Rocksolid Light

Welcome to novaBBS (click a section below)

mail  files  register  nodelist  faq  login

ASCII a stupid question, you get an EBCDIC answer.


computers / comp.mail.mutt / Re: Store Mails in External Disk

SubjectAuthor
* Store Mails in External DiskJaydip C
`* Re: Store Mails in External DiskChris Green
 `* Re: Store Mails in External DiskJaydip C
  +* Re: Store Mails in External DiskChris Green
  |`* Re: Store Mails in External DiskJaydip C
  | `* Re: Store Mails in External DiskChris Green
  |  `* Re: Store Mails in External DiskJaydip C
  |   `* Re: Store Mails in External DiskChris Green
  |    `* Re: Store Mails in External DiskJaydip C
  |     `* Re: Store Mails in External DiskChris Green
  |      `- Re: Store Mails in External DiskJaydip C
  `* Re: Store Mails in External DiskKeith Thompson
   `- Re: Store Mails in External DiskJaydip C

1
Subject: Store Mails in External Disk
From: Jaydip C
Newsgroups: comp.mail.mutt
Organization: Aioe.org NNTP Server
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2021 12:57 UTC
Path: i2pn2.org!i2pn.org!aioe.org!4Ci6/lNvQqYJtfCMScv+oQ.user.46.165.242.75.POSTED!not-for-mail
From: chalao.a...@gmail.com (Jaydip C)
Newsgroups: comp.mail.mutt
Subject: Store Mails in External Disk
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2021 18:27:29 +0530
Organization: Aioe.org NNTP Server
Message-ID: <sdovrv$ab0$1@gioia.aioe.org>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Injection-Info: gioia.aioe.org; logging-data="10592"; posting-host="4Ci6/lNvQqYJtfCMScv+oQ.user.gioia.aioe.org"; mail-complaints-to="abuse@aioe.org";
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:78.0) Gecko/20100101
Thunderbird/78.12.0
Content-Language: en-US
X-Mozilla-News-Host: news://nntp.aioe.org:119
X-Notice: Filtered by postfilter v. 0.9.2
View all headers
Hi,

I have installed Neomutt on Arch Linux using Luke Smith's Mutt-Wizard. It's working fine. I am storing all my emails in my local laptop's ~/.config/mutt/accounts folder which is mentioned in my .muttrc file. But I have thousands of emails. And very soon there will be some space problem. So I wanted to change the location of storing the mails. I intend to store them on an external hard disk. But when I write the location of external disk in my .muttrc, Neomutt gives me error as "Cannot execute .muttrc file".
Is there any way to config this?
Please  help.

Thanks.


Subject: Re: Store Mails in External Disk
From: Chris Green
Newsgroups: comp.mail.mutt
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2021 14:19 UTC
References: 1
Path: i2pn2.org!i2pn.org!news.swapon.de!fu-berlin.de!uni-berlin.de!individual.net!not-for-mail
From: cl...@isbd.net (Chris Green)
Newsgroups: comp.mail.mutt
Subject: Re: Store Mails in External Disk
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2021 15:19:42 +0100
Lines: 26
Message-ID: <u8h5th-lgb5.ln1@esprimo.zbmc.eu>
References: <sdovrv$ab0$1@gioia.aioe.org>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
X-Trace: individual.net u6Ht0SDeqyad5cUUqRV+jw3DHUEA3/TTavwQe0Ftj46PEnhQ8=
X-Orig-Path: not-for-mail
Cancel-Lock: sha1:iPNUdnqVJ6aavkQ/W7EtjtzE3q8=
User-Agent: tin/2.4.5-20201224 ("Glen Albyn") (Linux/5.11.0-22-generic (x86_64))
View all headers
Jaydip C <chalao.adda@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

I have installed Neomutt on Arch Linux using Luke Smith's Mutt-Wizard.
It's working fine. I am storing all my emails in my local laptop's
~/.config/mutt/accounts folder which is mentioned in my .muttrc file.
But I have thousands of emails. And very soon there will be some space
problem. So I wanted to change the location of storing the mails. I
intend to store them on an external hard disk. But when I write the
location of external disk in my .muttrc, Neomutt gives me error as
"Cannot execute .muttrc file".
Is there any way to config this?
Please  help.

I think you must have some sort of misconfiguration of where things
are. It should be quite easy to do what you want.

What hve you actually put in your .muttrc file?  You could post the
whole thing here, less passwords and anything else private of course.

This newsgroup is pretty quiet by the way, the mutt mailing list is
much more active.

--
Chris Green
·


Subject: Re: Store Mails in External Disk
From: Jaydip C
Newsgroups: comp.mail.mutt
Organization: Aioe.org NNTP Server
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2021 17:22 UTC
References: 1 2
Path: i2pn2.org!i2pn.org!aioe.org!4Ci6/lNvQqYJtfCMScv+oQ.user.46.165.242.75.POSTED!not-for-mail
From: chalao.a...@gmail.com (Jaydip C)
Newsgroups: comp.mail.mutt
Subject: Re: Store Mails in External Disk
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2021 22:52:22 +0530
Organization: Aioe.org NNTP Server
Message-ID: <sdpfcf$78j$1@gioia.aioe.org>
References: <sdovrv$ab0$1@gioia.aioe.org> <u8h5th-lgb5.ln1@esprimo.zbmc.eu>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Injection-Info: gioia.aioe.org; logging-data="7443"; posting-host="4Ci6/lNvQqYJtfCMScv+oQ.user.gioia.aioe.org"; mail-complaints-to="abuse@aioe.org";
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:78.0) Gecko/20100101
Thunderbird/78.12.0
X-Notice: Filtered by postfilter v. 0.9.2
Content-Language: en-US
View all headers
On 27/07/21 7:49 pm, Chris Green wrote:
Jaydip C <chalao.adda@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

I have installed Neomutt on Arch Linux using Luke Smith's Mutt-Wizard.
It's working fine. I am storing all my emails in my local laptop's
~/.config/mutt/accounts folder which is mentioned in my .muttrc file.
But I have thousands of emails. And very soon there will be some space
problem. So I wanted to change the location of storing the mails. I
intend to store them on an external hard disk. But when I write the
location of external disk in my .muttrc, Neomutt gives me error as
"Cannot execute .muttrc file".
Is there any way to config this?
Please  help.

