Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a rigged demo.

computers / comp.ai.philosophy / Re: Nvidia AI Conference

SubjectAuthor
* Nvidia AI ConferenceDouglas Eagleson
`* Re: Nvidia AI ConferenceDouglas Eagleson
 `* Re: Nvidia AI ConferenceDon Stockbauer
  `* Re: Nvidia AI ConferenceDouglas Eagleson
   `* Re: Nvidia AI ConferenceDon Stockbauer
    `* Re: Nvidia AI ConferenceDouglas Eagleson
     `- Re: Nvidia AI ConferenceDon Stockbauer

1
Nvidia AI Conference

<a9c7173b-13c1-4aed-98d3-c93ae8d2d76an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=9883&group=comp.ai.philosophy#9883

Newsgroups: comp.ai.philosophy
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2022 13:49:56 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Nvidia AI Conference
From: eagleson...@gmail.com (Douglas Eagleson)
 by: Douglas Eagleson - Sat, 10 Sep 2022 20:49 UTC

https://www.nvidia.com/gtc/
Sep. 19 to 22 leading AI online conference,
I think gtc means GPU technology conference

I signed up for the first three events.
It seems to be free.

Re: Nvidia AI Conference

<0f0a1dac-247a-454a-92f4-65442dcb74b8n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=9884&group=comp.ai.philosophy#9884

Newsgroups: comp.ai.philosophy
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2022 09:57:03 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Nvidia AI Conference
From: eagleson...@gmail.com (Douglas Eagleson)
 by: Douglas Eagleson - Thu, 22 Sep 2022 16:57 UTC

On Sunday, September 11, 2022 at 4:49:57 AM UTC+8, Douglas Eagleson wrote:
> https://www.nvidia.com/gtc/
> Sep. 19 to 22 leading AI online conference,
> I think gtc means GPU technology conference
>
> I signed up for the first three events.
> It seems to be free.
well the conference keynote and AI gang were very interesting.

natural language AI is so developed that it makes no sense to write your own.
Neural nets are being studied still though for a language technology
Deep learning still appears a buzzword.

omniverse a competitor of meta verse seems to be a deep graphics
design. They have light shadows now in play. Strong body kinetics
The abstract view is the work product of a huge body of image
developers. Design work of factories is also possible.
Objects as abstract agents were introduced. I take this as meaning
a worm like ai effect can alter human behavior.

Self learning or unsupervised learning is a still unstructured
design capacity.

objects as being modules were uttered
Probability is an issue. Is it required in an ai?

The pragmatic expert said basically throw modules/active agents at the
design until you run into a solution.

Re: Nvidia AI Conference

<674958eb-a21d-48a3-aa1d-bdbbc3ae52ddn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=9885&group=comp.ai.philosophy#9885

Newsgroups: comp.ai.philosophy
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2022 12:51:50 -0700 (PDT)
From: donstock...@hotmail.com (Don Stockbauer)
 by: Don Stockbauer - Sat, 24 Sep 2022 19:51 UTC

On Thursday, September 22, 2022 at 11:57:05 AM UTC-5, Douglas Eagleson wrote:
> On Sunday, September 11, 2022 at 4:49:57 AM UTC+8, Douglas Eagleson wrote:
> > https://www.nvidia.com/gtc/
> > Sep. 19 to 22 leading AI online conference,
> > I think gtc means GPU technology conference
> >
> > I signed up for the first three events.
> > It seems to be free.
> well the conference keynote and AI gang were very interesting.
>
> natural language AI is so developed that it makes no sense to write your own.
> Neural nets are being studied still though for a language technology
> Deep learning still appears a buzzword.
>
> omniverse a competitor of meta verse seems to be a deep graphics
> design. They have light shadows now in play. Strong body kinetics
> The abstract view is the work product of a huge body of image
> developers. Design work of factories is also possible.
> Objects as abstract agents were introduced. I take this as meaning
> a worm like ai effect can alter human behavior.
>
> Self learning or unsupervised learning is a still unstructured
> design capacity.
>
> objects as being modules were uttered
> Probability is an issue. Is it required in an ai?
>
> The pragmatic expert said basically throw modules/active agents at the
> design until you run into a solution.

Douglas,

Do you think that AIs will group together and form a structure such as the singularity , or do you think that AIs will always just be tools for humans , really in the same class as a hammer?

