You've been Berkeley'ed!

computers / comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action / Re: Free Game: Ghost of a tale

SubjectAuthor
* Free Game: Ghost of a taleSpalls Hurgenson
+- Re: Free Game: Ghost of a taleMike S.
+* Re: Free Game: Ghost of a taleAnt
|+* Re: Free Game: Ghost of a taleSpalls Hurgenson
||`* Re: Free Game: Ghost of a taleAnt
|| `* Re: Free Game: Ghost of a taleJustisaur
||  `- Re: Free Game: Ghost of a taleAnt
|`- Re: Free Game: Ghost of a talerms
`- Re: Free Game: Ghost of a taleZaghadka

1
Free Game: Ghost of a tale

<a1heph52b5a1sbpuie81njhk350cf9efbq@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=9845&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#9845

From: spallshu...@gmail.com (Spalls Hurgenson)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Subject: Free Game: Ghost of a tale
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2022 10:11:44 -0500
 by: Spalls Hurgenson - Mon, 12 Dec 2022 15:11 UTC

No time for chat! Gotta send this post before Ant does it first!

Free game. On GOG. Three days to claim it!

*Ghost of a Tale
https://www.gog.com/en/game/ghost_of_a_tale
It's fantasy, strategy and has a cutesy mouse protagonist. What more
do you need to know?

Ha! Take that, Ant! The point is mine! ;-)

Re: Free Game: Ghost of a tale

<u7hephp079sihrp5uet9pdnlqmjjucf58r@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=9846&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#9846

From: Mik...@nowhere.com (Mike S.)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Subject: Re: Free Game: Ghost of a tale
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2022 10:13:31 -0500
 by: Mike S. - Mon, 12 Dec 2022 15:13 UTC

On Mon, 12 Dec 2022 10:11:44 -0500, Spalls Hurgenson
<spallshurgenson@gmail.com> wrote:

>No time for chat! Gotta send this post before Ant does it first!
>
>Free game. On GOG. Three days to claim it!
>
>*Ghost of a Tale
>https://www.gog.com/en/game/ghost_of_a_tale
>It's fantasy, strategy and has a cutesy mouse protagonist. What more
>do you need to know?

I only needed to know that it was free.

Thanks Spalls.

Re: Free Game: Ghost of a tale

<tn7n66$1ike$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=9852&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#9852

From: ant...@zimage.comANT (Ant)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2022 09:08:22 -0800
 by: Ant - Mon, 12 Dec 2022 17:08 UTC

I woke up later since I was up too late. You win. :P I took the game!

--
"When the time had fully come, God sent his Son, born of a woman, born
under law, that we might receive the full rights of sons." --Galatians
| |o o| | Axe ANT from its address if shown & e-mailing privately.
\ _ / Please kindly use Ant nickname & URL/link if crediting.
( )

Re: Free Game: Ghost of a tale

<9roephpq9brta0rrv5vg9rbsk94ahknj7o@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=9854&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#9854

From: spallshu...@gmail.com (Spalls Hurgenson)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2022 12:28:04 -0500
 by: Spalls Hurgenson - Mon, 12 Dec 2022 17:28 UTC

On Mon, 12 Dec 2022 09:08:22 -0800, Ant <ant@zimage.comANT> wrote:

>I woke up later since I was up too late. You win. :P I took the game!

You should have seen the state of panic raging through SpallsHQ when
that link was discovered. Fires were allowed to burn unchecked, babies
were thrown out with the bathwater, llamas went unfed, and toast was
allowed to go slightly too brown... everything was put to the side
until I could get the post out. The fear of the Ant is strong here ;-)

I took the game too. Apparently it was on my wishlist; I guess that
means I want to play it. But other than the fact that it features an
itty-bitty cutesy-wutesy mouse, I don't remember a thing about the
game. It's an adventure game, not a strategy game as I first reported
(game research was another thing that was neglected in the rush to get
the post out first :-) which maes it slightly more palatable.

In fact, iIt sort of looks like "A Plague Tale: Innocence" except told
from the side of the rats ;-)

Re: Free Game: Ghost of a tale

<tn7q08$s5e$2@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=9858&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#9858

From: ant...@zimage.comANT (Ant)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2022 09:56:24 -0800
 by: Ant - Mon, 12 Dec 2022 17:56 UTC

On 12/12/2022 9:28 AM, Spalls Hurgenson wrote:
> On Mon, 12 Dec 2022 09:08:22 -0800, Ant <ant@zimage.comANT> wrote:
>
>> I woke up later since I was up too late. You win. :P I took the game!
>
> You should have seen the state of panic raging through SpallsHQ when
> that link was discovered. Fires were allowed to burn unchecked, babies
> were thrown out with the bathwater, llamas went unfed, and toast was
> allowed to go slightly too brown... everything was put to the side
> until I could get the post out. The fear of the Ant is strong here ;-)

Muahahaha! >:)

> I took the game too. Apparently it was on my wishlist; I guess that
> means I want to play it. But other than the fact that it features an
> itty-bitty cutesy-wutesy mouse, I don't remember a thing about the
> game. It's an adventure game, not a strategy game as I first reported
> (game research was another thing that was neglected in the rush to get
> the post out first :-) which maes it slightly more palatable.
>
> In fact, iIt sort of looks like "A Plague Tale: Innocence" except told
> from the side of the rats ;-)

Adventure? I thought it was an action adventure type.
--
"When the time had fully come, God sent his Son, born of a woman, born
under law, that we might receive the full rights of sons." --Galatians
4:4-5. Cold clouds came 2 pee almost 2" of h2o. More soon and slammy week?
this signature correctly.
/\___/\ http://aqfl.net & http://antfarm.home.dhs.org
/ /\ /\ \
| |o o| | Axe ANT from its address if shown & e-mailing privately.
\ _ / Please kindly use Ant nickname & URL/link if crediting.
( )

Re: Free Game: Ghost of a tale

<tn80ua$29qkl$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=9860&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#9860

From: rsquires...@MOOflashMOO.net (rms)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2022 12:54:49 -0700
 by: rms - Mon, 12 Dec 2022 19:54 UTC

>I woke up later since I was up too late. You win. :P I took the game!