I think you must have some sort of misconfiguration of where things
are. It should be quite easy to do what you want.

What hve you actually put in your .muttrc file?  You could post the
whole thing here, less passwords and anything else private of course.

This newsgroup is pretty quiet by the way, the mutt mailing list is
much more active.


Thanks for your reply.
I have some cloud drives, like Google, NextCloud, Mega etc. I configured Rclone to automount them in home directory. I created a directory "Mutt" in my "NextCloud" directory.
Now in my gmx muttrc, which is sourced from original ~/.config/mutt/muttrc, in place of 'set folder = "~/.local/share/mail/joy_deep@gmx.com"', I put 'set folder = "~/NextCloud/Mutt/joy_deep@gmx.com"'. But then when I started Neomutt, it says, "Cannot source joy_deep@gmx.com.muttrc from muttrc". Then it asked if it should create the necessary directories. When I typed "Yes", it created all the mailboxes except Inbox. And I cannot see any emails in any mail folders.
I know I am missing something.

Also how do I access mutt mailing list?

Thanks again.



Subject: Re: Store Mails in External Disk
From: Chris Green
Newsgroups: comp.mail.mutt
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2021 18:17 UTC
References: 1 2 3
Path: i2pn2.org!i2pn.org!news.swapon.de!fu-berlin.de!uni-berlin.de!individual.net!not-for-mail
From: cl...@isbd.net (Chris Green)
Newsgroups: comp.mail.mutt
Subject: Re: Store Mails in External Disk
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2021 19:17:02 +0100
Lines: 59
Message-ID: <u5v5th-au56.ln1@esprimo.zbmc.eu>
References: <sdovrv$ab0$1@gioia.aioe.org> <u8h5th-lgb5.ln1@esprimo.zbmc.eu> <sdpfcf$78j$1@gioia.aioe.org>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
X-Trace: individual.net xBe6qbSoQex/LKkIwWKLgA5HJc4pvRab/6tUd6KDozipr+m/s=
X-Orig-Path: not-for-mail
Cancel-Lock: sha1:v/nJYfoPCFUIPiAo/bZ+YcoX1es=
User-Agent: tin/2.4.5-20201224 ("Glen Albyn") (Linux/5.11.0-22-generic (x86_64))
View all headers
Jaydip C <chalao.adda@gmail.com> wrote:
On 27/07/21 7:49 pm, Chris Green wrote:
Jaydip C <chalao.adda@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

I have installed Neomutt on Arch Linux using Luke Smith's Mutt-Wizard.
It's working fine. I am storing all my emails in my local laptop's
~/.config/mutt/accounts folder which is mentioned in my .muttrc file.
But I have thousands of emails. And very soon there will be some space
problem. So I wanted to change the location of storing the mails. I
intend to store them on an external hard disk. But when I write the
location of external disk in my .muttrc, Neomutt gives me error as
"Cannot execute .muttrc file".
Is there any way to config this?
Please  help.

I think you must have some sort of misconfiguration of where things
are. It should be quite easy to do what you want.

What hve you actually put in your .muttrc file?  You could post the
whole thing here, less passwords and anything else private of course.

This newsgroup is pretty quiet by the way, the mutt mailing list is
much more active.


Thanks for your reply.
I have some cloud drives, like Google, NextCloud, Mega etc. I configured
Rclone to automount them in home directory. I created a directory "Mutt"
in my "NextCloud" directory.
Now in my gmx muttrc, which is sourced from original
~/.config/mutt/muttrc, in place of 'set folder =
"~/.local/share/mail/joy_deep@gmx.com"', I put 'set folder =
"~/NextCloud/Mutt/joy_deep@gmx.com"'. But then when I started Neomutt,
it says, "Cannot source joy_deep@gmx.com.muttrc from muttrc". Then it

That says to me that, for whatever reason, the file either doesn't exist or
isn't visible to mutt.  If you exit mutt and do:-
    ls -l ~/NextCloud/Mutt/joy_deep@gmx.comk

what do you see?  I wonder if the @ in the file name is causing the
problem?


asked if it should create the necessary directories. When I typed "Yes",
it created all the mailboxes except Inbox. And I cannot see any emails
in any mail folders.
I know I am missing something.

Also how do I access mutt mailing list?


Go to mutt.org and scroll down to the link for 'Mailing Lists', on the
page that takes you to there are links to subscribe, etc.  You want
the mutt_users mailing list.

--
Chris Green
·


Subject: Re: Store Mails in External Disk
From: Keith Thompson
Newsgroups: comp.mail.mutt
Organization: None to speak of
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2021 21:21 UTC
References: 1 2 3
Path: i2pn2.org!i2pn.org!eternal-september.org!reader02.eternal-september.org!.POSTED!not-for-mail
From: Keith.S....@gmail.com (Keith Thompson)
Newsgroups: comp.mail.mutt
Subject: Re: Store Mails in External Disk
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2021 14:21:21 -0700
Organization: None to speak of
Lines: 80
Message-ID: <875ywvihbi.fsf@nosuchdomain.example.com>
References: <sdovrv$ab0$1@gioia.aioe.org> <u8h5th-lgb5.ln1@esprimo.zbmc.eu>
<sdpfcf$78j$1@gioia.aioe.org>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain
Injection-Info: reader02.eternal-september.org; posting-host="a7fd05aa44f85d437cfb30de78c75b84";
logging-data="30319"; mail-complaints-to="abuse@eternal-september.org"; posting-account="U2FsdGVkX1+D0XupPYWx6dd8SFMMI14d"
User-Agent: Gnus/5.13 (Gnus v5.13) Emacs/27.2 (gnu/linux)
Cancel-Lock: sha1:qzVWGQXqYVaGkgegF168iejfMJ0=
sha1:NYsU3mCmP50sK7eMEaUMHPEe+x4=
View all headers
Jaydip C <chalao.adda@gmail.com> writes:
On 27/07/21 7:49 pm, Chris Green wrote:
Jaydip C <chalao.adda@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

I have installed Neomutt on Arch Linux using Luke Smith's Mutt-Wizard.
It's working fine. I am storing all my emails in my local laptop's
~/.config/mutt/accounts folder which is mentioned in my .muttrc file.
But I have thousands of emails. And very soon there will be some space
problem. So I wanted to change the location of storing the mails. I
intend to store them on an external hard disk. But when I write the
location of external disk in my .muttrc, Neomutt gives me error as
"Cannot execute .muttrc file".
Is there any way to config this?
Please  help.

