I have hardly ever known a mathematician who was capable of reasoning. -- Plato

computers / comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action / Re: EA's Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes (Re: We should talk about new games we just played!)

SubjectAuthor
* We should talk about new games we just played!Ant
+* Re: We should talk about new games we just played!Spalls Hurgenson
|+* Re: We should talk about new games we just played!Dimensional Traveler
||`* Re: We should talk about new games we just played!Ant
|| `- Re: We should talk about new games we just played!Justisaur
|`- Re: We should talk about new games we just played!Ant
+* Re: We should talk about new games we just played!kyonshi
|`* Re: We should talk about new games we just played!Spalls Hurgenson
| `- Re: We should talk about new games we just played!kyonshi
+* EA's Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes (Re: We should talk about new games we just plaAnt
|+* Re: EA's Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes (Re: We should talk about newJustisaur
||`- Re: EA's Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes (Re: We should talk about newAnt
|`- Re: EA's Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes (Re: We should talk about newAnt
+- Re: We should talk about new games we just played!rms
+* Re: We should talk about new games we just played!rms
|+- Re: We should talk about new games we just played!Justisaur
|`* Re: We should talk about new games we just played!JAB
| `* Re: We should talk about new games we just played!Spalls Hurgenson
|  `* Re: We should talk about new games we just played!JAB
|   `* Re: We should talk about new games we just played!Spalls Hurgenson
|    `* Re: We should talk about new games we just played!JAB
|     `* Re: We should talk about new games we just played!Spalls Hurgenson
|      `- Re: We should talk about new games we just played!JAB
+- R6 Siege (was Re: We should talk about new games we just played!)Ant
+* theHunter: Call of the Wild (was Re: We should talk about new gamesAnt
|`- Re: theHunter: Call of the Wild (was Re: We should talk about new games we just Spalls Hurgenson
+- Chivalry 2 (was Re: We should talk about new games we just played!)Ant
`- Re: Chivalry 2 (was Re: We should talk about new games we justAnt

Pages:12
Re: Chivalry 2 (was Re: We should talk about new games we just played!)

<tn5610$1n75$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=9821&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#9821

From: ant...@zimage.comANT (Ant)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Subject: Re: Chivalry 2 (was Re: We should talk about new games we just
played!)
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2022 10:03:11 -0800
 by: Ant - Sun, 11 Dec 2022 18:03 UTC

I played more online late last night. It's chaotic and fun even if I
sucked. :)

--
Cold rain is here! :O Stuff R breaking again. :( "The Lord your God will
raise up for you a prophet like [Moses] from among your own brothers.
| |o o| | Axe ANT from its address if shown & e-mailing privately.
\ _ / Please kindly use Ant nickname & URL/link if crediting.
( )

Re: We should talk about new games we just played!

<tn6sh9$26pj0$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=9841&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#9841

From: now...@nochance.com (JAB)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Subject: Re: We should talk about new games we just played!
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2022 09:33:28 +0000
 by: JAB - Mon, 12 Dec 2022 09:33 UTC

On 11/12/2022 14:16, Spalls Hurgenson wrote:
> On Sun, 11 Dec 2022 11:05:47 +0000, JAB <noway@nochance.com> wrote:

>>> I don't mind. Obviously, dialogue edited to remove all the
>>> imperfections of normal speech is easier to understand and sounds
>>> better. There's not one of us who hasn't had a brain fart where we go
>>> 'uhhhhhhhhhhhhh' as we struggle to remember a word and I think we -
>>> and our listeners - would be happier if that never happened. There's a
>>> reason most film-makers don't slavishly emulate realistic speech
>>> patterns in their creations.
>>>
>>> So I don't mind the edited variety. But I do notice. ;-)
>>>

>> One of the ones that grates with me, but I also understand why they do
>> it, is one character points something out then another character
>> explains what it means even though it would be obvious to both
>> characters what it means.
>
> "As you know, [explanation]"
> "Yes, I do know, why are you bothering?"
>
> It's a commonly used narrative trope to provide information to the
> reader/viewer (who wouldn't know) by repeating something the character
> is already well aware of. It's considered a very hamfisted way of
> doing things, though, so good writers should try to avoid this and
> provide the information in other ways.
>
> As you know.
>
> ;-)

To make it more interesting the writers should have the first character
say, what are you on about. You can (I've done this at work) do the same
with Star Trek and what it would be like if it was real engineering!

Re: EA's Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes (Re: We should talk about new games we just played!)

<tnga1m$1aar$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=9921&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#9921

From: ant...@zimage.comANT (Ant)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic
Subject: Re: EA's Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes (Re: We should talk about new
games we just played!)
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2022 15:19:18 -0800
 by: Ant - Thu, 15 Dec 2022 23:19 UTC

OK, this game is starting to get boring and repetitive at level 19.
Maybe I will quit it soon!

On 12/6/2022 11:25 AM, Ant wrote:
> I just discovered and briefly played EA's Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes in
> my iPhone 12 mini. It reminded me of the original KOTOR games. I dislike
> its Internet requirement and small screen though.
>

> Ant <ant@zimage.comant> wrote:
>> Instead of waiting for the new month. ;) For me, I played Secret
>> Neighbor: Hello Neighbor Multiplayer on Steam during its free weekend. I
>> played for about 1.5 hours. I had to learn how to play from its
>> tutorials. I played online as a scout since I wanted to shoot
>> slingshots! It was interesting, different, and fun! :D
--
"The angel said to [Mary], 'Do not be afraid, you have found favor with
God. You will be with child and give birth to a son, and you are to give