From: nospam.M...@f2030.n280.z2.fidonet.org (Marco R)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Subject: another request
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2022 09:43:51 +1200
 by: Marco R - Sat, 12 Feb 2022 21:43 UTC

Hello g00r00,

I am working on some old filestat utils I created and was wondering if you
could add two date fields for files.

RecFileList has one date (date uploaded). What I am missing is the actual file
date for a file (modified date in Linux). This would also be nice for the file
listing.

The second one is the last downloaded date for a specific file. Could be nice
for cleaning up also.

Gtx!

.... I put a dollar in one of those change machines. Nothing changed.

Re: another request

<314828567@f215.n129.z1.fidonet.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=975&group=alt.bbs.mystic#975

From: nospam.g...@f215.n129.z1.fidonet.org (g00r00)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Subject: Re: another request
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2022 13:55:47 +1200
 by: g00r00 - Mon, 14 Feb 2022 01:55 UTC

MR> I am working on some old filestat utils I created and was wondering if
MR> you could add two date fields for files.

There isn't any space left in those records without a change to the structure
but I will do it soon (tm).

They are mostly untouched since the 1990s when supporting long file names in a
BBS database caused me to be very lean on the data I stored for performance and
memory reasons (Mystic had those ANSI scrolling file lists and long file name
support way back when DOS and 512kb memory was a thing and it had to allow you
to scroll freely through 10s of thousands of files within those limitations!)

Thats no longer as big of an issue so I will add those fields, but not in A48
as I plan to release that very soon (probably in a week or so) so I can get a
good stable version out there.

I'll probably do a revamp sometime after A48 which will include those fields
for you. I need to revisit a lot of the old structures anyway to make sure
they are 2038 compatible!

.... Honk if you love peace and quiet!