Thank you both! I grabbed it!

rms

Re: Free Game: Ghost of a tale

<be008061-9866-4d2d-9245-e8abbbcb1306n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=9863&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#9863

Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2022 12:25:28 -0800 (PST)
From: justis...@gmail.com (Justisaur)
 by: Justisaur - Mon, 12 Dec 2022 20:25 UTC

On Monday, December 12, 2022 at 9:56:25 AM UTC-8, Ant wrote:
> On 12/12/2022 9:28 AM, Spalls Hurgenson wrote:
> > On Mon, 12 Dec 2022 09:08:22 -0800, Ant <a...@zimage.comANT> wrote:
> >
> >> I woke up later since I was up too late. You win. :P I took the game!
> >
> > You should have seen the state of panic raging through SpallsHQ when
> > that link was discovered. Fires were allowed to burn unchecked, babies
> > were thrown out with the bathwater, llamas went unfed, and toast was
> > allowed to go slightly too brown... everything was put to the side
> > until I could get the post out. The fear of the Ant is strong here ;-)
> Muahahaha! >:)
> > I took the game too. Apparently it was on my wishlist; I guess that
> > means I want to play it. But other than the fact that it features an
> > itty-bitty cutesy-wutesy mouse, I don't remember a thing about the
> > game. It's an adventure game, not a strategy game as I first reported
> > (game research was another thing that was neglected in the rush to get
> > the post out first :-) which maes it slightly more palatable.
> >
> > In fact, iIt sort of looks like "A Plague Tale: Innocence" except told
> > from the side of the rats ;-)
> Adventure? I thought it was an action adventure type.

Looked through the reviews, seems to be a Thief type game. I'm
not much into stealth games, but it was free so I took it. Some
complaints there stealth doesn't work very well (that should
work if you're making a stealth game!)

- Justisaur

Re: Free Game: Ghost of a tale

<pqafphdqalpkn2sqbgd200mbk45tgq3auv@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=9867&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#9867

From: zagha...@hotmail.com (Zaghadka)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2022 16:29:54 -0600
 by: Zaghadka - Mon, 12 Dec 2022 22:29 UTC

On Mon, 12 Dec 2022 10:11:44 -0500, in comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,
Spalls Hurgenson wrote:

>No time for chat! Gotta send this post before Ant does it first!
>
>Free game. On GOG. Three days to claim it!
>
>*Ghost of a Tale
>https://www.gog.com/en/game/ghost_of_a_tale
>It's fantasy, strategy and has a cutesy mouse protagonist. What more
>do you need to know?

Yoink.

--
Zag

No one ever said on their deathbed, 'Gee, I wish I had
spent more time alone with my computer.' ~Dan(i) Bunten

Re: Free Game: Ghost of a tale

<tn8j88$1dmu$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=9868&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#9868

From: ant...@zimage.comANT (Ant)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2022 17:07:20 -0800
 by: Ant - Tue, 13 Dec 2022 01:07 UTC

On 12/12/2022 12:25 PM, Justisaur wrote:
> On Monday, December 12, 2022 at 9:56:25 AM UTC-8, Ant wrote:

>>> You should have seen the state of panic raging through SpallsHQ when
>>> that link was discovered. Fires were allowed to burn unchecked, babies
>>> were thrown out with the bathwater, llamas went unfed, and toast was
>>> allowed to go slightly too brown... everything was put to the side
>>> until I could get the post out. The fear of the Ant is strong here ;-)
>> Muahahaha! >:)
>>> I took the game too. Apparently it was on my wishlist; I guess that
>>> means I want to play it. But other than the fact that it features an
>>> itty-bitty cutesy-wutesy mouse, I don't remember a thing about the
>>> game. It's an adventure game, not a strategy game as I first reported
>>> (game research was another thing that was neglected in the rush to get
>>> the post out first :-) which maes it slightly more palatable.
>>>
>>> In fact, iIt sort of looks like "A Plague Tale: Innocence" except told
>>> from the side of the rats ;-)
>> Adventure? I thought it was an action adventure type.
>
> Looked through the reviews, seems to be a Thief type game. I'm
> not much into stealth games, but it was free so I took it. Some
> complaints there stealth doesn't work very well (that should
> work if you're making a stealth game!)

Ooh, Thief. That was a fun one even though I don't like being stealth.
Heh. Whatever, this free game looks cute.
--
"When the time had fully come, God sent his Son, born of a woman, born
under law, that we might receive the full rights of sons." --Galatians
4:4-5. Another slammy week? Dang spammers, allergies, & diarrhea again.
Cold winter rain dumped ~2" from late Sat nite 2 Mon. l8 mawny. :O