I think you must have some sort of misconfiguration of where things
are. It should be quite easy to do what you want.
What hve you actually put in your .muttrc file?  You could post the
whole thing here, less passwords and anything else private of course.
This newsgroup is pretty quiet by the way, the mutt mailing list is
much more active.


Thanks for your reply.
I have some cloud drives, like Google, NextCloud, Mega etc. I
configured Rclone to automount them in home directory. I created a
directory "Mutt" in my "NextCloud" directory.
Now in my gmx muttrc, which is sourced from original
~/.config/mutt/muttrc, in place of 'set folder =
"~/.local/share/mail/joy_deep@gmx.com"', I put 'set folder =
"~/NextCloud/Mutt/joy_deep@gmx.com"'. But then when I started Neomutt,
it says, "Cannot source joy_deep@gmx.com.muttrc from muttrc". Then it
asked if it should create the necessary directories. When I typed
"Yes", it created all the mailboxes except Inbox. And I cannot see any
emails in any mail folders.
I know I am missing something.

Your excerpts from your .muttrc file are line-wrapped, which makes it
difficult to tell exactly what you really have in the file.  And you've
shown us only the excerpts that you assume are relevant -- but as you
say, you don't know what the problem is.

If you don't want to share your .muttrc file (and anything it sources),
perhaps you can reduce it to a smaller version that reproduces the
problem and show us that.

As Chris Green suggested, the first thing to do is to verify that you
can access ~/NextCloud/Mutt/joy_deep@gmx.com from your shell:

    ls -l ~/NextCloud/Mutt/joy_deep@gmx.com

If there's a problem with that file, I'd expect a more specific error
message than "Cannot source ..." from mutt.  You apparently have a
"source" command in your .muttrc.  Mutt isn't complaining about
    ~/NextCloud/Mutt/joy_deep@gmx.com
It's complaining about
    joy_deep@gmx.com.muttrc
My guess is that you have a syntax error somwhere in your .muttrc or in
something it refers to.

The string "Cannot source" does not occur anywhere in the current
neomutt source code, and there are no occurrences of "Cannot" that are
not followed by something other than "source".  In other words, I don't
see how neomutt could have produced that message.  Are you sure that's
*exactly* what it printed?  If you want to show us an error message,
copy-and-paste it, don't re-type it.

I presume that your ~/NextCloud directory is actually a separate file
system.  If it's not, if it's just synchronized with NextCloud, then
it's going to take up just as much space on your local file system.

Another solution would be to leave your .muttrc alone and make the
folder directory a symbolic link.  But that's not going to help with the
problem you're reporting.

--
Keith Thompson (The_Other_Keith) Keith.S.Thompson+u@gmail.com
Working, but not speaking, for Philips
void Void(void) { Void(); } /* The recursive call of the void */


Subject: Re: Store Mails in External Disk
From: Jaydip C
Newsgroups: comp.mail.mutt
Organization: A noiseless patient Spider
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2021 06:27 UTC
References: 1 2 3 4
Path: i2pn2.org!i2pn.org!eternal-september.org!reader02.eternal-september.org!.POSTED!not-for-mail
From: chalao.a...@gmail.com (Jaydip C)
Newsgroups: comp.mail.mutt
Subject: Re: Store Mails in External Disk
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2021 06:27:53 -0000 (UTC)
Organization: A noiseless patient Spider
Lines: 70
Message-ID: <sdqtd9$3tp$1@dont-email.me>
References: <sdovrv$ab0$1@gioia.aioe.org> <u8h5th-lgb5.ln1@esprimo.zbmc.eu>
<sdpfcf$78j$1@gioia.aioe.org> <u5v5th-au56.ln1@esprimo.zbmc.eu>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
Injection-Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2021 06:27:53 -0000 (UTC)
Injection-Info: reader02.eternal-september.org; posting-host="ae6f1ea6946c1bf8d4aba338ef560797";
logging-data="4025"; mail-complaints-to="abuse@eternal-september.org"; posting-account="U2FsdGVkX185NXedY9t9/1C62W7WjcBgym+Xz1o3CaI="
User-Agent: Pan/0.146 (Hic habitat felicitas; 8107378
git@gitlab.gnome.org:GNOME/pan.git)
Cancel-Lock: sha1:QiJq5rlxMUsSHD/mFFYeONgEVkE=
View all headers
On Tue, 27 Jul 2021 19:17:02 +0100, Chris Green wrote:

Jaydip C <chalao.adda@gmail.com> wrote:
On 27/07/21 7:49 pm, Chris Green wrote:
Jaydip C <chalao.adda@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

I have installed Neomutt on Arch Linux using Luke Smith's
Mutt-Wizard.
It's working fine. I am storing all my emails in my local laptop's
~/.config/mutt/accounts folder which is mentioned in my .muttrc
file. But I have thousands of emails. And very soon there will be
some space problem. So I wanted to change the location of storing
the mails. I intend to store them on an external hard disk. But when
I write the location of external disk in my .muttrc, Neomutt gives
me error as "Cannot execute .muttrc file".
Is there any way to config this?
Please  help.

I think you must have some sort of misconfiguration of where things
are. It should be quite easy to do what you want.

What hve you actually put in your .muttrc file?  You could post the
whole thing here, less passwords and anything else private of course.

This newsgroup is pretty quiet by the way, the mutt mailing list is
much more active.


