From: nospam.I...@f200.n342.z1.fidonet.org (IB Joe)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Subject: Issue
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2022 20:40:06 +1200
 by: IB Joe - Wed, 16 Feb 2022 08:40 UTC

Hi there... I did an upgrade from A46 to A48. From what I can tell I did what
was asked of me... I have found something... When I'm in the ANSI editor and I
have completed what I was doing.... and I go to press "Q" to quit it hangs up
on me.
I access the BBS setup as a menu option while I'm logged into the BBS

:)

IB Joe
AKA Joe Schweier
SysOp of Joe's BBS
-=JoesBBS.com=-

Re: Issue

<857037057@f215.n129.z1.fidonet.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=991&group=alt.bbs.mystic#991

From: nospam.g...@f215.n129.z1.fidonet.org (g00r00)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Subject: Re: Issue
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2022 11:44:40 +1200
 by: g00r00 - Wed, 16 Feb 2022 23:44 UTC

IJ> Hi there... I did an upgrade from A46 to A48. From what I can tell I
IJ> did what was asked of me... I have found something... When I'm in the
IJ> ANSI editor and I have completed what I was doing.... and I go to press
IJ> "Q" to quit it hangs up on me.
IJ> I access the BBS setup as a menu option while I'm logged into the BBS

Did you follow the A46 to A47 upgrade instructions first before you did the A47
to A48 instructions? Here are some specific instructions from the A46 to A47
upgrade:

- If you use the default msg_editor.ini then you should replace it with the
new one, otherwise refer to the What's New and the new default template
for how to upgrade it to support Tagline changes. You can replace the
default like this:

install extract msg_editor.ini c:\mystic\themes\default\text

- You will need to install the new Taglines template and default Taglines
database:

install extract taglines.ans c:\mystic\themes\default\text
install extract taglines.ini c:\mystic\themes\default\text
install extract taglines.dat c:\mystic\data

It is also recommended that you go into System Configuration > New User
Settings 2 and set "Taglines" to On so new users will default to having
Taglines enabled if you wish them to (or set to Off if you want them off
by default).

.... What was the best thing before sliced bread?