computers / comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action / Re: Do you guys also check for freebies on SteamDB?

SubjectAuthor
* Do you guys also check for freebies on SteamDB?Ant
+* Re: Do you guys also check for freebies on SteamDB?Mike S.
|`- Re: Do you guys also check for freebies on SteamDB?Ant
+* Re: Do you guys also check for freebies on SteamDB?Spalls Hurgenson
|`- Re: Do you guys also check for freebies on SteamDB?Ant
`* Re: Do you guys also check for freebies on SteamDB?Dimensional Traveler
 `- Re: Do you guys also check for freebies on SteamDB?Ant

1
Do you guys also check for freebies on SteamDB?

<TpqcndVKULTrNw_-nZ2dnZfqn_adnZ2d@earthlink.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=9754&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#9754

From: ant...@zimage.comANT (Ant)
Subject: Do you guys also check for freebies on SteamDB?
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2022 03:24:38 +0000
 by: Ant - Fri, 9 Dec 2022 03:24 UTC

https://steamdb.info/upcoming/free/

A few free weekends and something to keep! ;)
--
"Jesus answered, 'I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.'" ???John 14:6. Boo 2 my cut dry lips from again, dropped iPhone's finger holder, window blind's string broke, biological vir(uses/i) spreading again, etc. Somewhat slammy Thursday after sleeping 7 hrs.
| |o o| |

Re: Do you guys also check for freebies on SteamDB?

<bm76phlk2td5vpqhq30gde1fbd05t965p2@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=9762&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#9762

From: Mik...@nowhere.com (Mike S.)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Subject: Re: Do you guys also check for freebies on SteamDB?
Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2022 06:41:14 -0500
 by: Mike S. - Fri, 9 Dec 2022 11:41 UTC

On Fri, 09 Dec 2022 03:24:38 +0000, ant@zimage.comANT (Ant) wrote:

>https://steamdb.info/upcoming/free/
>
>A few free weekends and something to keep! ;)

Bookmarked this link for sure. Thank you.

Re: Do you guys also check for freebies on SteamDB?

<tmvjdk$1f8e$2@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=9765&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#9765

From: ant...@zimage.comANT (Ant)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2022 07:15:00 -0800
 by: Ant - Fri, 9 Dec 2022 15:15 UTC

On 12/9/2022 3:41 AM, Mike S. wrote:
> On Fri, 09 Dec 2022 03:24:38 +0000, ant@zimage.comANT (Ant) wrote:
>
>> https://steamdb.info/upcoming/free/
>>
>> A few free weekends and something to keep! ;)
>
> Bookmarked this link for sure. Thank you.

You're welcome. :)
--
"[Jesus said,] 'I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in
me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do
| |o o| | Axe ANT from its address if shown & e-mailing privately.
\ _ / Please kindly use Ant nickname & URL/link if crediting.
( )

Re: Do you guys also check for freebies on SteamDB?

<c3q6phd8ka91km4ks8sg5g0c1ro5r4di71@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=9769&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#9769

From: spallshu...@gmail.com (Spalls Hurgenson)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2022 11:59:03 -0500
 by: Spalls Hurgenson - Fri, 9 Dec 2022 16:59 UTC

On Fri, 09 Dec 2022 03:24:38 +0000, ant@zimage.comANT (Ant) wrote:

>https://steamdb.info/upcoming/free/
>
>A few free weekends and something to keep! ;)

Generally, no. I was aware of it, but in my experience, the freebies
on offer are usually:

1) already announced loudly elsewhere
2) free-to-play games ("World of Warships") or games that are
essentially little more than front-ends for DLC ("Capcom Arcade
Stadium")
3) only free for limited trial-periods ('free weekend')

YMMV.

Re: Do you guys also check for freebies on SteamDB?

<tn00rg$ud$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=9777&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#9777

From: ant...@zimage.comANT (Ant)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2022 11:04:14 -0800
 by: Ant - Fri, 9 Dec 2022 19:04 UTC

On 12/9/2022 8:59 AM, Spalls Hurgenson wrote:
> On Fri, 09 Dec 2022 03:24:38 +0000, ant@zimage.comANT (Ant) wrote:
>
>> https://steamdb.info/upcoming/free/
>>
>> A few free weekends and something to keep! ;)
>
> Generally, no. I was aware of it, but in my experience, the freebies
> on offer are usually:
>
> 1) already announced loudly elsewhere

Where? I noticed Blue's News doesn't always see them so I e-mail Blue
about them.

> 2) free-to-play games ("World of Warships") or games that are
> essentially little more than front-ends for DLC ("Capcom Arcade
> Stadium")
> 3) only free for limited trial-periods ('free weekend')

It's like playable demos except full games with limited times. There
were a few games that I finished like SuperHot (great game). ;)
--
"[Jesus said,] 'I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in
me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do
nothing. This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing
yourselves to be my disciples.'" --John 15:5,8. Boo 2 my cut dry lips,
dropped iPhone's finger holder, window blind's broken string, spreading
biological vir(uses/i), cold temperatures, etc. Slept over 7 hrs 2 days
in a row so far.
this signature correctly.
/\___/\ http://aqfl.net & http://antfarm.home.dhs.org
/ /\ /\ \
| |o o| | Axe ANT from its address if shown & e-mailing privately.
\ _ / Please kindly use Ant nickname & URL/link if crediting.
( )

Re: Do you guys also check for freebies on SteamDB?

<tn073j$1all9$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=9779&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#9779

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2022 12:51:01 -0800
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Fri, 9 Dec 2022 20:51 UTC

On 12/8/2022 7:24 PM, Ant wrote:
> https://steamdb.info/upcoming/free/
>
> A few free weekends and something to keep! ;)

No, that's what we have you and Spalls for.

dirty old man.

Re: Do you guys also check for freebies on SteamDB?

<tn0f47$50a$3@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=9783&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#9783

From: ant...@zimage.comANT (Ant)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2022 15:07:50 -0800
 by: Ant - Fri, 9 Dec 2022 23:07 UTC

On 12/9/2022 12:51 PM, Dimensional Traveler wrote:
> On 12/8/2022 7:24 PM, Ant wrote:
>> https://steamdb.info/upcoming/free/
>>
>> A few free weekends and something to keep! ;)
>
> No, that's what we have you and Spalls for.

Aw. :)
--
"[Jesus said,] 'I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in
me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do
nothing. This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing
yourselves to be my disciples.'" --John 15:5,8. Boo 2 my cut dry lips,
dropped iPhone & its finger holder, window blind's broken string,