Thanks for your reply.
I have some cloud drives, like Google, NextCloud, Mega etc. I
configured Rclone to automount them in home directory. I created a
directory "Mutt"
in my "NextCloud" directory.
Now in my gmx muttrc, which is sourced from original
~/.config/mutt/muttrc, in place of 'set folder =
"~/.local/share/mail/joy_deep@gmx.com"', I put 'set folder =
"~/NextCloud/Mutt/joy_deep@gmx.com"'. But then when I started Neomutt,
it says, "Cannot source joy_deep@gmx.com.muttrc from muttrc". Then it

That says to me that, for whatever reason, the file either doesn't exist
or isn't visible to mutt.  If you exit mutt and do:-
    ls -l ~/NextCloud/Mutt/joy_deep@gmx.comk

what do you see?  I wonder if the @ in the file name is causing the
problem?


asked if it should create the necessary directories. When I typed
"Yes",
it created all the mailboxes except Inbox. And I cannot see any emails
in any mail folders.
I know I am missing something.

Also how do I access mutt mailing list?


Go to mutt.org and scroll down to the link for 'Mailing Lists', on the
page that takes you to there are links to subscribe, etc.  You want the
mutt_users mailing list.

You are right. I don't see anything there.

ls -l ~/NextCloud/Mutt/
total 0

So what needs to be changed?

Thanks.



Subject: Re: Store Mails in External Disk
From: Jaydip C
Newsgroups: comp.mail.mutt
Organization: A noiseless patient Spider
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2021 06:49 UTC
References: 1 2 3 4
Path: i2pn2.org!i2pn.org!eternal-september.org!reader02.eternal-september.org!.POSTED!not-for-mail
From: chalao.a...@gmail.com (Jaydip C)
Newsgroups: comp.mail.mutt
Subject: Re: Store Mails in External Disk
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2021 06:49:39 -0000 (UTC)
Organization: A noiseless patient Spider
Lines: 247
Message-ID: <sdqum3$3tp$2@dont-email.me>
References: <sdovrv$ab0$1@gioia.aioe.org> <u8h5th-lgb5.ln1@esprimo.zbmc.eu>
<sdpfcf$78j$1@gioia.aioe.org> <875ywvihbi.fsf@nosuchdomain.example.com>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
Injection-Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2021 06:49:39 -0000 (UTC)
Injection-Info: reader02.eternal-september.org; posting-host="ae6f1ea6946c1bf8d4aba338ef560797";
logging-data="4025"; mail-complaints-to="abuse@eternal-september.org"; posting-account="U2FsdGVkX19+TbyjGy7pyleO36kP5MsGzyUZhr6JB34="
User-Agent: Pan/0.146 (Hic habitat felicitas; 8107378
git@gitlab.gnome.org:GNOME/pan.git)
Cancel-Lock: sha1:m5AwzmZUq3iIK7miQIIYf75rS0I=
View all headers
On Tue, 27 Jul 2021 14:21:21 -0700, Keith Thompson wrote:

Jaydip C <chalao.adda@gmail.com> writes:
On 27/07/21 7:49 pm, Chris Green wrote:
Jaydip C <chalao.adda@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

I have installed Neomutt on Arch Linux using Luke Smith's
Mutt-Wizard.
It's working fine. I am storing all my emails in my local laptop's
~/.config/mutt/accounts folder which is mentioned in my .muttrc file.
But I have thousands of emails. And very soon there will be some
space problem. So I wanted to change the location of storing the
mails. I intend to store them on an external hard disk. But when I
write the location of external disk in my .muttrc, Neomutt gives me
error as "Cannot execute .muttrc file".
Is there any way to config this?
Please  help.

I think you must have some sort of misconfiguration of where things
are. It should be quite easy to do what you want.
What hve you actually put in your .muttrc file?  You could post the
whole thing here, less passwords and anything else private of course.
This newsgroup is pretty quiet by the way, the mutt mailing list is
much more active.


Thanks for your reply.
I have some cloud drives, like Google, NextCloud, Mega etc. I
configured Rclone to automount them in home directory. I created a
directory "Mutt" in my "NextCloud" directory.
Now in my gmx muttrc, which is sourced from original
~/.config/mutt/muttrc, in place of 'set folder =
"~/.local/share/mail/joy_deep@gmx.com"', I put 'set folder =
"~/NextCloud/Mutt/joy_deep@gmx.com"'. But then when I started Neomutt,
it says, "Cannot source joy_deep@gmx.com.muttrc from muttrc". Then it
asked if it should create the necessary directories. When I typed
"Yes", it created all the mailboxes except Inbox. And I cannot see any
emails in any mail folders.
I know I am missing something.

Your excerpts from your .muttrc file are line-wrapped, which makes it
difficult to tell exactly what you really have in the file.  And you've
shown us only the excerpts that you assume are relevant -- but as you
say, you don't know what the problem is.

If you don't want to share your .muttrc file (and anything it sources),
perhaps you can reduce it to a smaller version that reproduces the
problem and show us that.

As Chris Green suggested, the first thing to do is to verify that you
can access ~/NextCloud/Mutt/joy_deep@gmx.com from your shell:

    ls -l ~/NextCloud/Mutt/joy_deep@gmx.com

If there's a problem with that file, I'd expect a more specific error
message than "Cannot source ..." from mutt.  You apparently have a
"source" command in your .muttrc.  Mutt isn't complaining about
    ~/NextCloud/Mutt/joy_deep@gmx.com
It's complaining about
    joy_deep@gmx.com.muttrc
My guess is that you have a syntax error somwhere in your .muttrc or in
something it refers to.

The string "Cannot source" does not occur anywhere in the current
neomutt source code, and there are no occurrences of "Cannot" that are
not followed by something other than "source".  In other words, I don't
see how neomutt could have produced that message.  Are you sure that's
*exactly* what it printed?  If you want to show us an error message,
copy-and-paste it, don't re-type it.

I presume that your ~/NextCloud directory is actually a separate file
system.  If it's not, if it's just synchronized with NextCloud, then
it's going to take up just as much space on your local file system.

Another solution would be to leave your .muttrc alone and make the
folder directory a symbolic link.  But that's not going to help with the
problem you're reporting.

Yes. There's nothing in ~/NextCloud/Mutt/ folder.

