No amount of careful planning will ever replace dumb luck.

computers / comp.ai.philosophy / Re: The nature of truth itself refutes Tarski undefinability and Gödel Incompleteness

Re: The nature of truth itself refutes Tarski undefinability and Gödel Incompleteness

<j9YwL.238703$gGD7.156915@fx11.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=10308&group=comp.ai.philosophy#10308

Subject: Re:_The_nature_of_truth_itself_refutes_Tarski_undefinab
ility_and_Gödel_Incompleteness
Newsgroups: comp.theory,sci.logic,comp.ai.philosophy
<xnnvL.272004$vBI8.111985@fx15.iad> <tpl5cm$miav$1@dont-email.me>
<e%pvL.15775$eRZ7.4912@fx06.iad> <tpqdnr$1dlu2$1@dont-email.me>
<jt3wL.646164$GNG9.327228@fx18.iad> <tpqhng$1grl0$1@dont-email.me>
<Mj4wL.301456$iU59.47236@fx14.iad> <tpqkig$1grl0$4@dont-email.me>
<DF4wL.301599$iU59.57637@fx14.iad> <tpru4c$1l3cv$1@dont-email.me>
<mEmwL.250371$Tcw8.196338@fx10.iad> <tpv38u$232uj$1@dont-email.me>
<1ZEwL.670303$GNG9.306771@fx18.iad> <tpv7uu$23v3o$1@dont-email.me>
<x_FwL.44910$jiuc.8146@fx44.iad> <tpvagg$2476p$1@dont-email.me>
<PpGwL.51269$5S78.48563@fx48.iad> <tpvd99$24hcb$1@dont-email.me>
<B5HwL.235954$gGD7.160759@fx11.iad> <tq18rt$2ctoh$1@dont-email.me>
<JnWwL.51449$5S78.11560@fx48.iad> <tq1d8m$1vm9$1@gioia.aioe.org>
<6VWwL.77254$Ldj8.25451@fx47.iad> <tq1e8b$g24$1@gioia.aioe.org>
<h9XwL.77255$Ldj8.12507@fx47.iad> <tq1gbn$1fi8$1@gioia.aioe.org>
<L_XwL.238248$gGD7.42427@fx11.iad> <tq1igr$edn$1@gioia.aioe.org>
From: Rich...@Damon-Family.org (Richard Damon)
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2023 14:06:56 -0500
 by: Richard Damon - Sun, 15 Jan 2023 19:06 UTC

On 1/15/23 2:00 PM, olcott wrote:
> On 1/15/2023 12:55 PM, Richard Damon wrote:

>>> All of your Ad Hominem attacks cannot possibly hide the fact that you
>>> are asserting this counter-factual statement:
>>>
>>> when a valid proxy for an argument is defeated this does not defeat the
>>> original argument.
>>>

>> Right, which is what YOU are doing, showing your arguement is INVALID.
>>

> In other words you disagree that correctly refuting a valid proxy for an
> argument does correctly refute the original argument?

VALID is the key word,

Yours isn't (I don't think you actually know the meaning of the words)

And you are an IDIOT to claim it is.

You don't understand what "based" means.

The fact that you can't actually SHOW that your statement is a correct
proxy, and in fact you have claimed that it is "esentially the same
thing" when it isn't, just shows how badly you understand the field.

Your Claim is effectively that it is not a Truth Bearer that a Natural
Number exists (or not exists) that satisfies a specific computable funciton.

That make your logic inconsistent, as there is no middle ground between
existing and not-existing.

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o Re: The nature of truth itself refutes Tarski undefinab

By: olcott on Tue, 10 Jan 2023

94olcott