This screen intentionally left blank.

tech / sci.electronics.repair / Re: Component idenification

SubjectAuthor
* Component idenificationCursitor Doom
+* Component idenificationlegg
|`* Component idenificationCursitor Doom
| +- Component idenificationPhil Allison
| `* Component idenificationlegg
|  +* Component idenificationCursitor Doom
|  |`* Component idenificationPeter W.
|  | `- Component idenificationCursitor Doom
|  `* Component idenificationCursitor Doom
|   +- Component idenificationPeter W.
|   `* Component idenificationlegg
|    +* Component idenificationthree_jeeps
|    |`- Component idenificationCursitor Doom
|    `- Component idenificationCursitor Doom
`* Component idenificationCursitor Doom
 +* Component idenificationwhit3rd
 |`* Component idenificationCursitor Doom
 | +* Component idenificationlegg
 | |`- Component idenificationCursitor Doom
 | `* Component idenificationCarlos E.R.
 |  `* Component idenificationCursitor Doom
 |   `- Component idenificationCarlos E.R.
 `* Component idenificationJC
  `* Component idenificationCursitor Doom
   `* Component idenificationJC
    `- Component idenificationCursitor Doom

Pages:12
Re: Component idenification

<nuqf4j-bh5.ln1@Telcontar.valinor>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=9807&group=sci.electronics.repair#9807

From: robin_li...@es.invalid (Carlos E.R.)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.repair
Subject: Re: Component idenification
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2022 20:40:39 +0100
 by: Carlos E.R. - Wed, 16 Nov 2022 19:40 UTC

On 2022-11-13 23:50, Cursitor Doom wrote:
> On Sun, 13 Nov 2022 23:17:29 +0100, "Carlos E.R."
> <robin_listas@es.invalid> wrote:
>
>> On 2022-11-11 16:31, Cursitor Doom wrote:

>>> If that's the case, maybe it was removed at some time, shortening the
>>> life of the chopper. I'll do something about that regardless. BTW, the
>>> threaded rods are there to retain plastic covers which encase the 3
>>> devices (don't ask me why as I haven't a clue what purpose they serve
>>> but certainly not to press bear the transistors to the heatsink, that
>>> much is certain).
>>
>> I would guess insulation - is that part connected to mains?
>
> We eventually got to the bottom of it. The plastic covers are supposed
> to bear against the transistors underneath and hold them tight against
> the heatsink assembly. But it's a really unsatisfactory approach,
> because they're not secured at the bottom in any way, so the devices
> are not pressed evenly against their pads. I'm looking into whether it
> can be improved whilst waiting for the spares to arrive. Perhaps I can
> get some of those clips that Whit3rd posted a link to.

maybe drill a hole to put a small bolt?

--
Cheers, Carlos.

tech / sci.electronics.repair / Re: Component idenification