Live Free or Live in Massachusetts.

computers / comp.theory / Re: André doesn't know Rice's Theorem [ Malcolm ]

Re: André doesn't know Rice's Theorem [ Malcolm ]

<NpmdnV9AwpJkV538nZ2dnUU7-QXNnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=19053&group=comp.theory#19053

Subject: Re:_André_doesn't_know_Rice's_Theorem_[_Malc
olm_]
Newsgroups: comp.theory
<dLudnbEJjIhIrGP9nZ2dnUU7-dPNnZ2d@giganews.com> <sdlg2u$tth$1@dont-email.me>
<g5Cdndhbg9ImWWP9nZ2dnUU7-S3NnZ2d@giganews.com> <sdmmo7$72r$1@dont-email.me>
<_7OdnVI71OcgeGP9nZ2dnUU7-UXNnZ2d@giganews.com> <sdmqm4$2hr$1@dont-email.me>
<ZNCdndMEKogNmGL9nZ2dnUU7-KvNnZ2d@giganews.com> <sdn40f$5ea$1@dont-email.me>
<IYGdnV9avtZj0mL9nZ2dnUU7-d-dnZ2d@giganews.com> <sdnjhs$30s$1@dont-email.me>
<QNOdnRIn-O3-xmL9nZ2dnUU7-fvNnZ2d@giganews.com> <sdnn91$k7p$1@dont-email.me>
<tbGdnZb32okl_GL9nZ2dnUU7-UvNnZ2d@giganews.com> <sdnrb7$al5$1@dont-email.me>
<PMCdnSCWQLiK5mL9nZ2dnUU7-S_NnZ2d@giganews.com> <sdnua6$n7p$1@dont-email.me>
<zPudnUgsAvKV42L9nZ2dnUU7-fXNnZ2d@giganews.com> <sdo03c$uid$1@dont-email.me>
<d619424f-35d7-4fc2-bc33-d4b0bdb57966n@googlegroups.com>
<m-mdnbNOsMXYuJ38nZ2dnUU7-YnNnZ2d@giganews.com> <sdpf12$ij8$1@dont-email.me>
<d46dnQp1b-ua3p38nZ2dnUU7-d_NnZ2d@giganews.com> <sdpnjb$1q3$1@dont-email.me>
From: NoO...@NoWhere.com (olcott)
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2021 22:11:53 -0500
 by: olcott - Wed, 28 Jul 2021 03:11 UTC

On 7/27/2021 2:42 PM, André G. Isaak wrote:
> On 2021-07-27 11:31, olcott wrote:

>>> What exactly is the 'global simulator'?
>>>
>>> You used to have something called a 'global halt decider' but
>>> according to you this *also* wrongly decides that P(P) doesn't halt.
>>>
>>> And in previous posts you've claimed that a 'pure simulation' of P(P)
>>> doesn't halt. Now your saying that it *does* halt inside a 'global
>>> simulator'? So what's the difference between a 'global' simulator and
>>> a 'pure simulator'? Why do you claim it halts in one and not in the
>>> other?

>>> Again, does P(P) != H(P,P) mean that the halting status of P(P)
>>> doesn't match H(P,P),
>>
>> Since I already totally explained this immediately above and your
>
> Not clearly, you didn't. P(P) != H(P, P) is an abuse of notation,
> because you're comparing apples and oranges. This should either mean
> 'the halting status of P(P) doesn't equal the halting status of H(P,P)'

Simulate(P,P)==1 indicates that the global simulator embedded in the
x86utm operating system has determined that the function called by main
has reached its final state.

There will not actually be any function call Simulate(P,P) per say and
this code has not been designed yet.

The very easy part that you should have understood many messages ago is
that when the code somehow determines that the halt decider return value
is not consistent with the behavior of P this is freaking used to
freaking refute Rice.

Yo argued against even considering Rice because you Are stuck in
rebuttal mode. This bias is a form of dishonesty.

--
Copyright 2021 Pete Olcott

minds." Einstein

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o Black box halt decider is NOT a partial decider

By: Mr Flibble on Mon, 19 Jul 2021

524Mr Flibble