To the systems programmer, users and applications serve only to provide a test load.

computers / comp.sys.mac.advocacy / Re: CarPlay, again

SubjectAuthor
* CarPlay, againThomas E.
+* Re: CarPlay, againAlan
|`* Re: CarPlay, againThomas E.
| `* Re: CarPlay, againAlan
|  `* Re: CarPlay, againThomas E.
|   `* Re: CarPlay, againAlan
|    `* Re: CarPlay, againThomas E.
|     `* Re: CarPlay, againAlan
|      `- Re: CarPlay, againThomas E.
+* Re: CarPlay, againJohn
|`- Re: CarPlay, againThomas E.
`* Re: CarPlay, again-hh
 +* Re: CarPlay, againAlan
 |`* Re: CarPlay, againThomas E.
 | `* Re: CarPlay, againAlan
 |  `* Re: CarPlay, againThomas E.
 |   +- Re: CarPlay, againSteve Carroll
 |   `- Re: CarPlay, againAlan
 +* Re: CarPlay, againHHI
 |`* Re: CarPlay, againAlan
 | `- Re: CarPlay, againpothead
 `* Re: CarPlay, againThomas E.
  `* Re: CarPlay, againAlan
   `* Re: CarPlay, againThomas E.
    `- Re: CarPlay, againAlan

1
CarPlay, again

<acee7c09-2bb5-44dd-9234-e07816f4e184n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=9415&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#9415

Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2022 17:41:09 -0800 (PST)
Subject: CarPlay, again
From: thomas.e...@gmail.com (Thomas E.)
 by: Thomas E. - Thu, 6 Jan 2022 01:41 UTC

More on CarPlay issues with my 2019 Honda Insight. I think it's been solved..

Over the last 10 days I have had the opportunity to drive an almost new 2021 Ford Transit van for about 6-10 hours. It has wired CarPlay. CarPlay connected right up after I plugged in my iPhone SE2, but after two days the connection was lost. I had to delete the phone from the system and set it up again. But, other than that, it has been flawless. Unlike the Insight no dropped audio or un-commanded CarPlay system disconnects.

Also, I recently traded the Insight for a 2022 Accord Touring, Hybrid edition. It has wireless charging and CarPlay. No issues in the first 2 weeks.

The Insight system had an audio disconnect almost every time I drove it. On a long trip of over an hour I routinely got at least one total disconnect.

So, I am led to conclude that there was something amiss between my iPhone and the car's entertainment system that is not present in the Transit or the new Accord. Almost certainly it was in the Insight's USB connection somewhere, and the Transit experience strongly indicates it was on the vehicle side.

Re: CarPlay, again

<sr5imv$vj0$3@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=9416&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#9416

From: nop...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Subject: Re: CarPlay, again
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2022 18:04:15 -0800
 by: Alan - Thu, 6 Jan 2022 02:04 UTC

On 2022-01-05 5:41 p.m., Thomas E. wrote:
> More on CarPlay issues with my 2019 Honda Insight. I think it's been solved.
>
> Over the last 10 days I have had the opportunity to drive an almost new 2021 Ford Transit van for about 6-10 hours. It has wired CarPlay. CarPlay connected right up after I plugged in my iPhone SE2, but after two days the connection was lost. I had to delete the phone from the system and set it up again. But, other than that, it has been flawless. Unlike the Insight no dropped audio or un-commanded CarPlay system disconnects.
>
> Also, I recently traded the Insight for a 2022 Accord Touring, Hybrid edition. It has wireless charging and CarPlay. No issues in the first 2 weeks.
>
> The Insight system had an audio disconnect almost every time I drove it. On a long trip of over an hour I routinely got at least one total disconnect.
>
> So, I am led to conclude that there was something amiss between my iPhone and the car's entertainment system that is not present in the Transit or the new Accord. Almost certainly it was in the Insight's USB connection somewhere, and the Transit experience strongly indicates it was on the vehicle side.

The thing you repeatedly told us wasn't true when you insisted that it
was Apple's CarPlay technology that was to blame.

Re: CarPlay, again

<somdnZUbK6mhykv8nZ2dnUU7-f2dnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=9417&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#9417

Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2022 18:43:09 -0800
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
From: nos...@nospam.com (John)
 by: John - Thu, 6 Jan 2022 02:43 UTC

On 1/5/2022 5:41 PM, Thomas E. wrote:
> More on CarPlay issues with my 2019 Honda Insight. I think it's been solved.
>
> Over the last 10 days I have had the opportunity to drive an almost new 2021 Ford Transit van for about 6-10 hours. It has wired CarPlay. CarPlay connected right up after I plugged in my iPhone SE2, but after two days the connection was lost. I had to delete the phone from the system and set it up again. But, other than that, it has been flawless. Unlike the Insight no dropped audio or un-commanded CarPlay system disconnects.
>
> Also, I recently traded the Insight for a 2022 Accord Touring, Hybrid edition. It has wireless charging and CarPlay. No issues in the first 2 weeks.
>
> The Insight system had an audio disconnect almost every time I drove it. On a long trip of over an hour I routinely got at least one total disconnect.
>
> So, I am led to conclude that there was something amiss between my iPhone and the car's entertainment system that is not present in the Transit or the new Accord. Almost certainly it was in the Insight's USB connection somewhere, and the Transit experience strongly indicates it was on the vehicle side.

Always make sure your car has the up to date firmware/software for its
entertainment system. Yes many car manufacturers do update.

Re: CarPlay, again

<6482b53c-82f7-4532-b5b9-d615307a8692n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=9418&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#9418

Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2022 04:54:43 -0800 (PST)
From: recscuba...@huntzinger.com (-hh)
 by: -hh - Thu, 6 Jan 2022 12:54 UTC

On Wednesday, January 5, 2022 at 8:41:11 PM UTC-5, Thomas E. wrote:
> More on CarPlay issues with my 2019 Honda Insight. I think it's been solved.

Oh, so you went back to Android? /s

> Over the last 10 days I have had the opportunity to drive an almost
> new 2021 Ford Transit van for about 6-10 hours. It has wired CarPlay.
> CarPlay connected right up after I plugged in my iPhone SE2, but after
> two days the connection was lost. I had to delete the phone from the
> system and set it up again. But, other than that, it has been flawless.
> Unlike the Insight no dropped audio or un-commanded CarPlay system
> disconnects.

