From: nospam.g...@f215.n129.z1.fidonet.org (g00r00)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Subject: Re: Use more terminal real estate?
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2022 11:41:16 +1200
 by: g00r00 - Wed, 16 Feb 2022 23:41 UTC

TG> I was wondering if there is an easy way to get Mystic to use more of the
TG> terminal real estate, when that is available?
TG> (e.g. user is using a 120 x 80 terminal).

Yes, Mystic supports larger terminal sizes.

For most of it you'll have to make the theme template files for the screen
sizes you want because the default theme doesn't ship with template files other
than 80x24.

I think there is a message editor template that ships with A47 for terminal
sizes 132x36 or larger as an example but anything else you'd probably have to
create on your own (which is not ideal).

A few of us are working on some theme revamps that will better support this
stuff out the box without you having to create your own screens for it but I am
not sure when I will get that done.

.... Press any key to continue or any other key to quit...

Re: Use more terminal real estate?

<645128914@f1.n770.z58.fidonet.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=992&group=alt.bbs.mystic#992

From: nospam.T...@f1.n770.z58.fidonet.org (Tristan Greaves)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2022 20:14:16 +1200
 by: Tristan Greaves - Thu, 17 Feb 2022 08:14 UTC

Re: Re: Use more terminal real estate?
By: g00r00 to Tristan Greaves on Thu Feb 17 2022 11:41 am

g0> Yes, Mystic supports larger terminal sizes.

g0> For most of it you'll have to make the theme template files for the screen
g0> sizes you want because the default theme doesn't
g0> ship with template files other than 80x24.

g0> I think there is a message editor template that ships with A47 for
g0> terminal sizes 132x36 or larger as an example but anything
g0> else you'd probably have to create on your own (which is not ideal).

g0> A few of us are working on some theme revamps that will better support
g0> this stuff out the box without you having to create
g0> your own screens for it but I am not sure when I will get that done.

Thanks for the update on this. Ideally, what I'm looking for is for the
various screens to be adaptive, e.g. scale to 80x24, 132x36... whatever the
terminal is currently set to. If that's the direction of travel then that
sounds really cool.

Tristan.