From: nos...@nospam.net (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux,alt.comp.os.windows-10,comp.sys.mac.apps,rec.photo.digital
Subject: Has anyone tested cross platform Pinta against PhotoShop lately
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2023 22:57:13 +0100
 by: Andy Burnelli - Thu, 6 Apr 2023 21:57 UTC

The goal is a free cross-platform PhotoShop replacement for what YOU do.

In a recent thread, a Windows user was thrilled to find that the free
Paint.NET Windows software beat the payware PhotoShop for his needs.
*Results of paint.net app*
<https://groups.google.com/g/rec.photo.digital/c/2abPbCbWw-8>

Knowing that he's also on Linux, I am of the impression Pinta is the cross
platform macOS, Windows, Linux PhotoShop replacement for Paint.NET.

However... I use Paint.NET for anything PhotoShop can do, and as such,
I haven't personally looked at Pinta (or at PhotoShop) in many years...

Maybe people on this newsgroup have used mac/Linux/Win Pinta recently?

A possible advantage of Pinta, is it works on macOS & Linux along
with Windows and BSD (so it's a cross platform Photoshop replacement).

NOTE: It's a fact that it's a cross platform app; it's an assessment
that it's a Photoshop replacement. The iKooks can't figure that out.

Has anyone on this newsgroup looked at Pinta recently, perhaps???
<https://snapcraft.io/pinta>
<https://www.pinta-project.com/releases/>
<https://www.techspot.com/downloads/5501-pinta.html>
<https://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/pinta.html>

If so, would you kindly inform the rest of us how your tests worked out?
The goal is a free cross-platform PhotoShop replacement for what YOU do.
--
Posted out of the goodness of my heart to disseminate useful information
which, in this case, is to try to learn more about the free Pinta editor.

Re: Has anyone tested cross platform Pinta against PhotoShop lately

<kjjl6itt354p97boe7s1rg6plpimh3cqfs@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=956&group=comp.sys.mac.apps#956

From: joelcr...@gmail.com (Joel)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux,alt.comp.os.windows-10,comp.sys.mac.apps,rec.photo.digital
Date: Sun, 21 May 2023 22:13:37 -0400
 by: Joel - Mon, 22 May 2023 02:13 UTC

Andy Burnelli <nospam@nospam.net> wrote:

>The goal is a free cross-platform PhotoShop replacement for what YOU do.
>
>In a recent thread, a Windows user was thrilled to find that the free
>Paint.NET Windows software beat the payware PhotoShop for his needs.
> *Results of paint.net app*
> <https://groups.google.com/g/rec.photo.digital/c/2abPbCbWw-8>
>
>Knowing that he's also on Linux, I am of the impression Pinta is the cross
>platform macOS, Windows, Linux PhotoShop replacement for Paint.NET.
>
>However... I use Paint.NET for anything PhotoShop can do, and as such,
>I haven't personally looked at Pinta (or at PhotoShop) in many years...
>
>Maybe people on this newsgroup have used mac/Linux/Win Pinta recently?
>
>A possible advantage of Pinta, is it works on macOS & Linux along
>with Windows and BSD (so it's a cross platform Photoshop replacement).
>
>NOTE: It's a fact that it's a cross platform app; it's an assessment
>that it's a Photoshop replacement. The iKooks can't figure that out.
>
>Has anyone on this newsgroup looked at Pinta recently, perhaps???
> <https://snapcraft.io/pinta>
> <https://www.pinta-project.com/releases/>
> <https://www.techspot.com/downloads/5501-pinta.html>
> <https://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/pinta.html>
>
>If so, would you kindly inform the rest of us how your tests worked out?
>The goal is a free cross-platform PhotoShop replacement for what YOU do.

Hey, Andy, I just purchased a year of:

---
Photography (20GB)

Edit photos in Lightroom and then transform them with Photoshop. Get
both plus 20GB of cloud storage.