I've had occasional glitches where the easiest solution is to delete &
set back up as new ... maybe once every ~2 years. Think once or
twice it was shortly after a dealership service, so there probably was
a silent entertainment system upgrade going on.

> Also, I recently traded the Insight for a 2022 Accord Touring, Hybrid
> edition. It has wireless charging and CarPlay. No issues in the first 2 weeks.

That was quick. Guessing you got a decent trade-in price for the 2019
Insight due to the used car supply/demand pinch...although IIRC that
would have also been knocked down some by that traffic circle fender-bender.

We've been kind of debating if to similarly do a quick vehicle flip because
of said market conditions, as our newest is coming up on 2 years old and
still has less than 3K miles on it thanks to CoVid-centric vast reductions in
driving, so presumably it would garner a good price...but probably not good
enough considering its very low mileage.

> The Insight system had an audio disconnect almost every time I drove it.
> On a long trip of over an hour I routinely got at least one total disconnect.
>
> So, I am led to conclude that there was something amiss between my
> iPhone and the car's entertainment system that is not present in the
> Transit or the new Accord. Almost certainly it was in the Insight's USB
> connection somewhere, and the Transit experience strongly indicates
> it was on the vehicle side.

Yup, which is the same conclusion that the rest of us came to months ago.

-hh

Re: CarPlay, again

<sr7q6u$ckf$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=9419&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#9419

From: nop...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2022 14:24:30 -0800
 by: Alan - Thu, 6 Jan 2022 22:24 UTC

On 2022-01-06 4:54 a.m., -hh wrote:
> On Wednesday, January 5, 2022 at 8:41:11 PM UTC-5, Thomas E. wrote:
>> More on CarPlay issues with my 2019 Honda Insight. I think it's been solved.
>
> Oh, so you went back to Android? /s
>

>> Over the last 10 days I have had the opportunity to drive an almost
>> new 2021 Ford Transit van for about 6-10 hours. It has wired CarPlay.
>> CarPlay connected right up after I plugged in my iPhone SE2, but after
>> two days the connection was lost. I had to delete the phone from the
>> system and set it up again. But, other than that, it has been flawless.
>> Unlike the Insight no dropped audio or un-commanded CarPlay system
>> disconnects.
>
> I've had occasional glitches where the easiest solution is to delete &
> set back up as new ... maybe once every ~2 years. Think once or
> twice it was shortly after a dealership service, so there probably was
> a silent entertainment system upgrade going on.
>

>> Also, I recently traded the Insight for a 2022 Accord Touring, Hybrid
>> edition. It has wireless charging and CarPlay. No issues in the first 2 weeks.
>
> That was quick. Guessing you got a decent trade-in price for the 2019
> Insight due to the used car supply/demand pinch...although IIRC that
> would have also been knocked down some by that traffic circle fender-bender.
>
> We've been kind of debating if to similarly do a quick vehicle flip because
> of said market conditions, as our newest is coming up on 2 years old and
> still has less than 3K miles on it thanks to CoVid-centric vast reductions in
> driving, so presumably it would garner a good price...but probably not good
> enough considering its very low mileage.
>

>> The Insight system had an audio disconnect almost every time I drove it.
>> On a long trip of over an hour I routinely got at least one total disconnect.
>>
>> So, I am led to conclude that there was something amiss between my
>> iPhone and the car's entertainment system that is not present in the
>> Transit or the new Accord. Almost certainly it was in the Insight's USB
>> connection somewhere, and the Transit experience strongly indicates
>> it was on the vehicle side.
>
> Yup, which is the same conclusion that the rest of us came to months ago.
>

> -hh

Precisely. Who am I quoting here:

'CarPlay issues should have been discovered. It’s a key iOS feature.

HOW could Apple have missed the iPhone 13/iOS/CarPlay problems.'

<https://groups.google.com/u/1/g/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/c/1e-mef9AORw/m/w4Jo4Ai0AgAJ>

'So, guess what Allan [sic] B?

Car Play 15.0.2 has the following fix, and I quote:

CarPlay may fail to open audio apps or disconnect during playback (iOS only)

Alan, unfortunately 15.0.2 did not fix my CarPlay audio stoppage issue.'

<https://groups.google.com/u/1/g/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/c/cXUYY6E_1lg/m/32-uvMofAQAJ>

Re: CarPlay, again

<8219562d-c43f-48f4-81f4-bffe0b809d09n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=9436&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#9436

Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2022 15:31:49 -0800 (PST)
From: frelwiz...@gmail.com (HHI)
 by: HHI - Fri, 7 Jan 2022 23:31 UTC

On Thursday, January 6, 2022 at 5:54:44 AM UTC-7, -hh wrote:
> On Wednesday, January 5, 2022 at 8:41:11 PM UTC-5, Thomas E. wrote:
> > More on CarPlay issues with my 2019 Honda Insight. I think it's been solved.
> Oh, so you went back to Android? /s
> >
> > Over the last 10 days I have had the opportunity to drive an almost
> > new 2021 Ford Transit van for about 6-10 hours. It has wired CarPlay.
> > CarPlay connected right up after I plugged in my iPhone SE2, but after
> > two days the connection was lost. I had to delete the phone from the
> > system and set it up again. But, other than that, it has been flawless.
> > Unlike the Insight no dropped audio or un-commanded CarPlay system
> > disconnects.
> I've had occasional glitches where the easiest solution is to delete &
> set back up as new ... maybe once every ~2 years. Think once or
> twice it was shortly after a dealership service, so there probably was
> a silent entertainment system upgrade going on.
> >
> > Also, I recently traded the Insight for a 2022 Accord Touring, Hybrid
> > edition. It has wireless charging and CarPlay. No issues in the first 2 weeks.
> That was quick. Guessing you got a decent trade-in price for the 2019
> Insight due to the used car supply/demand pinch...although IIRC that
> would have also been knocked down some by that traffic circle fender-bender.
>
> We've been kind of debating if to similarly do a quick vehicle flip because
> of said market conditions, as our newest is coming up on 2 years old and
> still has less than 3K miles on it thanks to CoVid-centric vast reductions in
> driving, so presumably it would garner a good price...but probably not good
> enough considering its very low mileage.
> >
> > The Insight system had an audio disconnect almost every time I drove it.
> > On a long trip of over an hour I routinely got at least one total disconnect.
> >
> > So, I am led to conclude that there was something amiss between my
> > iPhone and the car's entertainment system that is not present in the
> > Transit or the new Accord. Almost certainly it was in the Insight's USB
> > connection somewhere, and the Transit experience strongly indicates
> > it was on the vehicle side.
> Yup, which is the same conclusion that the rest of us came to months ago.
>

> -hh

The clam engine had a false positive hit, and the CLI clamXav reported
what the engine which is not created by the same fools or company reported
it. But when the charts were produced, it turns out beyond any doubt,
Snot 'The Flooder' Snit was far more "obsessive" than Carroll.