Here is my original muttrc in ~/.config/mutt/muttrc

# vim: filetype=neomuttrc
source /usr/share/mutt-wizard/mutt-wizard.muttrc
source /home/jaydipc/.config/mutt/accounts/1-chalao.adda@gmail.com.muttrc
macro index,pager i1 '<sync-mailbox><enter-command>source /home/
jaydipc/.config/mutt/accounts/1-chalao.adda@gmail.com.muttrc<enter><change-
folder>!<enter>;<check-stats>' "switch to chalao.adda@gmail.com"
macro index,pager i2 '<sync-mailbox><enter-command>source /home/
jaydipc/.config/mutt/accounts/2-joy_deep@gmx.com.muttrc<enter><change-
folder>!<enter>;<check-stats>' "switch to joy_deep@gmx.com"

This is original ~/.config/mutt/accounts/2-joy_deep@gmx.com.muttrc

# vim: filetype=neomuttrc
# muttrc file for account joy_deep@gmx.com
set realname = "joy_deep"
set from = "joy_deep@gmx.com"
set sendmail = "msmtp -a joy_deep@gmx.com"
alias me joy_deep <joy_deep@gmx.com>
set folder = "/home/jaydipc/.local/share/mail/joy_deep@gmx.com"
set header_cache = /home/jaydipc/.cache/mutt-wizard/joy_deep@gmx.com/
headers
set message_cachedir = /home/jaydipc/.cache/mutt-wizard/joy_deep@gmx.com/
bodies
set mbox_type = Maildir


bind index,pager gg noop
bind index,pager g noop
bind index,pager M noop
bind index,pager C noop
bind index gg first-entry
unmailboxes *
unalternates *
unset signature
unmacro index o
macro index o "<shell-escape>mw -y joy_deep@gmx.com<enter>" "run mbsync to
sync joy_deep@gmx.com"

mailboxes "=Archive" "=Deleted Items" "=Drafts" "=INBOX" "=Junk" "=Junk E-
mail" "=MailCollect/jaydip_ucs@yahoo.com" "=OUTBOX" "=Queue" "=Sent"
"=Sent Items" "=Spam" "=Trash"
macro index,pager ga "<change-folder>=Archive<enter>" "go to archive"
macro index,pager Ma ";<save-message>=Archive<enter>" "move mail to
archive"
macro index,pager Ca ";<copy-message>=Archive<enter>" "copy mail to
archive"
set postponed = "+Drafts"
macro index,pager gd "<change-folder>=Drafts<enter>" "go to drafts"
macro index,pager Md ";<save-message>=Drafts<enter>" "move mail to drafts"
macro index,pager Cd ";<copy-message>=Drafts<enter>" "copy mail to drafts"
macro index,pager gi "<change-folder>=INBOX<enter>" "go to inbox"
macro index,pager Mi ";<save-message>=INBOX<enter>" "move mail to inbox"
macro index,pager Ci ";<copy-message>=INBOX<enter>" "copy mail to inbox"
set spoolfile = "+INBOX"
macro index,pager gj "<change-folder>=Junk<enter>" "go to junk"
macro index,pager Mj ";<save-message>=Junk<enter>" "move mail to junk"
macro index,pager Cj ";<copy-message>=Junk<enter>" "copy mail to junk"
macro index,pager gj "<change-folder>=Junk<enter>" "go to junk"
macro index,pager Mj ";<save-message>=Junk<enter>" "move mail to junk"
macro index,pager Cj ";<copy-message>=Junk<enter>" "copy mail to junk"
set record = "+Sent"
macro index,pager gs "<change-folder>=Sent<enter>" "go to sent"
macro index,pager Ms ";<save-message>=Sent<enter>" "move mail to sent"
macro index,pager Cs ";<copy-message>=Sent<enter>" "copy mail to sent"
set record = "+Sent"
macro index,pager gs "<change-folder>=Sent<enter>" "go to sent"
macro index,pager Ms ";<save-message>=Sent<enter>" "move mail to sent"
macro index,pager Cs ";<copy-message>=Sent<enter>" "copy mail to sent"
macro index,pager gS "<change-folder>=Spam<enter>" "go to spam"
macro index,pager MS ";<save-message>=Spam<enter>" "move mail to spam"
macro index,pager CS ";<copy-message>=Spam<enter>" "copy mail to spam"
macro index,pager gt "<change-folder>=Trash<enter>" "go to trash"
macro index,pager Mt ";<save-message>=Trash<enter>" "move mail to trash"
macro index,pager Ct ";<copy-message>=Trash<enter>" "copy mail to trash"
set trash = "+Trash"

This is working fine.

This is after changing to NextCloud muttrc in ~/.config/mutt/muttrc

# vim: filetype=neomuttrc
source /usr/share/mutt-wizard/mutt-wizard.muttrc
source /home/jaydipc/.config/mutt/accounts/1-chalao.adda@gmail.com.muttrc
macro index,pager i1 '<sync-mailbox><enter-command>source /home/
jaydipc/.config/mutt/accounts/1-chalao.adda@gmail.com.muttrc<enter><change-
folder>!<enter>;<check-stats>' "switch to chalao.adda@gmail.com"
macro index,pager i2 '<sync-mailbox><enter-command>source /home/
jaydipc/.config/mutt/accounts/2-joy_deep@gmx.com.muttrc<enter><change-
folder>!<enter>;<check-stats>' "switch to joy_deep@gmx.com"

This is after changing to NextCloud ~/.config/mutt/accounts/2-
joy_deep@gmx.com.muttrc


# vim: filetype=neomuttrc
# muttrc file for account joy_deep@gmx.com

Click here to read the complete article
Subject: Re: Store Mails in External Disk
From: Chris Green
Newsgroups: comp.mail.mutt
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2021 08:10 UTC
References: 1 2 3 4 5
Path: i2pn2.org!i2pn.org!news.swapon.de!fu-berlin.de!uni-berlin.de!individual.net!not-for-mail
From: cl...@isbd.net (Chris Green)
Newsgroups: comp.mail.mutt
Subject: Re: Store Mails in External Disk
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2021 09:10:30 +0100
Lines: 37
Message-ID: <m0g7th-c779.ln1@esprimo.zbmc.eu>
References: <sdovrv$ab0$1@gioia.aioe.org> <u8h5th-lgb5.ln1@esprimo.zbmc.eu> <sdpfcf$78j$1@gioia.aioe.org> <u5v5th-au56.ln1@esprimo.zbmc.eu> <sdqtd9$3tp$1@dont-email.me>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
X-Trace: individual.net VOLel5lvcdOIrtl7EtcsjgTvoHnFiqeSWYhShi4tboSLKLF1Q=
X-Orig-Path: not-for-mail
Cancel-Lock: sha1:VBxHqYhRlxXM7uH2wiJut9TaopY=
User-Agent: tin/2.4.5-20201224 ("Glen Albyn") (Linux/5.11.0-22-generic (x86_64))
View all headers
Jaydip C <chalao.adda@gmail.com> wrote:

That says to me that, for whatever reason, the file either doesn't exist
or isn't visible to mutt.  If you exit mutt and do:-
    ls -l ~/NextCloud/Mutt/joy_deep@gmx.comk

what do you see?  I wonder if the @ in the file name is causing the
problem?