US$9.99/mo
---

Directly from Adobe's site. I had some credit that was usable for it,
and wanted to just see what I was missing. It definitely is a top
notch app. May or may not renew it, a year from now, of course. I'd
like to take that length of time to see if it's useful, beyond what
paint.net already provided me.

--
Joel Crump

Re: Has anyone tested cross platform Pinta against PhotoShop lately

<ajEaM.341969$qjm2.24176@fx09.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=957&group=comp.sys.mac.apps#957

Newsgroups: alt.os.linux,alt.comp.os.windows-10,comp.sys.mac.apps,rec.photo.digital
From: Dav...@nomail.afraid.org (David Brooks)
Date: Mon, 22 May 2023 07:52:54 +0100
 by: David Brooks - Mon, 22 May 2023 06:52 UTC

On 22/05/2023 03:13, Joel wrote:
> Andy Burnelli <nospam@nospam.net> wrote:
>
>> The goal is a free cross-platform PhotoShop replacement for what YOU do.
>>
>> In a recent thread, a Windows user was thrilled to find that the free
>> Paint.NET Windows software beat the payware PhotoShop for his needs.
>> *Results of paint.net app*
>> <https://groups.google.com/g/rec.photo.digital/c/2abPbCbWw-8>
>>
>> Knowing that he's also on Linux, I am of the impression Pinta is the cross
>> platform macOS, Windows, Linux PhotoShop replacement for Paint.NET.
>>
>> However... I use Paint.NET for anything PhotoShop can do, and as such,
>> I haven't personally looked at Pinta (or at PhotoShop) in many years...
>>
>> Maybe people on this newsgroup have used mac/Linux/Win Pinta recently?
>>
>> A possible advantage of Pinta, is it works on macOS & Linux along
>> with Windows and BSD (so it's a cross platform Photoshop replacement).
>>
>> NOTE: It's a fact that it's a cross platform app; it's an assessment
>> that it's a Photoshop replacement. The iKooks can't figure that out.
>>
>> Has anyone on this newsgroup looked at Pinta recently, perhaps???
>> <https://snapcraft.io/pinta>
>> <https://www.pinta-project.com/releases/>
>> <https://www.techspot.com/downloads/5501-pinta.html>
>> <https://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/pinta.html>
>>
>> If so, would you kindly inform the rest of us how your tests worked out?
>> The goal is a free cross-platform PhotoShop replacement for what YOU do.
>

> Hey, Andy, I just purchased a year of:
>
> ---
> Photography (20GB)
>
> Edit photos in Lightroom and then transform them with Photoshop. Get
> both plus 20GB of cloud storage.
>
> US$9.99/mo
> ---
>
> Directly from Adobe's site. I had some credit that was usable for it,
> and wanted to just see what I was missing. It definitely is a top
> notch app. May or may not renew it, a year from now, of course. I'd
> like to take that length of time to see if it's useful, beyond what
> paint.net already provided me.

Hi Joel

Do you share your photographs on-line?

If so, may I ask where?

--
Kind regards,
David

Re: Has anyone tested cross platform Pinta against PhotoShop lately

<m6pm6iltf0ucjpi1gkkbd02e70kpf2lba6@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=958&group=comp.sys.mac.apps#958

From: joelcr...@gmail.com (Joel)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux,alt.comp.os.windows-10,comp.sys.mac.apps,rec.photo.digital
Date: Mon, 22 May 2023 08:51:14 -0400
 by: Joel - Mon, 22 May 2023 12:51 UTC

David Brooks <DavidB@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:

>Hi Joel
>
>Do you share your photographs on-line?
>
>If so, may I ask where?

It depends why I took them, sometimes I put them on imgur.com, and
show the link wherever appropriate. Occasionally I put one on
Facebook.