Gee, imagine Snot 'The Flooder' Snit trying to pin his rubbish on me,
no one has ever seen that before <eyeroll>. The guy is as well liked as
a rattle snake in a lucky dip -- and with good reason. It's a poorly written
flyer. Snot 'The Flooder' Snit has already decided what he is going to
say before he calls. What you say is ignored. What Carroll says is beside
the point.

--
Eight things to never feed your cat
https://swisscows.com/web?query=Dustin%20Cook%20%22functionally%20illiterate%20fraud%22

Re: CarPlay, again

<srajub$rsr$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=9437&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#9437

From: nop...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2022 15:55:55 -0800
 by: Alan - Fri, 7 Jan 2022 23:55 UTC

On 2022-01-07 3:31 p.m., HHI wrote:
> On Thursday, January 6, 2022 at 5:54:44 AM UTC-7, -hh wrote:
>> On Wednesday, January 5, 2022 at 8:41:11 PM UTC-5, Thomas E. wrote:
>>> More on CarPlay issues with my 2019 Honda Insight. I think it's been solved.
>> Oh, so you went back to Android? /s
>>>
>>> Over the last 10 days I have had the opportunity to drive an almost
>>> new 2021 Ford Transit van for about 6-10 hours. It has wired CarPlay.
>>> CarPlay connected right up after I plugged in my iPhone SE2, but after
>>> two days the connection was lost. I had to delete the phone from the
>>> system and set it up again. But, other than that, it has been flawless.
>>> Unlike the Insight no dropped audio or un-commanded CarPlay system
>>> disconnects.
>> I've had occasional glitches where the easiest solution is to delete &
>> set back up as new ... maybe once every ~2 years. Think once or
>> twice it was shortly after a dealership service, so there probably was
>> a silent entertainment system upgrade going on.
>>>
>>> Also, I recently traded the Insight for a 2022 Accord Touring, Hybrid
>>> edition. It has wireless charging and CarPlay. No issues in the first 2 weeks.
>> That was quick. Guessing you got a decent trade-in price for the 2019
>> Insight due to the used car supply/demand pinch...although IIRC that
>> would have also been knocked down some by that traffic circle fender-bender.
>>
>> We've been kind of debating if to similarly do a quick vehicle flip because
>> of said market conditions, as our newest is coming up on 2 years old and
>> still has less than 3K miles on it thanks to CoVid-centric vast reductions in
>> driving, so presumably it would garner a good price...but probably not good
>> enough considering its very low mileage.
>>>
>>> The Insight system had an audio disconnect almost every time I drove it.
>>> On a long trip of over an hour I routinely got at least one total disconnect.
>>>
>>> So, I am led to conclude that there was something amiss between my
>>> iPhone and the car's entertainment system that is not present in the
>>> Transit or the new Accord. Almost certainly it was in the Insight's USB
>>> connection somewhere, and the Transit experience strongly indicates
>>> it was on the vehicle side.
>> Yup, which is the same conclusion that the rest of us came to months ago.
>>

>> -hh
>

> The clam engine had a false positive hit
Go away, Snit

Re: CarPlay, again

<srak23$1ag$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=9438&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#9438

Followup: comp.os.linux.advocacy
From: poth...@snakebite.com (pothead)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.os.linux.advocacy
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2022 23:57:55 -0000 (UTC)
 by: pothead - Fri, 7 Jan 2022 23:57 UTC

On 2022-01-07, Alan <nope@nope.com> wrote:
> On 2022-01-07 3:31 p.m., HHI wrote:
>>> Oh, so you went back to Android? /s

>>> I've had occasional glitches where the easiest solution is to delete &
>>> set back up as new ... maybe once every ~2 years. Think once or
>>> twice it was shortly after a dealership service, so there probably was
>>> a silent entertainment system upgrade going on.

>>> That was quick. Guessing you got a decent trade-in price for the 2019
>>> Insight due to the used car supply/demand pinch...although IIRC that
>>> would have also been knocked down some by that traffic circle fender-bender.
>>>
>>> We've been kind of debating if to similarly do a quick vehicle flip because
>>> of said market conditions, as our newest is coming up on 2 years old and
>>> still has less than 3K miles on it thanks to CoVid-centric vast reductions in
>>> driving, so presumably it would garner a good price...but probably not good
>>> enough considering its very low mileage.

>>> Yup, which is the same conclusion that the rest of us came to months ago.
>>>

>>> -hh
>>

>> The clam engine had a false positive hit
> Go away, Snit

Ditto.
He never will though.

--
pothead
Tommy Chong For President 2024

Re: CarPlay, again

<9b6c6b7d-edea-4a23-b2f6-2a85f3d924a4n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=9447&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#9447

Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2022 13:12:22 -0800 (PST)
From: thomas.e...@gmail.com (Thomas E.)
 by: Thomas E. - Sat, 8 Jan 2022 21:12 UTC