[snip]

You are right. I don't see anything there.

ls -l ~/NextCloud/Mutt/
total 0

So what needs to be changed?

That's nothing to do with mutt or your muttrc.

If you can't see the file joy_deep@gmx.comk from the command line then
mutt isn't going to be able to see it either.

I still think that @ sign may be an issue.  Also are there any case
sensitivity issues there? 

Did you just edit the file joy_deep@gmx.comk locally and then copy it
to the remote storage or what exactly?  Try creating a file with no
special characters in the name (my standard test file name is "fred")
and, if that works in terms of being able to see it then work slowly
from that simple name to the one you are trying and see what breaks
things.

--
Chris Green
·


Subject: Re: Store Mails in External Disk
From: Jaydip C
Newsgroups: comp.mail.mutt
Organization: A noiseless patient Spider
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2021 16:40 UTC
References: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Path: i2pn2.org!i2pn.org!eternal-september.org!reader02.eternal-september.org!.POSTED!not-for-mail
From: chalao.a...@gmail.com (Jaydip C)
Newsgroups: comp.mail.mutt
Subject: Re: Store Mails in External Disk
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2021 16:40:21 -0000 (UTC)
Organization: A noiseless patient Spider
Lines: 44
Message-ID: <sds19l$962$1@dont-email.me>
References: <sdovrv$ab0$1@gioia.aioe.org> <u8h5th-lgb5.ln1@esprimo.zbmc.eu>
<sdpfcf$78j$1@gioia.aioe.org> <u5v5th-au56.ln1@esprimo.zbmc.eu>
<sdqtd9$3tp$1@dont-email.me> <m0g7th-c779.ln1@esprimo.zbmc.eu>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
Injection-Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2021 16:40:21 -0000 (UTC)
Injection-Info: reader02.eternal-september.org; posting-host="be625ac815a697b6c07d8cfad77a42e1";
logging-data="9410"; mail-complaints-to="abuse@eternal-september.org"; posting-account="U2FsdGVkX1836vf/ZAMw/nlYj3dl2cso9h0wemPXZ2I="
User-Agent: Pan/0.146 (Hic habitat felicitas; 8107378
git@gitlab.gnome.org:GNOME/pan.git)
Cancel-Lock: sha1:mN5glhq4A8v3X0mf1E/KcOecstc=
View all headers
On Wed, 28 Jul 2021 09:10:30 +0100, Chris Green wrote:

Jaydip C <chalao.adda@gmail.com> wrote:

That says to me that, for whatever reason, the file either doesn't
exist or isn't visible to mutt.  If you exit mutt and do:-
    ls -l ~/NextCloud/Mutt/joy_deep@gmx.comk

what do you see?  I wonder if the @ in the file name is causing the
problem?


[snip]

You are right. I don't see anything there.

ls -l ~/NextCloud/Mutt/
total 0

So what needs to be changed?

That's nothing to do with mutt or your muttrc.

If you can't see the file joy_deep@gmx.comk from the command line then
mutt isn't going to be able to see it either.

I still think that @ sign may be an issue.  Also are there any case
sensitivity issues there?

Did you just edit the file joy_deep@gmx.comk locally and then copy it to
the remote storage or what exactly?  Try creating a file with no special
characters in the name (my standard test file name is "fred") and, if
that works in terms of being able to see it then work slowly from that
simple name to the one you are trying and see what breaks things.

As suggested, I changed the folder name from joy_deep@gmx.com to gmx. I
also created the folder gmx in ~/NextCloud/Mutt/ directory. now when I run
mbsync -a, I get error "Maildir error: cannot read UIDVALIDITY". Also it
gives me error "Error: channel joy_deep@gmx.com: near side box INBOX
cannot be opened". That error is there for all the mail folders. Although,
I found all the direcotories have been created. But when I start Neomutt,
I don't see any emails in the Inbox.

Thanks.


Subject: Re: Store Mails in External Disk
From: Chris Green
Newsgroups: comp.mail.mutt
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2021 19:42 UTC
References: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Path: i2pn2.org!i2pn.org!news.swapon.de!fu-berlin.de!uni-berlin.de!individual.net!not-for-mail
From: cl...@isbd.net (Chris Green)
Newsgroups: comp.mail.mutt
Subject: Re: Store Mails in External Disk
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2021 20:42:51 +0100
Lines: 70
Message-ID: <rio8th-kamb.ln1@esprimo.zbmc.eu>
References: <sdovrv$ab0$1@gioia.aioe.org> <u8h5th-lgb5.ln1@esprimo.zbmc.eu> <sdpfcf$78j$1@gioia.aioe.org> <u5v5th-au56.ln1@esprimo.zbmc.eu> <sdqtd9$3tp$1@dont-email.me> <m0g7th-c779.ln1@esprimo.zbmc.eu> <sds19l$962$1@dont-email.me>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
X-Trace: individual.net zjvrKP/xDNZk2LCjtMyHEA4+8RzNvkf0+e7g8LeFfyDvOI10E=
X-Orig-Path: not-for-mail
Cancel-Lock: sha1:CpGJmF3x7BPFB9aYZNXFpPK60PE=
User-Agent: tin/2.4.5-20201224 ("Glen Albyn") (Linux/5.11.0-22-generic (x86_64))
View all headers
Jaydip C <chalao.adda@gmail.com> wrote:
On Wed, 28 Jul 2021 09:10:30 +0100, Chris Green wrote:

Jaydip C <chalao.adda@gmail.com> wrote:

That says to me that, for whatever reason, the file either doesn't
exist or isn't visible to mutt.  If you exit mutt and do:-
    ls -l ~/NextCloud/Mutt/joy_deep@gmx.comk

what do you see?  I wonder if the @ in the file name is causing the
problem?


