Newsgroups: comp.arch.embedded
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2023 15:24:17 -0700 (PDT)
<40aa56ff-c2a7-48f3-99e0-8c50322b1187n@googlegroups.com> <878rfnihti.fsf@nightsong.com>
<579cd7b3-b5ae-41ef-acd1-1f57eacd11c4n@googlegroups.com> <k85gpoFdvftU4@mid.dfncis.de>
<kJc*RX2bz@news.chiark.greenend.org.uk> <dd4c443b-69fe-4c40-95e4-45dce5ab0e83n@googlegroups.com>
<tvl8jl$1rn25$3@dont-email.me> <cc45a881-41d4-4f9d-bda1-11cd72c6d3d1n@googlegroups.com>
<1q7v1i9esk6kevvk3um2qf8461a40odt5o@4ax.com> <ee346548-554a-4f03-8222-7568117fe9e2n@googlegroups.com>
<slrnu213js.2m8.jj@iridium.wf32df> <tvq9jk$2remq$3@dont-email.me>
<tvqa5a$2remq$4@dont-email.me> <tvqbaq$2remq$6@dont-email.me>
<1df505f0-3b7f-4760-96fd-24329bd9757an@googlegroups.com> <tvr2m0$323gl$1@dont-email.me>
<db00170b-2fe8-4ac9-b19c-5b29d2e15c8dn@googlegroups.com> <tvsfqr$39kg3$2@dont-email.me>
<2722f21c-fb51-4f5a-a62e-d03eba7a3e18n@googlegroups.com> <tvst36$3c0ts$1@dont-email.me>
<e5eb3680-693f-4650-aab2-6ed9ee36f33bn@googlegroups.com> <tvt42s$3dd67$1@dont-email.me>
Subject: Re: Boxed MCU with RS-232 Port
From: gnuarm.d...@gmail.com (Rick C)
 by: Rick C - Mon, 27 Mar 2023 22:24 UTC

On Monday, March 27, 2023 at 6:07:29 PM UTC-4, Don Y wrote:
> On 3/27/2023 2:50 PM, Rick C wrote:

> >> Wow, had you put this much effort into YOUR problem, you could have put
> >> a SoC on a board and written the page of code it would take to suit your
> >> problem. The BALANCE of the time, you could have ASSEMBLED the boards
> >> into boxes!
> >>
> >> It's now 27 March. Your initial post was 17 January. A productive two months
> >> for you, eh?
> >
> > Some people think small. I'm currently negotiating a multi-million dollar job. This design is actually for my brother who needs a gadget and so far, has not been able to find anyone to help him. There are a few people who have contacted me here and one from another group. I expect one of them will turn out to be a good choice.
> "Multi-million dollar job". And you're dicking around with nickels and
> dimes? Buy 20 BRAND SPANKING NEW pc's and be done with it!

You continue to not understand the application, yet you feel qualified to recommend solutions. Yes, you are very much the sort of consultant that gives the group as a whole, a bad name.

> Wow, what a great businessman -- not!
> > Thanks for your concern about the use of my time.
> I'd hate to see you waste it -- as you have, ours!

I can't waste your time. That is entirely up to you. I'm finding the rather entertaining. Nothing technical arising from the discussion with you, but at this point, it's exploring your compulsive responses to everything I post.

--

Rick C.

++--- Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
++--- Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o Boxed MCU with RS-232 Port

By: Rick C on Tue, 17 Jan 2023