On Thursday, January 6, 2022 at 7:54:44 AM UTC-5, -hh wrote:
> On Wednesday, January 5, 2022 at 8:41:11 PM UTC-5, Thomas E. wrote:
> > More on CarPlay issues with my 2019 Honda Insight. I think it's been solved.
> Oh, so you went back to Android? /s
> >
> > Over the last 10 days I have had the opportunity to drive an almost
> > new 2021 Ford Transit van for about 6-10 hours. It has wired CarPlay.
> > CarPlay connected right up after I plugged in my iPhone SE2, but after
> > two days the connection was lost. I had to delete the phone from the
> > system and set it up again. But, other than that, it has been flawless.
> > Unlike the Insight no dropped audio or un-commanded CarPlay system
> > disconnects.
> I've had occasional glitches where the easiest solution is to delete &
> set back up as new ... maybe once every ~2 years. Think once or
> twice it was shortly after a dealership service, so there probably was
> a silent entertainment system upgrade going on.
> >
> > Also, I recently traded the Insight for a 2022 Accord Touring, Hybrid
> > edition. It has wireless charging and CarPlay. No issues in the first 2 weeks.
> That was quick. Guessing you got a decent trade-in price for the 2019
> Insight due to the used car supply/demand pinch...although IIRC that
> would have also been knocked down some by that traffic circle fender-bender.
>
> We've been kind of debating if to similarly do a quick vehicle flip because
> of said market conditions, as our newest is coming up on 2 years old and
> still has less than 3K miles on it thanks to CoVid-centric vast reductions in
> driving, so presumably it would garner a good price...but probably not good
> enough considering its very low mileage.
> >
> > The Insight system had an audio disconnect almost every time I drove it..
> > On a long trip of over an hour I routinely got at least one total disconnect.
> >
> > So, I am led to conclude that there was something amiss between my
> > iPhone and the car's entertainment system that is not present in the
> > Transit or the new Accord. Almost certainly it was in the Insight's USB
> > connection somewhere, and the Transit experience strongly indicates
> > it was on the vehicle side.
> Yup, which is the same conclusion that the rest of us came to months ago.
>

> -hh

You are correct about the trade value but wrong about the accident. The traffic circle incident was the CRV. The Insight was the t-bone, a $16,000 repair. I was very happy to take a $22.5k trade value for it given that it was $29k MSRP new and had 40,000 miles on it plus damage history. Some similar are priced at $27k on the used market and that's what the dealer is actually asking for mine. Not likely to get that though.

Link: https://www.indyhonda.com/used/Honda/2019-Honda-Insight-140ffb280a0e09a9358a179108ce7689.htm

It was an interesting trade process. I wanted the Touring version in red. My usual dealer told me that I would have to order that Accord hybrid in red to get it in February. I was also informed that there was a significant price increase coming. The sales department actually claimed that there were none for sale at all in the local area even though they might be listed online in new car inventory. So, I look at the local inventory, and found a red Accord Touring 20 miles away in Greenwood. Called the dealer and yes, it was for sale. I paid MSRP for it, not a penny more. I just had a feeling about what the salesperson told me.

About 6 months ago the Blue Book trade value on my car was under $20k!

As for CarPlay the cause was always uncertain because of the multitude of failure points and limited ability on my part to eliminate possibilities. The recent Transit and Accord experiences helped narrow it down considerably.

Re: CarPlay, again

<8008aefa-c44f-4a71-8b41-90d56ea36806n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=9448&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#9448

Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2022 13:13:55 -0800 (PST)
From: thomas.e...@gmail.com (Thomas E.)
 by: Thomas E. - Sat, 8 Jan 2022 21:13 UTC

On Wednesday, January 5, 2022 at 9:04:17 PM UTC-5, Alan wrote:
> On 2022-01-05 5:41 p.m., Thomas E. wrote:
> > More on CarPlay issues with my 2019 Honda Insight. I think it's been solved.
> >
> > Over the last 10 days I have had the opportunity to drive an almost new 2021 Ford Transit van for about 6-10 hours. It has wired CarPlay. CarPlay connected right up after I plugged in my iPhone SE2, but after two days the connection was lost. I had to delete the phone from the system and set it up again. But, other than that, it has been flawless. Unlike the Insight no dropped audio or un-commanded CarPlay system disconnects.
> >
> > Also, I recently traded the Insight for a 2022 Accord Touring, Hybrid edition. It has wireless charging and CarPlay. No issues in the first 2 weeks.
> >
> > The Insight system had an audio disconnect almost every time I drove it.. On a long trip of over an hour I routinely got at least one total disconnect.
> >
> > So, I am led to conclude that there was something amiss between my iPhone and the car's entertainment system that is not present in the Transit or the new Accord. Almost certainly it was in the Insight's USB connection somewhere, and the Transit experience strongly indicates it was on the vehicle side.
> The thing you repeatedly told us wasn't true when you insisted that it
> was Apple's CarPlay technology that was to blame.

I said that the CarPlay system (that includes both Honda and Apple) was problematic. I still think that is true.

Re: CarPlay, again

<14f5cf09-5cae-4d88-8ad9-a3ee4f434eb5n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=9449&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#9449

Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2022 13:15:28 -0800 (PST)
From: thomas.e...@gmail.com (Thomas E.)
 by: Thomas E. - Sat, 8 Jan 2022 21:15 UTC

On Wednesday, January 5, 2022 at 9:43:15 PM UTC-5, John wrote:
> On 1/5/2022 5:41 PM, Thomas E. wrote:
> > More on CarPlay issues with my 2019 Honda Insight. I think it's been solved.
> >
> > Over the last 10 days I have had the opportunity to drive an almost new 2021 Ford Transit van for about 6-10 hours. It has wired CarPlay. CarPlay connected right up after I plugged in my iPhone SE2, but after two days the connection was lost. I had to delete the phone from the system and set it up again. But, other than that, it has been flawless. Unlike the Insight no dropped audio or un-commanded CarPlay system disconnects.
> >
> > Also, I recently traded the Insight for a 2022 Accord Touring, Hybrid edition. It has wireless charging and CarPlay. No issues in the first 2 weeks.
> >
> > The Insight system had an audio disconnect almost every time I drove it.. On a long trip of over an hour I routinely got at least one total disconnect.
> >
> > So, I am led to conclude that there was something amiss between my iPhone and the car's entertainment system that is not present in the Transit or the new Accord. Almost certainly it was in the Insight's USB connection somewhere, and the Transit experience strongly indicates it was on the vehicle side.
> Always make sure your car has the up to date firmware/software for its
> entertainment system. Yes many car manufacturers do update.

It was updated, and very recently. Both Apple and Honda have issued updates over the last 6 months. Nothing improved, in fact the issues became a little worse.

