499&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#9499

Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2022 18:21:56 -0800
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
From: nos...@nospam.com (John)
 by: John - Wed, 12 Jan 2022 02:21 UTC

On 1/11/2022 6:19 PM, John wrote:
> On 1/11/2022 4:32 PM, Thomas E. wrote:
>> On Monday, January 10, 2022 at 11:16:39 PM UTC-5, John wrote:
>>> Received a new i9 17in Dell 9710 4k Laptop last Wed. The screen on it
>>> was beautiful. It had face ID that worked excellently. It was very
>>> fast but as expected with clunky Intel technology it had very poor
>>> battery life at 4.25 hours or so and frequent fan noise. I really did
>>> like it and intended to keep it anyway. Yesterday though the graphics
>>> failed and after booting a severely distorted screen appeared with grey
>>> distorted bars.
>>>
>>> So back to Dell it goes via Fedex. I needed a PC replacement as my Dell
>>> 9550 laptop is getting old. Maybe I will try later in the year with
>>> something else.
>>
>> Thought you just bought a Mac. Same John???
>

> One more thing.  Apple should be ashamed of itself for that notch on the
> Macbook Pro.  My tryout of the Dell 9710 machine showed me you can have
> face ID plus a camera with creating a fucking notch.   Dell did it.  Why
> not Apple?

WITHOUT creating a notch. Sorry for the misspell.

Re: Returned The New Dell 9710 Laptop Today

<5300a3d8-0cf4-4667-8edd-b5c9baa672a5n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=9503&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#9503

Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2022 13:52:35 -0800 (PST)
From: frelwiz...@gmail.com (Stefen Carroll - frelwizzen)
 by: Stefen Carroll - fre - Wed, 12 Jan 2022 21:52 UTC

On Tuesday, January 11, 2022 at 5:32:10 PM UTC-7, Thomas E. wrote:
> On Monday, January 10, 2022 at 11:16:39 PM UTC-5, John wrote:
> > Received a new i9 17in Dell 9710 4k Laptop last Wed. The screen on it
> > was beautiful. It had face ID that worked excellently. It was very
> > fast but as expected with clunky Intel technology it had very poor
> > battery life at 4.25 hours or so and frequent fan noise. I really did
> > like it and intended to keep it anyway. Yesterday though the graphics
> > failed and after booting a severely distorted screen appeared with grey
> > distorted bars.
> >
> > So back to Dell it goes via Fedex. I needed a PC replacement as my Dell
> > 9550 laptop is getting old. Maybe I will try later in the year with
> > something else.
> Thought you just bought a Mac. Same John???

I am working on a program which will blow what Linux has away.

It will never matter because the name on a post is irrelevant, it's the
content that counts. The content clearly is a bunch of randomized Ryan Sullivan-
like crap. We know there are only a few people who do that.

How Ryan Sullivan determines when to use the flood script to disrupt discussions
best http://usenet.sandman.net/misc/snit_flood.

--
"You'll notice how quickly he loses interest when everything is about him.
He clearly wants the attention"

Re: Returned The New Dell 9710 Laptop Today

<9071f836-22a1-4043-8f72-1daa59e55dd8n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=9505&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#9505

Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2022 15:12:22 -0800 (PST)
From: thomas.e...@gmail.com (Thomas E.)
 by: Thomas E. - Thu, 13 Jan 2022 23:12 UTC

On Tuesday, January 11, 2022 at 9:13:18 PM UTC-5, John wrote:
> On 1/11/2022 4:32 PM, Thomas E. wrote:
> > On Monday, January 10, 2022 at 11:16:39 PM UTC-5, John wrote:
> >> Received a new i9 17in Dell 9710 4k Laptop last Wed. The screen on it
> >> was beautiful. It had face ID that worked excellently. It was very
> >> fast but as expected with clunky Intel technology it had very poor
> >> battery life at 4.25 hours or so and frequent fan noise. I really did
> >> like it and intended to keep it anyway. Yesterday though the graphics
> >> failed and after booting a severely distorted screen appeared with grey
> >> distorted bars.
> >>
> >> So back to Dell it goes via Fedex. I needed a PC replacement as my Dell
> >> 9550 laptop is getting old. Maybe I will try later in the year with
> >> something else.
> >
> > Thought you just bought a Mac. Same John???
> I did. But wanted a new PC also. Dell was machine was great. When it
> was working for the first couple of days.

So was my MacBook for 14 days. Then on day 15 it would not boot up. I think these things tend to break early if they are going to break. So far the Dell 9510 is running great at 6 weeks.