From: polco...@gmail.com (olcott)
Newsgroups: comp.theory,comp.ai.philosophy,sci.logic,sci.math
Subject: Re: HH(PP,PP) correctly determines that its input never halts
[countability]
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2023 09:21:47 -0600
<tr254l$224ep$2@dont-email.me> <AV0BL.508051$vBI8.173568@fx15.iad>
<tr26im$224ep$4@dont-email.me> <xa1BL.47576$4jN7.14231@fx02.iad>
<tr29du$231mi$1@dont-email.me> <tr29q3$1t68s$1@dont-email.me>
<tr2b8a$23dag$1@dont-email.me> <q%8BL.366613$MVg8.343692@fx12.iad>
<tr3g74$29bak$1@dont-email.me> <ALbBL.809006$GNG9.699189@fx18.iad>
<tr3jfc$2a2r2$1@dont-email.me> <v1dBL.137315$5CY7.62662@fx46.iad>
<tr3vrc$2brj0$1@dont-email.me> <lNfBL.137318$5CY7.33346@fx46.iad>
<tr42be$2clev$1@dont-email.me> <2egBL.137320$5CY7.43068@fx46.iad>
<tr4442$2cvm2$1@dont-email.me> <x%lBL.446226$iU59.247183@fx14.iad>
<tr72v8$3008u$2@dont-email.me> <JNEBL.56568$Lfzc.8999@fx36.iad>
<tr76g7$30htb$3@dont-email.me> <hfFBL.56571$Lfzc.21545@fx36.iad>
<tr77kn$30htb$5@dont-email.me> <ICFBL.148959$PXw7.15829@fx45.iad>
<tr79ua$314l3$3@dont-email.me> <ShGBL.379132$MVg8.373220@fx12.iad>
<tr7jcf$35ano$2@dont-email.me> <AsOBL.97465$SdR7.19119@fx04.iad>
 by: olcott - Mon, 30 Jan 2023 15:21 UTC

On 1/30/2023 6:10 AM, Richard Damon wrote:

>>> Right, countablility of mappings.
>>>
>>> The computability of a single mapping show nothing about the
>>> countability arguement.
>>>
>>> No one says that NO mappings are computable, just that most are not.
>>>

>> No one can show even one mapping of a finite set of string inputs to
>> IS_SUM that is not computable, thus the conclusion that there are more
>> than one counter-example is totally refuted.
>
> ????
>
> You seem to think that is_sum computes multiple mappings.
>
> *A* mapping, as being talked about here, is a complete listing of the
> required output for every possible input.
>
> IS_SUM computes *ONE* mapping of input to output.
>
> Yes, it can computer the
>

>>> You clearly don't understand categorical logic.
>>>

>> Categorically exhaustive reasoning is my key innovation it utterly
>> eliminates the error of omission.
>
> No, it is your key fallicy. You seem to think that a detail analysis of
> one case tells you all you need about every case that you don't look at.
>
> That is just
>

>> If it is impossible to show as many as a single counter-example then we
>> can correctly generalize this to say that more than one counter example
>> also does not exist.
>
> No, you are just using the fallacy of the Red Herring, because you
> demand a counter-example of something that isn't the problem.

If no counter example can be provided that a decision problem is
undecidable then this proves that it is decidable.

> How does your "IS_SUM" machine answer both the question of "is 8 the sum
> of two primes?" and "is 8 a perfect number?" (assuming the first is what
> you are defininig IS_SUM to be, not sure what else you mean, sometime it
> seems like IS_SUM is computing the sum of two numbers give to is, which
> isn't an "IS" question.

IS_SUM determines if its first finite string of ASCII digits is the sum
of its remaining finite list of finite strings of ASCII digits. Maybe
you need to take notes. There is also an adaptation of IS_SUM that takes
arbitrary finite strings.

> Note, these two question both take the SAME input (8), but have
> different outputs,
>
> For IS_SUM_OF_PRIMES, the answer is yes, because 8 = 3 + 5
>
> For IS_PERFECT, the answer is no, because 8 has factors to 1, 2, 4 which
> only total to 7, not 8.
>
> You claim same machine, in is the same, output will be the same, thus
> must give the wrong answer to one of them.

One decision problem per TM. A finite number of different decision
problems could be selected for computation by a single TM when the
ordinal number of the decision problem is the first input parameter.

Every decision problem that operates on a finite set of finite strings
is not uncomputable for any countability reasons.

The most straight forward to validate the Goldbach Conjecture is to
simply test every element of the set of natural numbers. Since this is
not a finite list of inputs it is not computable. Mathematical induction
can be used to algorithmically compress the analysis of some infinite
sets. https://www.britannica.com/science/Goldbach-conjecture

--
Copyright 2023 Olcott "Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o Re: HH(PP,PP) correctly determines that its input never halts

By: olcott on Wed, 25 Jan 2023

145olcott