Re: CarPlay, again

<09992eae-2b7e-450e-a2d0-a7a5015b02b1n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=9450&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#9450

Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2022 13:18:29 -0800 (PST)
From: thomas.e...@gmail.com (Thomas E.)
 by: Thomas E. - Sat, 8 Jan 2022 21:18 UTC

On Thursday, January 6, 2022 at 5:24:33 PM UTC-5, Alan wrote:
> On 2022-01-06 4:54 a.m., -hh wrote:
> > On Wednesday, January 5, 2022 at 8:41:11 PM UTC-5, Thomas E. wrote:
> >> More on CarPlay issues with my 2019 Honda Insight. I think it's been solved.
> >
> > Oh, so you went back to Android? /s
> >

> >> Over the last 10 days I have had the opportunity to drive an almost
> >> new 2021 Ford Transit van for about 6-10 hours. It has wired CarPlay.
> >> CarPlay connected right up after I plugged in my iPhone SE2, but after
> >> two days the connection was lost. I had to delete the phone from the
> >> system and set it up again. But, other than that, it has been flawless..
> >> Unlike the Insight no dropped audio or un-commanded CarPlay system
> >> disconnects.
> >
> > I've had occasional glitches where the easiest solution is to delete &
> > set back up as new ... maybe once every ~2 years. Think once or
> > twice it was shortly after a dealership service, so there probably was
> > a silent entertainment system upgrade going on.
> >

> >> Also, I recently traded the Insight for a 2022 Accord Touring, Hybrid
> >> edition. It has wireless charging and CarPlay. No issues in the first 2 weeks.
> >
> > That was quick. Guessing you got a decent trade-in price for the 2019
> > Insight due to the used car supply/demand pinch...although IIRC that
> > would have also been knocked down some by that traffic circle fender-bender.
> >
> > We've been kind of debating if to similarly do a quick vehicle flip because
> > of said market conditions, as our newest is coming up on 2 years old and
> > still has less than 3K miles on it thanks to CoVid-centric vast reductions in
> > driving, so presumably it would garner a good price...but probably not good
> > enough considering its very low mileage.
> >

> >> The Insight system had an audio disconnect almost every time I drove it.
> >> On a long trip of over an hour I routinely got at least one total disconnect.
> >>
> >> So, I am led to conclude that there was something amiss between my
> >> iPhone and the car's entertainment system that is not present in the
> >> Transit or the new Accord. Almost certainly it was in the Insight's USB
> >> connection somewhere, and the Transit experience strongly indicates
> >> it was on the vehicle side.
> >
> > Yup, which is the same conclusion that the rest of us came to months ago.
> >

> > -hh
> Precisely. Who am I quoting here:
>
> 'CarPlay issues should have been discovered. It’s a key iOS feature.

> HOW could Apple have missed the iPhone 13/iOS/CarPlay problems.'
>
> <https://groups.google.com/u/1/g/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/c/1e-mef9AORw/m/w4Jo4Ai0AgAJ>
>
> 'So, guess what Allan [sic] B?
>
> Car Play 15.0.2 has the following fix, and I quote:
>
> CarPlay may fail to open audio apps or disconnect during playback (iOS only)

> Alan, unfortunately 15.0.2 did not fix my CarPlay audio stoppage issue.'
>
> <https://groups.google.com/u/1/g/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/c/cXUYY6E_1lg/m/32-uvMofAQAJ>

Except the last, the cited quotes refer to widespread iOS/CarPlay issues, not just my car. Liar, Liar, pants on fire....

Re: CarPlay, again

<srd1l7$pc6$2@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=9451&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#9451

From: nop...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2022 14:02:15 -0800
 by: Alan - Sat, 8 Jan 2022 22:02 UTC

On 2022-01-08 1:12 p.m., Thomas E. wrote:
> [...]
> red. My usual dealer told me that I would have to order that Accord
> hybrid in red to get it in February. I was also informed that there
> was a significant price increase coming. The sales department
> actually claimed that there were none for sale at all in the local
> area even though they might be listed online in new car inventory.
> So, I look at the local inventory, and found a red Accord Touring 20
> miles away in Greenwood. Called the dealer and yes, it was for sale.
> I paid MSRP for it, not a penny more. I just had a feeling about what
> the salesperson told me.
>
> About 6 months ago the Blue Book trade value on my car was under
> $20k!
>
> As for CarPlay the cause was always uncertain because of the
> multitude of failure points and limited ability on my part to
> eliminate possibilities. The recent Transit and Accord experiences

And yet you repeatedly blamed Apple.

Re: CarPlay, again

<srd1m9$pc6$3@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=9452&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#9452

From: nop...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2022 14:02:49 -0800

On 2022-01-08 1:13 p.m., Thomas E. wrote:
> On Wednesday, January 5, 2022 at 9:04:17 PM UTC-5, Alan wrote:
>> On 2022-01-05 5:41 p.m., Thomas E. wrote:
>>> More on CarPlay issues with my 2019 Honda Insight. I think it's been solved.
>>>
>>> Over the last 10 days I have had the opportunity to drive an almost new 2021 Ford Transit van for about 6-10 hours. It has wired CarPlay. CarPlay connected right up after I plugged in my iPhone SE2, but after two days the connection was lost. I had to delete the phone from the system and set it up again. But, other than that, it has been flawless. Unlike the Insight no dropped audio or un-commanded CarPlay system disconnects.
>>>
>>> Also, I recently traded the Insight for a 2022 Accord Touring, Hybrid edition. It has wireless charging and CarPlay. No issues in the first 2 weeks.
>>>
>>> The Insight system had an audio disconnect almost every time I drove it. On a long trip of over an hour I routinely got at least one total disconnect.
>>>
>>> So, I am led to conclude that there was something amiss between my iPhone and the car's entertainment system that is not present in the Transit or the new Accord. Almost certainly it was in the Insight's USB connection somewhere, and the Transit experience strongly indicates it was on the vehicle side.
>> The thing you repeatedly told us wasn't true when you insisted that it
>> was Apple's CarPlay technology that was to blame.
>
> I said that the CarPlay system (that includes both Honda and Apple) was problematic. I still think that is true.

No.

You said the problem was with Apple's software.

