The memory management on the PowerPC can be used to frighten small children. -- Linus Torvalds

computers / comp.theory / Re: How do we know H(P,P)==0 is the correct halt status for the input to H?

Re: How do we know H(P,P)==0 is the correct halt status for the input to H?

<od2dndsilOdCBoD8nZ2dnUU7-UPNnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=19934&group=comp.theory#19934

Subject: Re: How do we know H(P,P)==0 is the correct halt status for the input
to H?
Newsgroups: comp.theory
<2rSdnfB8eLnVRYb8nZ2dnUU7-b_NnZ2d@giganews.com> <LtXSI.32$tv2.30@fx45.iad>
<HMCdnaohdr_m2IH8nZ2dnUU7-d3NnZ2d@giganews.com> <ZMYSI.11$Oz2.8@fx47.iad>
<TdqdnUhYw5KvwYH8nZ2dnUU7-ffNnZ2d@giganews.com> <EcZSI.233$kr4.37@fx48.iad>
<XNudnXSIDcuj_IH8nZ2dnUU7-efNnZ2d@giganews.com> <utZSI.8$LV.5@fx05.iad>
<B_udnbM9Dd6R-IH8nZ2dnUU7-R-dnZ2d@giganews.com> <mGZSI.5$S25.3@fx11.iad>
<s8GdnVpbercE94H8nZ2dnUU7-d3NnZ2d@giganews.com> <Fm_SI.15$Oz2.13@fx47.iad>
<8sGdndqWyfAU6IH8nZ2dnUU7-dPNnZ2d@giganews.com> <MS_SI.222$Nc1.145@fx34.iad>
<QrOdnYXCAMdJ5oH8nZ2dnUU7-W3NnZ2d@giganews.com> <Jf%SI.430$Uc5.280@fx44.iad>
<1amdnQKZhuSXFYH8nZ2dnUU7-c2dnZ2d@giganews.com> <Af5TI.23$Oz2.6@fx47.iad>
<Ee6dnb19NpQyjID8nZ2dnUU7-V3NnZ2d@giganews.com> <eWgTI.5$7n1.4@fx27.iad>
From: NoO...@NoWhere.com (olcott)
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2021 18:46:36 -0500
 by: olcott - Wed, 18 Aug 2021 23:46 UTC

On 8/18/2021 6:43 PM, Richard Damon wrote:
> On 8/18/21 9:57 AM, olcott wrote:

>>> Not what I said.
>>>

>> It is what you implied.
>>
>>> H does affect the machine that uses it.
>>>

>> H has no effect on the machine that it simulates until after its halt
>> status decision has been made. This conclusively proves that H can
>> ignore its in execution trace during its halt status analysis.
>
> No, that is NOT a proof. What establish axiom or theorem are you basing
> this 'proof' on.

That you fail to comprehend what I say counts as less than no rebuttal
at all. A rebuttal requires a sequence of valid deductive logical
inference beginning with premises that can be verified as true.

The meaning of my above words prove that they are true.

--
Copyright 2021 Pete Olcott

minds." Einstein

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o How do we know H(P,P)==0 is the correct halt status for the input to

By: olcott on Sat, 14 Aug 2021

470olcott