Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2022 07:37:00 -0700 (PDT)
<55ecb108-945e-4aaa-ad98-d688301e2170o@googlegroups.com> <repulk$c7g$1@dont-email.me>
<f0ab1187-59b2-4a62-af53-3e28167898ado@googlegroups.com> <req7av$4je$1@dont-email.me>
<ab4ecdb3-8689-4261-b2ec-89f65a65ab22o@googlegroups.com> <reqgeu$um0$1@dont-email.me>
<fa4f5b60-0abc-4fb4-857c-ef22885e6db7o@googlegroups.com> <reqok2$bb3$3@dont-email.me>
<5e687fd2-cd2c-4b91-9170-dc0051f101bbo@googlegroups.com> <rer0k0$e6s$2@dont-email.me>
<c3a9326d-6f56-41cc-b88f-b331d52fc2d8o@googlegroups.com> <rer6qb$9j0$1@dont-email.me>
<578f2dd3-5e3f-4538-b993-6ef1f599b778o@googlegroups.com> <ret8ga$31u$1@dont-email.me>
<c8a37af3-6c46-4e13-a6d1-8a6e8a811b20n@googlegroups.com> <revt9t$68f$1@dont-email.me>
<ebb2d0d9-2faa-446b-9b90-326b959049aeo@googlegroups.com> <rf4lb5$o9v$1@dont-email.me>
<ee4e2486-88e2-484d-a1a2-ff3929c0e5e1o@googlegroups.com> <rfqpsg$7gp$2@dont-email.me>
<7277559b-2a68-4a27-a445-3f19317518b8o@googlegroups.com> <rgcfmc$uer$2@dont-email.me>
<58fab404-e280-45c7-b66f-d4698db17d40o@googlegroups.com> <04b4d6cc-02f4-48ae-a92f-3537d459e5eeo@googlegroups.com>
<1677d18d-5643-4e96-a873-0adcfe5dd3dao@googlegroups.com> <b85a9f50-e472-4bd2-b7bb-ab54d9872206o@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: The Insight at 1 year and 12,500 miles
From: thomas.e...@gmail.com (Thomas E.)
 by: Thomas E. - Wed, 23 Mar 2022 14:37 UTC

On Monday, August 10, 2020 at 7:22:55 AM UTC-4, -hh wrote:
> On Friday, August 7, 2020 at 9:54:14 PM UTC-4, ed wrote:
> > > [...]
> > to be clear, i think you were probably going too slow - 15mph?!
> This is something that I recalled from the original post,
> although I'm not going to bother to go back to find and
> reread to confirm.
> > - just saying that alan claiming that you were going
> > slower than normal traffic just because you were passed
> > by one person makes no sense ...
>
> There's an admission of being passed by at least one car,
> which may or may not have also been the party later hit.
>
> Overall, I think the scenario is pretty clear: a left
> lane sitter going slower than the speed limit (and slower
> than the typical flow of traffic) such that other drivers
> were getting frustrated and passing on the right.
>
> One of these "get around the slowpoke" had the bad luck
> of being in the wrong place when the slow left lane sitter
> changed lanes *within* the circle while preparing to exit.
>
> To this end, the fault is on the driver changing lanes.
>
> Discussions about pedantic rules about how many exits one
> shouldn't go past while in a traffic circle's right lane
> isn't an out, since there's hierarchies. It also helps to
> realize that that rule is a band-aid on the problem, namely
> a traffic circle (not roundabout) with more than a single lane.
> These are a known hazardous road design which is why places
> like NJ have been systematically getting rid of traffic circles.
>

> -hh

The lane we were in, and stayed in, was clearly marked for the exit we took.. It was also clearly marked as an exit lane for the other driver. Intending to take the next exit she did not exit and ran into the front of our car. She also stated to the police that she was in the wrong lane for the direction of travel. Her insurance paid for our repairs.