Re: CarPlay, again

<srd1na$pc6$4@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=9453&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#9453

From: nop...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2022 14:03:21 -0800
 by: Alan - Sat, 8 Jan 2022 22:03 UTC

On 2022-01-08 1:18 p.m., Thomas E. wrote:
> On Thursday, January 6, 2022 at 5:24:33 PM UTC-5, Alan wrote:
>>>
>>> Oh, so you went back to Android? /s

>>> I've had occasional glitches where the easiest solution is to delete &
>>> set back up as new ... maybe once every ~2 years. Think once or
>>> twice it was shortly after a dealership service, so there probably was
>>> a silent entertainment system upgrade going on.

>>> That was quick. Guessing you got a decent trade-in price for the 2019
>>> Insight due to the used car supply/demand pinch...although IIRC that
>>> would have also been knocked down some by that traffic circle fender-bender.
>>>
>>> We've been kind of debating if to similarly do a quick vehicle flip because
>>> of said market conditions, as our newest is coming up on 2 years old and
>>> still has less than 3K miles on it thanks to CoVid-centric vast reductions in
>>> driving, so presumably it would garner a good price...but probably not good
>>> enough considering its very low mileage.

>>> Yup, which is the same conclusion that the rest of us came to months ago.
>>>

>>> -hh
>> Precisely. Who am I quoting here:
>>
>> 'CarPlay issues should have been discovered. It’s a key iOS feature.

>> HOW could Apple have missed the iPhone 13/iOS/CarPlay problems.'
>>
>> <https://groups.google.com/u/1/g/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/c/1e-mef9AORw/m/w4Jo4Ai0AgAJ>
>>
>> 'So, guess what Allan [sic] B?
>>
>> Car Play 15.0.2 has the following fix, and I quote:
>>
>> CarPlay may fail to open audio apps or disconnect during playback (iOS only)

>> Alan, unfortunately 15.0.2 did not fix my CarPlay audio stoppage issue.'
>>
>> <https://groups.google.com/u/1/g/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/c/cXUYY6E_1lg/m/32-uvMofAQAJ>
>
> Except the last, the cited quotes refer to widespread iOS/CarPlay issues, not just my car. Liar, Liar, pants on fire....

Except you presented them as proof that the problem was Apple.

Re: CarPlay, again

<5e87f36b-1d81-4f29-a392-61f0e37c789fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=9455&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#9455

Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2022 17:47:37 -0800 (PST)
From: thomas.e...@gmail.com (Thomas E.)
 by: Thomas E. - Sun, 9 Jan 2022 01:47 UTC

On Saturday, January 8, 2022 at 5:02:17 PM UTC-5, Alan wrote:
> On 2022-01-08 1:12 p.m., Thomas E. wrote:
> > On Thursday, January 6, 2022 at 7:54:44 AM UTC-5, -hh wrote:
> >> Oh, so you went back to Android? /s

> >> I've had occasional glitches where the easiest solution is to
> >> delete & set back up as new ... maybe once every ~2 years. Think
> >> once or twice it was shortly after a dealership service, so there
> >> probably was a silent entertainment system upgrade going on.

> >> That was quick. Guessing you got a decent trade-in price for the
> >> 2019 Insight due to the used car supply/demand pinch...although
> >> IIRC that would have also been knocked down some by that traffic
> >> circle fender-bender.
> >>
> >> We've been kind of debating if to similarly do a quick vehicle flip
> >> because of said market conditions, as our newest is coming up on 2
> >> years old and still has less than 3K miles on it thanks to
> >> CoVid-centric vast reductions in driving, so presumably it would
> >> garner a good price...but probably not good enough considering its
> >> very low mileage.

> >> Yup, which is the same conclusion that the rest of us came to
> >> months ago.
> >>

> >> -hh
> >
> > You are correct about the trade value but wrong about the accident.
> > The traffic circle incident was the CRV. The Insight was the t-bone,
> > a $16,000 repair. I was very happy to take a $22.5k trade value for
> > it given that it was $29k MSRP new and had 40,000 miles on it plus
> > damage history. Some similar are priced at $27k on the used market
> > and that's what the dealer is actually asking for mine. Not likely to
> > get that though.
> >
> > Link:
> > https://www.indyhonda.com/used/Honda/2019-Honda-Insight-140ffb280a0e09a9358a179108ce7689.htm
> >
> > It was an interesting trade process. I wanted the Touring version in
> > red. My usual dealer told me that I would have to order that Accord
> > hybrid in red to get it in February. I was also informed that there
> > was a significant price increase coming. The sales department
> > actually claimed that there were none for sale at all in the local
> > area even though they might be listed online in new car inventory.
> > So, I look at the local inventory, and found a red Accord Touring 20
> > miles away in Greenwood. Called the dealer and yes, it was for sale.
> > I paid MSRP for it, not a penny more. I just had a feeling about what
> > the salesperson told me.
> >
> > About 6 months ago the Blue Book trade value on my car was under
> > $20k!
> >
> > As for CarPlay the cause was always uncertain because of the
> > multitude of failure points and limited ability on my part to
> > eliminate possibilities. The recent Transit and Accord experiences
> > helped narrow it down considerably.
> And yet you repeatedly blamed Apple.

Not true Liarboy

A quote from a discussion I started:

"The Insight's Car Play system continues to be problematic. That despite an over-the-air Honda software update that arrived last week and several recent iOS updates. I had a chance to drive my sister's Accord last week while we were in Asheville with her and my brother-in-law. It has similar Car Play issues. The wife's CRV with it's Pioneer replacement radio has a few minor issues, but different from the OEM system. The Insight is still having a few random system disconnects dropped audio on Pandora and IHeartRadio. So, bottom line, Honda has issues."

What does the last sentence say?

Re: CarPlay, again

<43e7e413-cf87-49a5-8db8-99f69f894756n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=9456&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#9456

Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2022 17:50:46 -0800 (PST)
From: thomas.e...@gmail.com (Thomas E.)
 by: Thomas E. - Sun, 9 Jan 2022 01:50 UTC

On Saturday, January 8, 2022 at 5:03:24 PM UTC-5, Alan wrote:
> On 2022-01-08 1:18 p.m., Thomas E. wrote:

> >> Precisely. Who am I quoting here:
> >>
> >> 'CarPlay issues should have been discovered. It’s a key iOS feature.

