Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2022 14:40:59 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: The privacy site which told the truth about Proton Mail has been
taken down
From: patreon...@gmail.com (Brendon O'Connell II)
 by: Brendon O'Conne - Fri, 15 Jul 2022 21:40 UTC

On Thursday, September 2, 2021 at 7:12:10 PM UTC-7, Nomen Nescio wrote:
> The truth does not always will out. it didn't for
> https://privacy-watchdog.io/truth-about-protonmail/
>
> Here are a few more pages which have incriminating evidence regarding
> Proton Mail not being secure.
>
> https://patriots4truth.org/2021/06/24/protonmail-is-spying-mail/
>
> https://sac.politics.narkive.com/NOlNcdg0/the-truth-about-protonmail
> +++
> This is only one of the articles from the now extinct privacy-
> watchdog site.
>
> https://privacy-watchdog.io/truth-about-protonmail/
>
> privacy-watchdog.io The Truth About Protonmail - Privacy Watchdog by
> Watchdog
>
> 1.Protonmail Behaves like a CIA/NSA “Honeypot”
>
> Protonmail has an Onion domain that allows users to visit their site
> using the TOR browser. Protonmail even has an SSL cert for that onion
> address even though it’s completely unnecessary. When a user makes a
> new account with Protonmail on TOR they are re-directed from
> Protonmail’s “.onion” to “.com” address. This breaks your secure
> encrypted connection to their onion address, enabling your
> identification. There are absolutely no technical reasons for this
> feature. In fact, the only other websites that operate like this are
> suspected NSA/CIA Honeypots.
>
> This is a huge security issue that was either created because
> Protonmail is managed by Particle physicists who do not understand
> computer security OR they have been forced to operate their website in
> a similar way as CIA/NSA honeypots. Both possibilities are serious
> concerns.
>
> 2. Protonmail Does Not Provide “End to End Encryption”
>
> Professor Nadim Kobeissi mathematically proved that Protonmail does
> not provide End to End Encryption. Meaning, Protonmail has the ability
> to decrypt their own user’s data. When this was shown to be true,
> Protonmail users were outraged they had been lied to. Protonmail was
> forced to issue a public statement. Their statement begins like you
> would expect it would.. by shitting on the security researcher that
> revealed their dishonesty. Then they continued to say: “We lied to our
> users because other email companies did”. No apologies. They can
> decrypt any of their user’s data be sending them scripts that allow
> them to do so. However they advertise that they can not. Protonmail’s
> admission proves they offer the same security that Gmail offers. Both
> Gmail and Protonmail offer encryption that they can decrypt whenever
> they want.
>
> 3. Protonmail’s Was Created Under CIA/NSA Oversight
>
> Gmail & Protonmail were both created in CIA/NSA funded departments
> with their oversight. Protonmail has tried to hide this part of their
> history. We wrote a whole article about it here.
>
> 4.Protonmail is Part Owned by CRV and the Swiss Government
>
> After a successful crowdfunding campaign with promises to “remain
> independent” Protonmail sold equity ownership to CRV and FONGIT. At
> [...]

They just admitted to me in an email they can read my subject lines and sender recipients address.

https://www.patreon.com/posts/69128803

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o The privacy site which told the truth about Proton Mail has been

By: Nomen Nescio on Fri, 3 Sep 2021

19Nomen Nescio