From: polco...@gmail.com (olcott)
Newsgroups: comp.theory,comp.ai.philosophy,sci.logic,sci.math
Subject: Re: HH(PP,PP) correctly determines that its input never halts
[countability]
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2023 14:16:43 -0600
<tqse0s$s42e$1@dont-email.me> <tqsf9v$s42e$2@dont-email.me>
<1KjAL.437313$iS99.97366@fx16.iad> <lTjAL.46530$4jN7.9315@fx02.iad>
<tqsijg$sqcp$1@dont-email.me> <87pmb2lzln.fsf@bsb.me.uk>
<NinAL.394599$8_id.310302@fx09.iad> <87edrhmqo4.fsf@bsb.me.uk>
<tqu72c$189na$1@dont-email.me> <X8EAL.287634$gGD7.234104@fx11.iad>
<tqv5ov$1d5rh$3@dont-email.me> <KuHAL.486042$vBI8.66295@fx15.iad>
<tqvhev$1ha74$2@dont-email.me> <zeIAL.74214$0dpc.44794@fx33.iad>
<tr1vbm$1sbft$7@dont-email.me> <1v0BL.452923$iS99.172@fx16.iad>
<tr254l$224ep$2@dont-email.me> <AV0BL.508051$vBI8.173568@fx15.iad>
<tr26im$224ep$4@dont-email.me> <xa1BL.47576$4jN7.14231@fx02.iad>
<tr29du$231mi$1@dont-email.me> <tr29q3$1t68s$1@dont-email.me>
<tr2b8a$23dag$1@dont-email.me> <q%8BL.366613$MVg8.343692@fx12.iad>
<tr3g74$29bak$1@dont-email.me> <ALbBL.809006$GNG9.699189@fx18.iad>
<tr3jfc$2a2r2$1@dont-email.me> <v1dBL.137315$5CY7.62662@fx46.iad>
 by: olcott - Sat, 28 Jan 2023 20:16 UTC

On 1/28/2023 11:35 AM, Richard Damon wrote:
> On 1/28/23 11:45 AM, olcott wrote:

>>> Nope, I have given it.

>>> Right, and a sentence that depends on its own truth value (like if H
>>> returns the right value ...) are proved to be able to lead to
>>> cotradictipons.

>>> Right, and you can not create such a chain to the statement you are
>>> making.

>>> So. Red Herring. Means nothing about the error of using a statement
>>> that references its own truth.
>>>
>>> Your statement that H can do xxx if H correctly decides yyy is a
>>> statement of the class that has been proven to lead to logical
>>> paradoxes.
>>>
>>> Such a statement can never be actually connected to previously
>>> accepted truth makers unless you can prove INDEPENDENTLY of that
>>> statement that H does give a correct decision.
>>>
>>> The fact that we know, by definition, that H(D,D) must be 1 to be
>>> correct if D(D) halts,
>>
>> *Changing the subject away from the following is a dishonest dodge*
>>
>> When the first seven instructions of D are correctly simulated by H it
>> can be seen that the simulated D would never stop running unless
>> aborted by H.
>>
>> H: Begin Simulation   Execution Trace Stored at:112ae5
>> Address_of_H:1383
>>   machine   stack     stack     machine    assembly
>>   address   address   data      code       language
>>   ========  ========  ========  =========  =============
>> [000019b3][00112ad1][00112ad5] 55         push ebp       // begin D
>> [000019b4][00112ad1][00112ad5] 8bec       mov ebp,esp
>> [000019b6][00112acd][00102aa1] 51         push ecx
>> [000019b7][00112acd][00102aa1] 8b4508     mov eax,[ebp+08]
>> [000019ba][00112ac9][000019b3] 50         push eax       // push D
>> [000019bb][00112ac9][000019b3] 8b4d08     mov ecx,[ebp+08]
>> [000019be][00112ac5][000019b3] 51         push ecx       // push D
>> [000019bf][00112ac1][000019c4] e8bff9ffff call 00001383  // call H
>> H: Infinitely Recursive Simulation Detected Simulation Stopped
>>
>> *D only stops running when H aborts its simulation of D*

>>> No, you don't understand countability, and are trying to apply it to
>>> a Red Herring. You seem to think that "Computation" == "Sum", which
>>> is just a proof of your ignorance.

>>> It isn't the set of finite strings that is uncountable, it is the set
>>> of mappings every finite string individualy to 0 or 1 that is
>>> uncountable.
>>>

>> You are restricting the set of natural number sums to 1 and 0?
>
> No, I am restricting the output of a decider to accept or reject.
>
> The set of mappings (functions) of N -> N is also an uncountable set,
> but that just shows that not all functions on the Natural Numbers are
> computable. Showing that not a decision functions are computable is a
> stronger statement.
>

>> Sum does not map every set of finite strings of ASCII digits to the
>> sum of these ASCII digit finite strings. It need not do that.
>
> Why do you keep talking about Sum" That is just Herring with Red sauce.

We can transform sum into a simple decider.
A TM decider takes a space delimited finite list of finite strings of
ASCII digits: [0123456789]+ such that the first string is the sum of the
remaining elements. Each element of the list is delimited by a
single space. The last element is marked by four trailing spaces.

IS_SUM computes the sum and compares this computed sum to the first
element on this list. IS_SUM accepts or rejects its input on the basis
that the computed == the first element of its finite list of finite
strings.

IS_SUM need not compute the mapping from every set of finite strings to
its accept or reject state, it only needs to compute the mapping from
any arbitrary element of the finite sets of finite strings of ASCII
digits.

--
Copyright 2023 Olcott "Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o Re: HH(PP,PP) correctly determines that its input never halts

By: olcott on Wed, 25 Jan 2023

145olcott