Newsgroups: comp.ai.philosophy
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2023 06:34:10 -0800 (PST)
<Mj4wL.301456$iU59.47236@fx14.iad> <tpqkig$1grl0$4@dont-email.me>
<DF4wL.301599$iU59.57637@fx14.iad> <tpru4c$1l3cv$1@dont-email.me>
<mEmwL.250371$Tcw8.196338@fx10.iad> <tpv38u$232uj$1@dont-email.me>
<1ZEwL.670303$GNG9.306771@fx18.iad> <tpv7uu$23v3o$1@dont-email.me>
<x_FwL.44910$jiuc.8146@fx44.iad> <tpvagg$2476p$1@dont-email.me>
<PpGwL.51269$5S78.48563@fx48.iad> <tpvd99$24hcb$1@dont-email.me>
<B5HwL.235954$gGD7.160759@fx11.iad> <tq18rt$2ctoh$1@dont-email.me>
<JnWwL.51449$5S78.11560@fx48.iad> <tq3ppj$2p0l5$1@dont-email.me>
<kanxL.272261$Tcw8.207430@fx10.iad> <tq6j0v$3aclv$1@dont-email.me>
<spGxL.21958$eRZ7.17963@fx06.iad> <tqc4n2$1lol0$2@dont-email.me>
<a5nyL.60371$0dpc.12949@fx33.iad> <tqeq6h$26n6q$1@dont-email.me>
<z4DyL.258493$gGD7.69969@fx11.iad> <tqf31u$289qa$1@dont-email.me>
<HiEyL.61875$5S78.5946@fx48.iad> <tqf3ru$289qa$2@dont-email.me>
<1ZEyL.61876$5S78.28225@fx48.iad> <tqfbko$29ppm$1@dont-email.me>
<N8HyL.383074$8_id.222514@fx09.iad> <246eb168-ecae-4563-8666-14d75697c51cn@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re:_The_nature_of_truth_itself_refutes_Tarski_undefi
nability_and_Gödel_Incompleteness_[Haskell_Curry]
From: donstock...@hotmail.com (Don Stockbauer)
 by: Don Stockbauer - Sun, 22 Jan 2023 14:34 UTC

On Saturday, January 21, 2023 at 10:29:32 AM UTC-6, Jeffrey Rubard wrote:
> On Friday, January 20, 2023 at 5:24:00 PM UTC-8, Richard Damon wrote:

> > > It is not a red herring at all. Curry proves that the mathematical
> > > notion of incompleteness itself is incoherent in that Curry sustains
> > > Wittgenstein's notion of true in a formal system.
> > >
> > > That G is unprovable in F merely means that G is untrue in F a triviality.
> > >
> > Please point out WHERE in the page you have cited that he does this.
> >
> > Remeber, the CLASS of statemeents he talks about as "Elementary
> > Statments" that he talks about is NOT a "exhaustive" list of statements
> > that can be formed, but a base set to start from.
> >
> > This is clear from the line you have highlighted pointing out that these
> > statements of are called elementary statements to distinguish them from
> > other statements which we may form from them.
> >
> > Then the "Elementary Theorems" are a SUBSET of these, that are defined
> > to be True in the Theory. Thus, these also are not a complete listing of
> > all true statements in the Theory, but only the set a base truths that
> > we are working from (in addition to the contensive statements that are
> > true indepentent of the Theory).
> >
> > NOTHING on that page limits "True" statements to those things that are
> > provable or only having a FINITE connection to those Elemetary Theories..
> >

> > All this shows is that you don't understand what you are reading, or are
> > just lying.
> "They're just lying?"

how can someone live if they're full of shit I mean it would be like they wouldn't have any of the necessary vital organs like a harder and liver and all that maybe is it because maybe like the phrase you're full of shit is just some kind of like you've euphemisms for simile year or association or something like that is another worse just kind of slang in the person really doesn't think the other guy is full of shit literally because then the person can live in in anyway, you know we really shouldn't call names like Donald Trump knows because if you call people names like that, you'll never be president

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o Re: The nature of truth itself refutes Tarski undefinab

By: olcott on Tue, 10 Jan 2023

94olcott