--
Joel Crump

Re: Has anyone tested cross platform Pinta against PhotoShop lately

<CLJaM.2033113$MVg8.1960700@fx12.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=959&group=comp.sys.mac.apps#959

Newsgroups: alt.os.linux,alt.comp.os.windows-10,comp.sys.mac.apps,rec.photo.digital
From: Dav...@nomail.afraid.org (David Brooks)
Date: Mon, 22 May 2023 14:04:32 +0100
 by: David Brooks - Mon, 22 May 2023 13:04 UTC

On 22/05/2023 13:51, Joel wrote:
> David Brooks <DavidB@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi Joel
>>
>> Do you share your photographs on-line?
>>
>> If so, may I ask where?
>

> It depends why I took them, sometimes I put them on imgur.com, and
> show the link wherever appropriate. Occasionally I put one on
> Facebook.

OK, thanks. I'll share this recent one with you!

https://ibb.co/k8DHRpn

Taken nearby! :-)

Re: Has anyone tested cross platform Pinta against PhotoShop lately

<J%JaM.3314011$9sn9.2508787@fx17.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=960&group=comp.sys.mac.apps#960

Newsgroups: alt.os.linux,alt.comp.os.windows-10,comp.sys.mac.apps,rec.photo.digital
From: Dav...@nomail.afraid.org (David Brooks)
Date: Mon, 22 May 2023 14:21:43 +0100
 by: David Brooks - Mon, 22 May 2023 13:21 UTC

On 22/05/2023 14:04, David Brooks wrote:
> On 22/05/2023 13:51, Joel wrote:
>> David Brooks <DavidB@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Joel
>>>
>>> Do you share your photographs on-line?
>>>
>>> If so, may I ask where?
>>

>> It depends why I took them, sometimes I put them on imgur.com, and
>> show the link wherever appropriate.  Occasionally I put one on
>> Facebook.
>
> OK, thanks. I'll share this recent one with you!
>
> https://ibb.co/k8DHRpn
>
> Taken nearby! :-)

In case of doubt, they ARE real! They flew there!

Re: Has anyone tested cross platform Pinta against PhotoShop lately

<u4g229$270hi$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=961&group=comp.sys.mac.apps#961

From: Bea...@invalid.com (Big Al)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux,alt.comp.os.windows-10,comp.sys.mac.apps,rec.photo.digital
Date: Mon, 22 May 2023 11:34:32 -0400
 by: Big Al - Mon, 22 May 2023 15:34 UTC

On 5/22/23 09:21, this is what David Brooks wrote:
> On 22/05/2023 14:04, David Brooks wrote:

>>> It depends why I took them, sometimes I put them on imgur.com, and
>>> show the link wherever appropriate.  Occasionally I put one on
>>> Facebook.
>>
>> OK, thanks. I'll share this recent one with you!
>>
>> https://ibb.co/k8DHRpn
>>
>> Taken nearby! :-)
>
> In case of doubt, they ARE real! They flew there!

I was going to ask, they look wooden. Beautiful.
--
Linux Mint 21.1 Cinnamon 5.6.8
Al

Re: Has anyone tested cross platform Pinta against PhotoShop lately

<13MaM.3242225$iU59.1507992@fx14.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=962&group=comp.sys.mac.apps#962

Newsgroups: alt.os.linux,alt.comp.os.windows-10,comp.sys.mac.apps,rec.photo.digital
From: Dav...@nomail.afraid.org (David Brooks)
Date: Mon, 22 May 2023 16:41:49 +0100
 by: David Brooks - Mon, 22 May 2023 15:41 UTC

On 22/05/2023 16:34, Big Al wrote:
> On 5/22/23 09:21, this is what David Brooks wrote:

>>> OK, thanks. I'll share this recent one with you!
>>>
>>> https://ibb.co/k8DHRpn
>>>
>>> Taken nearby! :-)
>>
>> In case of doubt, they ARE real! They flew there!
>>
> I was going to ask, they look wooden.  Beautiful.

Thanks! :-)