From: thh...@thh.name (Thomas Hochstein)
Newsgroups: news.admin.hierarchies
Subject: Re: Newsgroups for NoCeM notices
Date: Fri, 19 May 2023 21:58:51 +0200
 by: Thomas Hochstein - Fri, 19 May 2023 19:58 UTC

/me wrote:

> Julien ÉLIE schrieb:
>> My question here is: are there other (regional) hierarchies with
>> similarly a local newsgroup for NoCeM?
>> It does not seem at least that de.*, uk.* or it.* have one.
>
> We had one (de.admin.news.nocem), created in 1999; it has been removed in
> 2006 as it hadn't been used for years.

Later on, from 2007 to 2011, Alexander Bartolich posted his NOCEMs to
de.admin.net-abuse.announce (and news.lists.filters).

This was not really content that group was intended for, as per the
charter:

| de.admin.net-abuse.announce dient der Veröffentlichung von
| Maßnahmen gegen den Netzmissbrauch, soweit sie im
| deutschsprachigen Raum ihren Ursprung oder Wirkung haben.
| Darunter fallen z.B. Fremdcancel in den de.all-Gruppen, UDP
| (Usenet-Death-Penalty), Schließung von Gateways etc. Die
| Diskussion wird in den anderen Gruppen von de.admin.net-
| abuse.all geführt. Geeignetes Followup-To: ist zu setzen.

meaning

| de.admin.net-abuse.announce is used to publish measures against net
| abuse, insofar as they originate or have an effect in German-speaking
| countries. This includes, for example, foreign cancels in the de.all
| groups, UDP (Usenet Death Penalty), closure of gateways, etc. The
| discussion will take place in the other groups of
| de.admin.net-abuse.all. Appropriate Followup-To: is to be set.

But one could argue that NOCEMs are a special kind of cancel report, and
he was the moderator of that group anyway (until his death, and about 10
years more), so it was what it was. :)

We could do that again, if necessary.

-thh

SubjectRepliesAuthor