[snip]

You are right. I don't see anything there.

ls -l ~/NextCloud/Mutt/
total 0

So what needs to be changed?

That's nothing to do with mutt or your muttrc.

If you can't see the file joy_deep@gmx.comk from the command line then
mutt isn't going to be able to see it either.

I still think that @ sign may be an issue.  Also are there any case
sensitivity issues there?

Did you just edit the file joy_deep@gmx.comk locally and then copy it to
the remote storage or what exactly?  Try creating a file with no special
characters in the name (my standard test file name is "fred") and, if
that works in terms of being able to see it then work slowly from that
simple name to the one you are trying and see what breaks things.

As suggested, I changed the folder name from joy_deep@gmx.com to gmx. I
also created the folder gmx in ~/NextCloud/Mutt/ directory. now when I run
mbsync -a, I get error "Maildir error: cannot read UIDVALIDITY". Also it
gives me error "Error: channel joy_deep@gmx.com: near side box INBOX
cannot be opened". That error is there for all the mail folders. Although,
I found all the direcotories have been created. But when I start Neomutt,
I don't see any emails in the Inbox.

You are getting farther and farther from mutt problems! :-)

When using maildir remember that many systems create *all* their
maildirs in one directory with the 'folder' names being part of very
long directory names separated by dots.

E.g. if you have maildir mailboxes in sub-folders of a directory
called root what you will actually see is directories as follows:-

    root.folder1
    root.folder2
    root.folder3.sub-folder3

Then, inside these directories are the cur, new and tmp directories
that make up a maildir mailbox.  Trying to manage this sort of thing
across an interface to cloud storage can be fraught with difficulties.

The error about "... near side box INBOX cannot be opened" sounds like
it's talking about imap4, yet another can of worms IMHO.

I think you need to try and simplify what you are doing and work your
way up to what you want.

--
Chris Green
·


Subject: Re: Store Mails in External Disk
From: Jaydip C
Newsgroups: comp.mail.mutt
Organization: A noiseless patient Spider
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2021 09:12 UTC
References: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Path: i2pn2.org!i2pn.org!eternal-september.org!reader02.eternal-september.org!.POSTED!not-for-mail
From: chalao.a...@gmail.com (Jaydip C)
Newsgroups: comp.mail.mutt
Subject: Re: Store Mails in External Disk
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2021 09:12:25 -0000 (UTC)
Organization: A noiseless patient Spider
Lines: 107
Message-ID: <se0fpp$s4d$1@dont-email.me>
References: <sdovrv$ab0$1@gioia.aioe.org> <u8h5th-lgb5.ln1@esprimo.zbmc.eu>
<sdpfcf$78j$1@gioia.aioe.org> <u5v5th-au56.ln1@esprimo.zbmc.eu>
<sdqtd9$3tp$1@dont-email.me> <m0g7th-c779.ln1@esprimo.zbmc.eu>
<sds19l$962$1@dont-email.me> <rio8th-kamb.ln1@esprimo.zbmc.eu>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
Injection-Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2021 09:12:25 -0000 (UTC)
Injection-Info: reader02.eternal-september.org; posting-host="8c973da3ae714d76551bdcd20847911f";
logging-data="28813"; mail-complaints-to="abuse@eternal-september.org"; posting-account="U2FsdGVkX1/Df5SDtK3ABWvsRTA0iUiHZ2sqvnOnKCA="
User-Agent: Pan/0.146 (Hic habitat felicitas; 8107378
git@gitlab.gnome.org:GNOME/pan.git)
Cancel-Lock: sha1:SUrzTYKerI6FYjKUHc989vEJ0oY=
View all headers
On Wed, 28 Jul 2021 20:42:51 +0100, Chris Green wrote:

Jaydip C <chalao.adda@gmail.com> wrote:
On Wed, 28 Jul 2021 09:10:30 +0100, Chris Green wrote:

Jaydip C <chalao.adda@gmail.com> wrote:

That says to me that, for whatever reason, the file either doesn't
exist or isn't visible to mutt.  If you exit mutt and do:-
    ls -l ~/NextCloud/Mutt/joy_deep@gmx.comk

what do you see?  I wonder if the @ in the file name is causing
the problem?


[snip]

You are right. I don't see anything there.

ls -l ~/NextCloud/Mutt/
total 0

So what needs to be changed?

That's nothing to do with mutt or your muttrc.

If you can't see the file joy_deep@gmx.comk from the command line
then mutt isn't going to be able to see it either.

I still think that @ sign may be an issue.  Also are there any case
sensitivity issues there?

Did you just edit the file joy_deep@gmx.comk locally and then copy it
to the remote storage or what exactly?  Try creating a file with no
special characters in the name (my standard test file name is "fred")
and, if that works in terms of being able to see it then work slowly
from that simple name to the one you are trying and see what breaks
things.

As suggested, I changed the folder name from joy_deep@gmx.com to gmx. I
also created the folder gmx in ~/NextCloud/Mutt/ directory. now when I
run mbsync -a, I get error "Maildir error: cannot read UIDVALIDITY".
Also it gives me error "Error: channel joy_deep@gmx.com: near side box
INBOX cannot be opened". That error is there for all the mail folders.
Although,
I found all the direcotories have been created. But when I start
Neomutt, I don't see any emails in the Inbox.

You are getting farther and farther from mutt problems! :-)

When using maildir remember that many systems create *all* their
maildirs in one directory with the 'folder' names being part of very
long directory names separated by dots.

E.g. if you have maildir mailboxes in sub-folders of a directory called
root what you will actually see is directories as follows:-

    root.folder1 root.folder2 root.folder3.sub-folder3

Then, inside these directories are the cur, new and tmp directories that
make up a maildir mailbox.  Trying to manage this sort of thing across
an interface to cloud storage can be fraught with difficulties.

