Subject: Messenger Error
Newsgroups: comp.sys.acorn.apps
From: tmsmit...@tmsmith36.plus.com (T M Smith)
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2021 14:37:23 GMT
 by: T M Smith - Wed, 1 Dec 2021 14:37 UTC

I am getting an error message when I send emails from Mpro.
The send box comes on screen saying loggin onto to relay.plus.net
followed by 'completed with errors'
If I go to Hermes error log I see 'sending 0001' followed by 'Error:
disconnecting from relay.plus.net'.
Can anyone give any advice on this problem.
Malcolm Smith

--
T M Smith
Using an ARMX6 and RISC OS 5.21 in the North Riding of Yorkshire

Re: Messenger Error

<ee9e889459.chris@mytarbis.plus.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=994&group=comp.sys.acorn.apps#994

From: new...@noonehere.co.uk (Chris Hughes)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.acorn.apps
Subject: Re: Messenger Error
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2021 13:31:48 GMT
 by: Chris Hughes - Thu, 2 Dec 2021 13:31 UTC

In message <06ca0a9459.Broadband@msmith36.plus.com>
T M Smith <tmsmith36@tmsmith36.plus.com> wrote:

> I am getting an error message when I send emails from Mpro.
> The send box comes on screen saying loggin onto to relay.plus.net
> followed by 'completed with errors'
> If I go to Hermes error log I see 'sending 0001' followed by 'Error:
> disconnecting from relay.plus.net'.
> Can anyone give any advice on this problem.
> Malcolm Smith

I suspect you have a stuck email for some reason in the queue, an error in
the email address is a common reason.

I think they are in one of the folders in this location:

!NewsDir.MsgServe.Queue

But first of all have a look at the red mailbox icon at the top bar in the
Messenger Main groups window. Your stuck message should actually be there.

I also notice from your headers you are using a rather old version of
Messenger Pro - the current version is 8.05 you are using 6.06 !

--
Chris Hughes

Re: Messenger Error

<ca99949459.Broadband@msmith36.plus.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=1006&group=comp.sys.acorn.apps#1006

Newsgroups: comp.sys.acorn.apps
From: tmsmit...@tmsmith36.plus.com (T M Smith)
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2021 15:42:40 GMT
 by: T M Smith - Thu, 2 Dec 2021 15:42 UTC

In message <ee9e889459.chris@mytarbis.plus.com>
Chris Hughes <news13@noonehere.co.uk> wrote:

> In message <06ca0a9459.Broadband@msmith36.plus.com>
> T M Smith <tmsmith36@tmsmith36.plus.com> wrote:

>> I am getting an error message when I send emails from Mpro.
>> The send box comes on screen saying loggin onto to relay.plus.net
>> followed by 'completed with errors'
>> If I go to Hermes error log I see 'sending 0001' followed by 'Error:
>> disconnecting from relay.plus.net'.
>> Can anyone give any advice on this problem.
>> Malcolm Smith

> I suspect you have a stuck email for some reason in the queue, an error in
> the email address is a common reason.

> I think they are in one of the folders in this location:

> !NewsDir.MsgServe.Queue

> But first of all have a look at the red mailbox icon at the top bar in the
> Messenger Main groups window. Your stuck message should actually be there.

> I also notice from your headers you are using a rather old version of
> Messenger Pro - the current version is 8.05 you are using 6.06 !

Chris
At last I am able to send emails again after Andrew sorted out my
problems. You were correct in stating it was a 'mail queing' problem but
it was complicated by my clock battery failing and various other faults
contributing or obscuring the situation.
Anyway things seem to be OK again and I have updated my software as well
Thanks for your help
Malcolm Smith