Re: Nvidia AI Conference

<ef989747-32f7-4da4-ad67-f420900fd58dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=9886&group=comp.ai.philosophy#9886

Newsgroups: comp.ai.philosophy
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2022 18:29:40 -0700 (PDT)
From: eagleson...@gmail.com (Douglas Eagleson)
 by: Douglas Eagleson - Sun, 25 Sep 2022 01:29 UTC

On Sunday, September 25, 2022 at 3:51:52 AM UTC+8, Don Stockbauer wrote:
> On Thursday, September 22, 2022 at 11:57:05 AM UTC-5, Douglas Eagleson wrote:
> > On Sunday, September 11, 2022 at 4:49:57 AM UTC+8, Douglas Eagleson wrote:
> > > https://www.nvidia.com/gtc/
> > > Sep. 19 to 22 leading AI online conference,
> > > I think gtc means GPU technology conference
> > >
> > > I signed up for the first three events.
> > > It seems to be free.
> > well the conference keynote and AI gang were very interesting.
> >
> > natural language AI is so developed that it makes no sense to write your own.
> > Neural nets are being studied still though for a language technology
> > Deep learning still appears a buzzword.
> >
> > omniverse a competitor of meta verse seems to be a deep graphics
> > design. They have light shadows now in play. Strong body kinetics
> > The abstract view is the work product of a huge body of image
> > developers. Design work of factories is also possible.
> > Objects as abstract agents were introduced. I take this as meaning
> > a worm like ai effect can alter human behavior.
> >
> > Self learning or unsupervised learning is a still unstructured
> > design capacity.
> >
> > objects as being modules were uttered
> > Probability is an issue. Is it required in an ai?
> >
> > The pragmatic expert said basically throw modules/active agents at the
> > design until you run into a solution.
> Douglas,
>
> Do you think that AIs will group together and form a structure such as the singularity , or do you think that AIs will always just be tools for humans , really in the same class as a hammer?

Douglas Eagleson <eaglesondouglas@gmail.com>
5:51 AM (3 hours ago)
to comp.ai.philosophy

Ai's will always follow their design. A standard Ai interaction format is in the works I think.
honest or subversive exploitation is possible. if formed as so, automatic sophistry is possible.
If the goal is to make a bunch of lemmings using Ai, there will be a deep learning study to detect
a level of vulnerability in a person by a reaction test agent. This might be termed a singularity,
a cyclone might be a better word. A mass behavior after learning your status revealed might
be a second agent effect. Then there becomes the unplanned outcome, simply a non-planned
accident.

So there is a clear need for Ai's to defend. defend from things like fake media, also. This would be
a good study to perform to make better outcomes. If designed to do something like a game of
life algorithm or a hunter prey design, yes there could be singularity. These concerns far exceed
the abstract hammer

Re: Nvidia AI Conference

<9befbf02-e57d-4791-b171-1b12935397b5n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=9887&group=comp.ai.philosophy#9887

Newsgroups: comp.ai.philosophy
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2022 06:51:45 -0700 (PDT)
From: donstock...@hotmail.com (Don Stockbauer)
 by: Don Stockbauer - Sun, 25 Sep 2022 13:51 UTC

On Saturday, September 24, 2022 at 8:29:42 PM UTC-5, Douglas Eagleson wrote:
> On Sunday, September 25, 2022 at 3:51:52 AM UTC+8, Don Stockbauer wrote:

> > > well the conference keynote and AI gang were very interesting.
> > >
> > > natural language AI is so developed that it makes no sense to write your own.
> > > Neural nets are being studied still though for a language technology
> > > Deep learning still appears a buzzword.
> > >
> > > omniverse a competitor of meta verse seems to be a deep graphics
> > > design. They have light shadows now in play. Strong body kinetics
> > > The abstract view is the work product of a huge body of image
> > > developers. Design work of factories is also possible.
> > > Objects as abstract agents were introduced. I take this as meaning
> > > a worm like ai effect can alter human behavior.
> > >
> > > Self learning or unsupervised learning is a still unstructured
> > > design capacity.
> > >
> > > objects as being modules were uttered
> > > Probability is an issue. Is it required in an ai?
> > >
> > > The pragmatic expert said basically throw modules/active agents at the
> > > design until you run into a solution.
> > Douglas,
> >
> > Do you think that AIs will group together and form a structure such as the singularity , or do you think that AIs will always just be tools for humans , really in the same class as a hammer?
> Douglas Eagleson <eagleso...@gmail.com>
> 5:51 AM (3 hours ago)
> to comp.ai.philosophy
>
> Ai's will always follow their design. A standard Ai interaction format is in the works I think.
> honest or subversive exploitation is possible. if formed as so, automatic sophistry is possible.
> If the goal is to make a bunch of lemmings using Ai, there will be a deep learning study to detect
> a level of vulnerability in a person by a reaction test agent. This might be termed a singularity,
> a cyclone might be a better word. A mass behavior after learning your status revealed might
> be a second agent effect. Then there becomes the unplanned outcome, simply a non-planned
> accident.
>
> So there is a clear need for Ai's to defend. defend from things like fake media, also. This would be
> a good study to perform to make better outcomes. If designed to do something like a game of
> life algorithm or a hunter prey design, yes there could be singularity. These concerns far exceed
> the abstract hammer