The error about "... near side box INBOX cannot be opened" sounds like
it's talking about imap4, yet another can of worms IMHO.

I think you need to try and simplify what you are doing and work your
way up to what you want.

Now I can see all the mailboxes in neomutt. I don't see any mails in them.
So I guess my .muttrc file is okay.
Whenever I issue command 'mbsync -a', I get error

Maildir error: cannot read UIDVALIDITY.
Error: channel joy_deep@gmx.com: near side box INBOX cannot be opened.

So here is my .mbsyncrc file. Please have a look and suggest if it's okay.




IMAPStore joy_deep@gmx.com-remote
Host imap.gmx.net
Port 993
User joy_deep@gmx.com
PassCmd "pass joy_deep@gmx.com"
AuthMechs LOGIN
SSLType IMAPS
CertificateFile /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt

MaildirStore joy_deep@gmx.com-local
Subfolders Verbatim
Path /home/jaydipc/NextCloud/Mutt/gmx/
Inbox /home/jaydipc/NextCloud/Mutt/gmx/INBOX

Channel joy_deep@gmx.com
Expunge Both
Master :joy_deep@gmx.com-remote:
Slave :joy_deep@gmx.com-local:
Patterns * !"[Gmail]/All Mail"
Create Both
SyncState *
MaxMessages 0
ExpireUnread no
# End profile

Thanks.


Subject: Re: Store Mails in External Disk
From: Chris Green
Newsgroups: comp.mail.mutt
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2021 09:28 UTC
References: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Path: i2pn2.org!i2pn.org!news.swapon.de!fu-berlin.de!uni-berlin.de!individual.net!not-for-mail
From: cl...@isbd.net (Chris Green)
Newsgroups: comp.mail.mutt
Subject: Re: Store Mails in External Disk
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2021 10:28:58 +0100
Lines: 18
Message-ID: <qbtcth-8ik5.ln1@esprimo.zbmc.eu>
References: <sdovrv$ab0$1@gioia.aioe.org> <u8h5th-lgb5.ln1@esprimo.zbmc.eu> <sdpfcf$78j$1@gioia.aioe.org> <u5v5th-au56.ln1@esprimo.zbmc.eu> <sdqtd9$3tp$1@dont-email.me> <m0g7th-c779.ln1@esprimo.zbmc.eu> <sds19l$962$1@dont-email.me> <rio8th-kamb.ln1@esprimo.zbmc.eu> <se0fpp$s4d$1@dont-email.me>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
X-Trace: individual.net QUo5s6Th77N4jdOzYi1viQJbkOPvByZNrULrS3ugxHWr540nk=
X-Orig-Path: not-for-mail
Cancel-Lock: sha1:MDBXEoVgu3rZdsUDFQYKXCxy4oo=
User-Agent: tin/2.4.5-20201224 ("Glen Albyn") (Linux/5.11.0-25-generic (x86_64))
View all headers
Jaydip C <chalao.adda@gmail.com> wrote:

Now I can see all the mailboxes in neomutt. I don't see any mails in them.
So I guess my .muttrc file is okay.
Whenever I issue command 'mbsync -a', I get error

Maildir error: cannot read UIDVALIDITY.
Error: channel joy_deep@gmx.com: near side box INBOX cannot be opened.

So here is my .mbsyncrc file. Please have a look and suggest if it's okay.

I know nothing about mbsync, you need to ask elsewhere, start at:-

    https://isync.sourceforge.io/

--
Chris Green
·


Subject: Re: Store Mails in External Disk
From: Jaydip C
Newsgroups: comp.mail.mutt
Organization: A noiseless patient Spider
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2021 03:29 UTC
References: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Path: i2pn2.org!i2pn.org!eternal-september.org!reader02.eternal-september.org!.POSTED!not-for-mail
From: chalao.a...@gmail.com (Jaydip C)
Newsgroups: comp.mail.mutt
Subject: Re: Store Mails in External Disk
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2021 03:29:36 -0000 (UTC)
Organization: A noiseless patient Spider
Lines: 24
Message-ID: <se2g30$pac$1@dont-email.me>
References: <sdovrv$ab0$1@gioia.aioe.org> <u8h5th-lgb5.ln1@esprimo.zbmc.eu>
<sdpfcf$78j$1@gioia.aioe.org> <u5v5th-au56.ln1@esprimo.zbmc.eu>
<sdqtd9$3tp$1@dont-email.me> <m0g7th-c779.ln1@esprimo.zbmc.eu>
<sds19l$962$1@dont-email.me> <rio8th-kamb.ln1@esprimo.zbmc.eu>
<se0fpp$s4d$1@dont-email.me> <qbtcth-8ik5.ln1@esprimo.zbmc.eu>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
Injection-Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2021 03:29:36 -0000 (UTC)
Injection-Info: reader02.eternal-september.org; posting-host="31182f32cdd693a99c3152ff46d47b21";
logging-data="25932"; mail-complaints-to="abuse@eternal-september.org"; posting-account="U2FsdGVkX198Bl5FDbRIoqNn5j0/DUFpTkkdjw5xews="
User-Agent: Pan/0.146 (Hic habitat felicitas; 8107378
git@gitlab.gnome.org:GNOME/pan.git)
Cancel-Lock: sha1:y+OZyHuqRlY7U4AtWWXUtRsT52A=
View all headers
On Fri, 30 Jul 2021 10:28:58 +0100, Chris Green wrote:

Jaydip C <chalao.adda@gmail.com> wrote:

Now I can see all the mailboxes in neomutt. I don't see any mails in
them.
So I guess my .muttrc file is okay.
Whenever I issue command 'mbsync -a', I get error

Maildir error: cannot read UIDVALIDITY.
Error: channel joy_deep@gmx.com: near side box INBOX cannot be opened.

So here is my .mbsyncrc file. Please have a look and suggest if it's
okay.

I know nothing about mbsync, you need to ask elsewhere, start at:-

    https://isync.sourceforge.io/

I got it figured out. I copied the mw file to mymw file. I changed the
bash script. In maildir location, I put my Nextcloud folder. Changed same
for .mbsyncrc file. Now it works.

Thanks for all the advices.


1
rocksolid light 0.7.2
clearneti2ptor