From: polco...@gmail.com (olcott)
Newsgroups: comp.theory
Subject: Re: The key mistake of the Peter Linz HP proof
Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2021 10:19:11 -0500
 by: olcott - Sat, 4 Sep 2021 15:19 UTC

On 9/4/2021 10:16 AM, Richard Damon wrote:
> On 9/4/21 10:58 AM, olcott wrote:

>>> Since Execution Trace is NOT defined as an input to that Computation
>>> (the only inputs are the representation of the machine and its input),
>>> the dependency of the result on that just proves that H and H1 are not
>>> properly Computation, and thus not eligable to be a Decider.
>>>
>>> PERIOD. DEFINITION.
>>
>> The input to the halt deciders is their different execution trace thus
>> the halt deciders are a pure function of their input.
>
> No, The input to the Halt Deciders are the representation of the Machine
> and its input.

That is not an input to the halt deciders, that it an input to the
simulators.

--
Copyright 2021 Pete Olcott "Great spirits have always encountered
violent opposition from mediocre minds." Einstein

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o The key mistake of the Peter Linz HP proof

By: olcott on Sat, 4 Sep 2021

50olcott