Looks like an automated text generator.

Re: Nvidia AI Conference

<213b9088-b71a-4ab6-9ac4-2d9753130ea8n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=9888&group=comp.ai.philosophy#9888

Newsgroups: comp.ai.philosophy
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2022 08:26:53 -0700 (PDT)
From: eagleson...@gmail.com (Douglas Eagleson)
 by: Douglas Eagleson - Sun, 25 Sep 2022 15:26 UTC

On Sunday, September 25, 2022 at 9:51:46 PM UTC+8, Don Stockbauer wrote:
> On Saturday, September 24, 2022 at 8:29:42 PM UTC-5, Douglas Eagleson wrote:

> > > Douglas,
> > >
> > > Do you think that AIs will group together and form a structure such as the singularity , or do you think that AIs will always just be tools for humans , really in the same class as a hammer?
> > Douglas Eagleson <eagleso...@gmail.com>
> > 5:51 AM (3 hours ago)
> > to comp.ai.philosophy
> >
> > Ai's will always follow their design. A standard Ai interaction format is in the works I think.
> > honest or subversive exploitation is possible. if formed as so, automatic sophistry is possible.
> > If the goal is to make a bunch of lemmings using Ai, there will be a deep learning study to detect
> > a level of vulnerability in a person by a reaction test agent. This might be termed a singularity,
> > a cyclone might be a better word. A mass behavior after learning your status revealed might
> > be a second agent effect. Then there becomes the unplanned outcome, simply a non-planned
> > accident.
> >
> > So there is a clear need for Ai's to defend. defend from things like fake media, also. This would be
> > a good study to perform to make better outcomes. If designed to do something like a game of
> > life algorithm or a hunter prey design, yes there could be singularity. These concerns far exceed
> > the abstract hammer
> Looks like an automated text generator.
just be constructive. That is the first mistake in believing your version of grammar is a logic.

Re: Nvidia AI Conference

<f5d2e535-75b9-44db-95e0-21584bb2f8fen@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=9889&group=comp.ai.philosophy#9889

Newsgroups: comp.ai.philosophy
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2022 09:20:31 -0700 (PDT)
From: donstock...@hotmail.com (Don Stockbauer)
 by: Don Stockbauer - Sun, 25 Sep 2022 16:20 UTC

On Sunday, September 25, 2022 at 10:26:54 AM UTC-5, Douglas Eagleson wrote:
> On Sunday, September 25, 2022 at 9:51:46 PM UTC+8, Don Stockbauer wrote:

> > > Douglas Eagleson <eagleso...@gmail.com>
> > > 5:51 AM (3 hours ago)
> > > to comp.ai.philosophy
> > >
> > > Ai's will always follow their design. A standard Ai interaction format is in the works I think.
> > > honest or subversive exploitation is possible. if formed as so, automatic sophistry is possible.
> > > If the goal is to make a bunch of lemmings using Ai, there will be a deep learning study to detect
> > > a level of vulnerability in a person by a reaction test agent. This might be termed a singularity,
> > > a cyclone might be a better word. A mass behavior after learning your status revealed might
> > > be a second agent effect. Then there becomes the unplanned outcome, simply a non-planned
> > > accident.
> > >
> > > So there is a clear need for Ai's to defend. defend from things like fake media, also. This would be
> > > a good study to perform to make better outcomes. If designed to do something like a game of
> > > life algorithm or a hunter prey design, yes there could be singularity. These concerns far exceed
> > > the abstract hammer
> > Looks like an automated text generator.
> just be constructive. That is the first mistake in believing your version of grammar is a logic.

OK , here's a command for you since we're giving commands : eat more pecans.