> >> HOW could Apple have missed the iPhone 13/iOS/CarPlay problems.'
> >>
> >> <https://groups.google.com/u/1/g/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/c/1e-mef9AORw/m/w4Jo4Ai0AgAJ>
> >>
> >> 'So, guess what Allan [sic] B?
> >>
> >> Car Play 15.0.2 has the following fix, and I quote:
> >>
> >> CarPlay may fail to open audio apps or disconnect during playback (iOS only)

> >> Alan, unfortunately 15.0.2 did not fix my CarPlay audio stoppage issue..'
> >>
> >> <https://groups.google.com/u/1/g/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/c/cXUYY6E_1lg/m/32-uvMofAQAJ>
> >
> > Except the last, the cited quotes refer to widespread iOS/CarPlay issues, not just my car. Liar, Liar, pants on fire....
> Except you presented them as proof that the problem was Apple.

Another quote from me:

Jan 11, 2021, 8:36:22 PM
New day, new data, new thread.

"So, fans, someone who actually knows something (as compared to calling people liars) referred me to this site:
https://www.gen3insight.com/threads/infotainment-issues-crash-restart-blank..
I'm getting exactly the same issues on iOS and Android. Cable connection versus wireless also does not matter, same issues.
Back to the dealer on Friday with a printout of all 7 pages from this site. It's about 1/2 inch of paper.
It can be fixed. Some of the posts on this group are from owners with few or no problems."

Where is Apple blamed here?

Re: CarPlay, again

<6eb6de1d-2229-45cb-9b5b-5b50863b61d0n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=9457&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#9457

Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2022 17:57:54 -0800 (PST)
From: thomas.e...@gmail.com (Thomas E.)
 by: Thomas E. - Sun, 9 Jan 2022 01:57 UTC

On Saturday, January 8, 2022 at 5:02:51 PM UTC-5, Alan wrote:
> On 2022-01-08 1:13 p.m., Thomas E. wrote:

> >> The thing you repeatedly told us wasn't true when you insisted that it
> >> was Apple's CarPlay technology that was to blame.
> >
> > I said that the CarPlay system (that includes both Honda and Apple) was problematic. I still think that is true.
> No.
>
> You said the problem was with Apple's software.

So here I blame iOS 14 and Apple, but was far from the only one with issues.. But I also mention that a 14.1 update improved the problem.

"Car Play was hosed. The Honda entertainment system either rebooted or froze up at random about every 30 minutes. Google Maps on Car Play would freeze after a few minutes. Pandora on Car Play quit repeatedly, the app icon disappeared off the home page, and a phone reboot was required to bring it back. After a phone call the audio for everything was coming out the front center speaker only. I'm not the only one with issues: https://www.reddit.com/r/CarPlay/comments/ivjur5/carplay_ios_14_issues_with_honda/"

"After the iOS .1 update, some app updates, cold rebooting the entertainment system 2x by disconnecting the 12 v battery, and even a new sync cable, it seems to be working better."

Only in your twisted mind did I always blame Apple.

Re: CarPlay, again

<f7872154-ec79-401c-827f-836bc4fde3e6n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=9462&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#9462

Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2022 08:10:45 -0800 (PST)
From: frelwiz...@gmail.com (Steve Carroll)
 by: Steve Carroll - Sun, 9 Jan 2022 16:10 UTC

On Saturday, January 8, 2022 at 6:50:48 PM UTC-7, Thomas E. wrote:
> On Saturday, January 8, 2022 at 5:03:24 PM UTC-5, Alan wrote:

> > > Except the last, the cited quotes refer to widespread iOS/CarPlay issues, not just my car. Liar, Liar, pants on fire....
> > Except you presented them as proof that the problem was Apple.
> Another quote from me:
>
> Jan 11, 2021, 8:36:22 PM
> New day, new data, new thread.
>
> "So, fans, someone who actually knows something (as compared to calling people liars) referred me to this site:
> https://www.gen3insight.com/threads/infotainment-issues-crash-restart-blank.
> I'm getting exactly the same issues on iOS and Android. Cable connection versus wireless also does not matter, same issues.
> Back to the dealer on Friday with a printout of all 7 pages from this site. It's about 1/2 inch of paper.
> It can be fixed. Some of the posts on this group are from owners with few or no problems."
>
> Where is Apple blamed here?

I'm not raging, in fact I am laughing at him because Jeff 'Super Troll'
Relf.Me's lying is so obvious. He purposefully did not speak of all the
benchmarks that he would quickly focus on... and we all know why. At
least he has his shills rushing to his rescue. It was Jeff 'Super Troll'
Relf.Me who stated that he and his students used to trespass all the
time and it was arousing.

At times, fiction is more valuable than reality. Pull up a consumer
report on Jeff 'Super Troll' Relf.Me and you will get proof that he was
in the slammer last year. The sites can not go into that extent of detail
and court records from his jurisdiction have to be court ordered.

Too much glue for you, Jeff 'Super Troll' Relf.Me.

--
What Every Entrepreneur Must Know!
https://ftp.cdc.gov/pub/health_Statistics/nchs/Software/mmds/2009/spell/mmds_spell.txt

Re: CarPlay, again

<srfj3h$ac0$2@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=9468&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#9468

From: nop...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2022 13:12:17 -0800
 by: Alan - Sun, 9 Jan 2022 21:12 UTC

On 2022-01-08 5:47 p.m., Thomas E. wrote:
> On Saturday, January 8, 2022 at 5:02:17 PM UTC-5, Alan wrote:

