From: walterjo...@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.ipad,comp.sys.mac.apps
Subject: Re: Rapid Security Responses for iOS 16.5.1 and iPadOS 16.5.1
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2023 20:38:49 -0400
 by: Wally J - Wed, 12 Jul 2023 00:38 UTC

Joerg Lorenz <hugybear@gmx.ch> wrote

> Embarrassing!
>
> According to reports on the MacRumors forums, Facebook, Instagram,
> WhatsApp, Zoom, and other websites started giving a warning about not
> being supported on the Safari browser following the Rapid Security
> Response updates.
>
> https://www.macrumors.com/2023/07/10/apple-pulls-ios-16-5-1-macos-13-4-1-rsrs/
>
> Minimal testing can be expected before releasing.

What people who are intelligent have to first consider is that up until iOS
16 Apple took on average three to six months to fix a single zero-day bug.

No other common operating system was as inefficient as the iOS release was.

During that huge time period (which only Apple incurs because only Apple
fixed bugs by releasing an entire new release stream), exploits happened.

Which is why *the iPhone is exploited _ten times more* than is Android*
https://www.cisa.gov/known-exploited-vulnerabilities-catalog

In light of the fact the iPhone is exploited _because_ Apple's horribly
inefficient release mechanism allowed those exploits to occur, I, for one,
applaud Apple in adding to iOS 16 the capability to patch a single bug.

Just like every other platform except Apple platforms has done for years.