%DCL-MEM-BAD, bad memory VMS-F-PDGERS, pudding between the ears

computers / comp.ai.philosophy / Re: Introducing the foundation of correct reasoning

Re: Introducing the foundation of correct reasoning

<kMISL.1136768$MVg8.583033@fx12.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=10783&group=comp.ai.philosophy#10783

Subject: Re: Introducing the foundation of correct reasoning
Newsgroups: comp.theory,sci.logic,comp.ai.philosophy,alt.philosophy
From: Rich...@Damon-Family.org (Richard Damon)
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2023 15:35:44 -0400
 by: Richard Damon - Wed, 22 Mar 2023 19:35 UTC

On 3/22/23 3:25 PM, olcott wrote:
> On 3/19/2023 2:21 PM, olcott wrote:

>>> If a semantic connection exists then this semantic connection can be
>>> specified syntactically.
>>>
>>> If G states that there is no syntactic connection from the elementary
>>> theorems of F to G in F, then G is stating that G is untrue in F.
>>
>> The conventional proof that G is true is not a proof that G is true in
>> F, it is a proof that G is true in meta-F.
>>
>> LP = "This sentence is not true"
>> is not true because LP is not a truth bearer
>>
>> This sentence is not true: "This sentence is not true"
>> is true because LP is not a truth bearer.
>>
>> G = "this sentence cannot be proven in F"
>> cannot be proven in F because G has a vacuous truth object.
>>
>> ?- G = not(provable(F, G)).
>>
>> ?- unify_with_occurs_check(G, not(provable(F, G))).
>> false.
>>
>> Proves that G has a vacuous truth object.
>>

> We are therefore confronted with a proposition which asserts its own
> unprovability. (Gödel 1931:39-41)

Right, which isn't G itself, but something derived from it in Meta-F

Read the proof you have posted, keep track of what system he is talking
about.

Your just PROVING that you don't actually understand what the proof is
about.

> Thus Gödel's G is simplified to this:
> G = ¬(F ⊢ G)

Nope, it says that G is true if and only if it is not true that F proves
G, as proven in Meta-F

> Translated into Prolog like this:
> ?- G = not(provable(F, G)).

Nop,e as that ISN'T G, only the statment PROVEN to have and equivalent
truth value ot G.

Note, Prolog is incapable of handling this level of Logic.

Can you use Prolog to prove the Pythagorean Theorem?

> Found to be incorrect by this:
> ?- unify_with_occurs_check(G, not(provable(F, G))).
> false

Which just means that it is beyond Prolog

Also, since you LIED to Prolog, doesn't mean anything.

> Because the Prolog G has an “uninstantiated subterm of itself” we can
> know that unification will fail because it specifies “some kind of
> infinite structure.”The quotes come from: (Clocksin and Mellish 2003:255)

Right, because the logic of the system exceeds the capabilities of Prolog.

> So G is unprovable in F because G is incorrect, thus not because F is
> incomplete.

Nope, Since you have shown you don't understand what G actually is, your
logic is incorret.

IF G is incorrect, then there must exist a number that matches the
Primative Recursive Relationship, and thus from the proof in Meta-F, we
know that G is provable, so by your logic, you logic system can prove an
incorrect statement, and thus is shown to be inconsistent.

Of course, since you don't understand what G is, even though you have
presented the paper (translated) of the proof, you are showing that this
is above your head, just shows how little you understand about logic.

>> This sentence cannot be proven: "this sentence cannot be proven in F"
>> is true because G has a vacuous truth object.
>>
>> TT = "This sentenced is true"
>> is not true because TT has a vacuous truth object.
>>
>> This sentence is true.
>> What is it true about?
>> It is true about being true.
>> What is it true about being true about?
>> It is true about being true about being true...

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o Introducing the foundation of correct reasoning

By: olcott on Sat, 18 Mar 2023

21olcott