>>> You are correct about the trade value but wrong about the accident.
>>> The traffic circle incident was the CRV. The Insight was the t-bone,
>>> a $16,000 repair. I was very happy to take a $22.5k trade value for
>>> it given that it was $29k MSRP new and had 40,000 miles on it plus
>>> damage history. Some similar are priced at $27k on the used market
>>> and that's what the dealer is actually asking for mine. Not likely to
>>> get that though.
>>>
>>> Link:
>>> https://www.indyhonda.com/used/Honda/2019-Honda-Insight-140ffb280a0e09a9358a179108ce7689.htm
>>>
>>> It was an interesting trade process. I wanted the Touring version in
>>> red. My usual dealer told me that I would have to order that Accord
>>> hybrid in red to get it in February. I was also informed that there
>>> was a significant price increase coming. The sales department
>>> actually claimed that there were none for sale at all in the local
>>> area even though they might be listed online in new car inventory.
>>> So, I look at the local inventory, and found a red Accord Touring 20
>>> miles away in Greenwood. Called the dealer and yes, it was for sale.
>>> I paid MSRP for it, not a penny more. I just had a feeling about what
>>> the salesperson told me.
>>>
>>> About 6 months ago the Blue Book trade value on my car was under
>>> $20k!
>>>
>>> As for CarPlay the cause was always uncertain because of the
>>> multitude of failure points and limited ability on my part to
>>> eliminate possibilities. The recent Transit and Accord experiences
>>> helped narrow it down considerably.
>> And yet you repeatedly blamed Apple.
>
> Not true Liarboy
>
> A quote from a discussion I started:
>
> "The Insight's Car Play system continues to be problematic. That despite an over-the-air Honda software update that arrived last week and several recent iOS updates. I had a chance to drive my sister's Accord last week while we were in Asheville with her and my brother-in-law. It has similar Car Play issues. The wife's CRV with it's Pioneer replacement radio has a few minor issues, but different from the OEM system. The Insight is still having a few random system disconnects dropped audio on Pandora and IHeartRadio. So, bottom line, Honda has issues."
>
> What does the last sentence say?

When did you start that discussion?

Oh! May 11!

Tell me: was that your most recent comment prior to this thread? No?

Re: CarPlay, again

<srfj4f$ac0$3@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=9469&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#9469

From: nop...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2022 13:12:47 -0800

On 2022-01-08 5:50 p.m., Thomas E. wrote:
> On Saturday, January 8, 2022 at 5:03:24 PM UTC-5, Alan wrote:

>>> Except the last, the cited quotes refer to widespread iOS/CarPlay issues, not just my car. Liar, Liar, pants on fire....
>> Except you presented them as proof that the problem was Apple.
>
> Another quote from me:
>
> Jan 11, 2021, 8:36:22 PM
> New day, new data, new thread.
>
> "So, fans, someone who actually knows something (as compared to calling people liars) referred me to this site:
> https://www.gen3insight.com/threads/infotainment-issues-crash-restart-blank.
> I'm getting exactly the same issues on iOS and Android. Cable connection versus wireless also does not matter, same issues.
> Back to the dealer on Friday with a printout of all 7 pages from this site. It's about 1/2 inch of paper.
> It can be fixed. Some of the posts on this group are from owners with few or no problems."
>
> Where is Apple blamed here?

"Jan 11"

So? That CLEARLY wasn't a recent comment, was it?

Re: CarPlay, again

<srfj6s$ac0$4@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=9470&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#9470

From: nop...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2022 13:14:04 -0800
 by: Alan - Sun, 9 Jan 2022 21:14 UTC

On 2022-01-08 5:57 p.m., Thomas E. wrote:
> On Saturday, January 8, 2022 at 5:02:51 PM UTC-5, Alan wrote:

>>> I said that the CarPlay system (that includes both Honda and
>>> Apple) was problematic. I still think that is true.
>> No.
>>
>> You said the problem was with Apple's software.
>
> So here I blame iOS 14 and Apple, but was far from the only one with
> issues. But I also mention that a 14.1 update improved the problem.

Nevertheless, YOU blamed Apple.

And much more recently than the two posts you made which didn't assign
blame exclusively.

Re: CarPlay, again

<619bd13b-b967-4ca8-ae23-2d7a274abe6fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=9483&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#9483

Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2022 14:59:50 -0800 (PST)
From: thomas.e...@gmail.com (Thomas E.)
 by: Thomas E. - Mon, 10 Jan 2022 22:59 UTC

On Sunday, January 9, 2022 at 4:14:06 PM UTC-5, Alan wrote:
> On 2022-01-08 5:57 p.m., Thomas E. wrote:

> >> No.
> >>
> >> You said the problem was with Apple's software.
> >
> > So here I blame iOS 14 and Apple, but was far from the only one with
> > issues. But I also mention that a 14.1 update improved the problem.
> Nevertheless, YOU blamed Apple.
>
> And much more recently than the two posts you made which didn't assign
> blame exclusively.

Bottom line Liarboy: I presented a balanced view that blamed both Honda and Apple.

Re: CarPlay, again

<srieq7$1p4u$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=9485&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#9485

From: nop...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2022 15:17:27 -0800
 by: Alan - Mon, 10 Jan 2022 23:17 UTC

On 2022-01-10 2:59 p.m., Thomas E. wrote:
> On Sunday, January 9, 2022 at 4:14:06 PM UTC-5, Alan wrote:

>>> So here I blame iOS 14 and Apple, but was far from the only one with
>>> issues. But I also mention that a 14.1 update improved the problem.
>> Nevertheless, YOU blamed Apple.
>>
>> And much more recently than the two posts you made which didn't assign
>> blame exclusively.
>
> Bottom line Liarboy: I presented a balanced view that blamed both Honda and Apple.

Bottom line: you started out with something like a balanced view...

....and then by the end had declared it an Apple problem.

Re: CarPlay, again

<edc1b026-35cd-4c40-a408-1cc35a580b0fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=9506&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#9506

Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2022 15:18:16 -0800 (PST)
From: thomas.e...@gmail.com (Thomas E.)
 by: Thomas E. - Thu, 13 Jan 2022 23:18 UTC

On Monday, January 10, 2022 at 6:17:29 PM UTC-5, Alan wrote:
> On 2022-01-10 2:59 p.m., Thomas E. wrote:

> >> Nevertheless, YOU blamed Apple.
> >>
> >> And much more recently than the two posts you made which didn't assign
> >> blame exclusively.
> >
> > Bottom line Liarboy: I presented a balanced view that blamed both Honda and Apple.
> Bottom line: you started out with something like a balanced view...
>
> ...and then by the end had declared it an Apple problem.

No Alan, many those posts cited 3rd party sourced issues with iOS 15 and CarPlay connections. Those issues were not my personal opinions or experience..

BTW, once started CarPlay has yet to fail on the Transit or the new Accord. Yesterday I did for the first time see CarPlay not connect on startup in the Accord. Powered down and back up and all was well. The borrowed Transit is going back to its assigned home tomorrow.