Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Thu, 25 May 2023 04:53:21 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Carplay isn't Siri...
From: thomas.e...@gmail.com (Thomas E.)
 by: Thomas E. - Thu, 25 May 2023 11:53 UTC

On Monday, May 22, 2023 at 6:30:14 PM UTC-4, Alan wrote:
> On 2023-05-21 04:48, Thomas E. wrote:

> Notice they never once call speaking an address after selecting

> Use Siri to ask a question or to do something. Siri: Say something

> In any event when I try to get that location via Siri on my

> >> Yes. I am by my nature, very honest.
> >> So that is a CHOICE Apple has made; most likely because they want
> >> you to not interact with a touchscreen unless there is no other
> >> way.
> >> So? How is that relevant?
> >> Yup. iOS. Map screen, tap text entry box, tap microphone icon in
> >> keyboard.
> >> Stop mixing these two things up.
> >> Because, you incredible simpleton:
> >>
> >> SIRI IS NOT JUST VOICE RECOGNITION.
> >>
> >> You can use Siri while you happen to be looking at the Maps app...
> >>
> >> ...because Siri can do other things!
> >>
> >> You're not using Google's equivalent of Siri when you tap the
> >> microphone icon from within Google maps. That is equivalent to
> >> tapping the microphone icon in Apple

> So, just by retraining "Hey Siri", you should know that Siri does a lot
> >> more than just allow you to get directions.

> >> Why? Because you are a liar done to your core.
> >>
> >> Note an issue that you need to consider:
> >>
> >> Can Siri tell if you said:
> >>
> >> "go to one two nine nine nine"
> >>
> >> or
> >>
> >> "go two one two nine nine nine"
> >>
> >> ...hmmm?
> >>
> >> And show a different outcome for your home address...
> >>
> >> ...because you used a different method to invoke Siri.
> >>
> >> You it the "Search" button within the Maps app, so Siri already
> >> knows that whatever you say next is going to be a destination. The
> >> clue was Siri saying "Directions to where?".
> >>
> >> And "Corsair Field, Danville Indiana" is a VERY obscure CLUB. Not
> >> a business at all.
> >>
> >> "Indianapolis R/C flyers, [mumble]town" is actually called
> >> "Indianapolis R/C MODELLERS", but that was just an error on your
> >> part, right, Little Shit?
> >>
> >> And this isn't about Siri being perfect. It's about you (now)
> >> deliberately misusing it to try to "prove" your points.
> >>
> >> But you'd better use Google Maps in CarPlay while you're parked,
> >> him...
> >>
> >> ...anyone can see how long your attention would have to be on a
> >> touchscreen rather than on the road.
> >>
> >> As for not finding "baker media vancouver"...
> >>
> >> ...the only possible purpose for that is your continued attempt to
> >> stalk/dox me.
> >>
> >> And Siri's successes and failures have NOTHING to do with whether
> >> you are inside or outside your garage.
> >>
> >> If you think any of this is at all based on "cell reception",
> >> you're not just a liar... ...you're an ignoramus. Siri, Apple Maps
> >> (and not it isn't "Apple Maps in Siri"; that's just another
> >> stunning misunderstanding of what is going on) and Google Maps both
> >> use voice-to-text processing to convert what you say into text and
> >> then used their designed processes to search their respective
> >> databases for an answer.

> [...]

No, the video was not edited. When I started the video session I saw the issue, then started over.

As for "Siri", when I use that word I refer to the system, including underlying components.

You lied in the subject line "CarPlay isn't Siri" That implies you can use CarPlay without Siri. You can't.

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o Carplay isn't Siri...

By: Alan on Sat, 13 May 2023

17Alan