From: bill.sti...@innocent.com (William Stickers)
Newsgroups: alt.free.newsservers,alt.paul-derbyshire.fix.it.now
Subject: Re: Someone here is causing kensi problems, and that I cannot permit to continue
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2023 21:57:24 +0100
 by: William Stickers - Tue, 28 Mar 2023 20:57 UTC

Paul Derbyshire 'Nadegda' wrote:

> [...]
> of putting boots on the ground pretty much anywhere on the planet, so
> likely either one of the larger mafias or a nation-state actor. The
> most aggressive in recent years have been Russia and the United States
> and the most censorious has tended to be China, so it's a three-way
> toss-up who's responsible, if it *is* a nation-state actor. Though I'd
> have expected China *and* Russia to settle for Great Firewalling all
> Usenet servers within their respective territories, so I'm leaning
> toward the good ol' US of A as the likely culprit here.
>
> The question then becomes: Why? And why *now*?
>
> But more likely it's the hacker scenario, in which case given their
> known proclivities for doxxing and their hatred for kensi it's a fair
> bet that it's one of the old-guard AUKers who's behind this. The idiot
> took down AIOE first, and when I taunted that that isn't even the server
> kensi uses these days, mixmin is, a few days later, bam! There goes
> mixmin.
>
> So I suppose I bear some small portion of culpability. But the bulk of
> your ire should be reserved for whichever asshole is willing to wreck
> things for thousands of people and blackmail at least two of them just
> to harass one ...
>
> As for who that might be, I've no idea. Most of kensi's opponents who
> had any sort of technical know-how (K-man in particular) melted down
> years ago and vanished off the face of the 'net. And none of them
> seemed to have *enough* technical know-how to pull off something of
> this magnitude. The closest any of them ever came was murphy, perhaps;
> he attempted to dox *me* roughly a decade ago, even going so far as
> to post a photo online of "my" house (needless to say he was off by
> several thousand miles, and we all had a good laugh before nominating
> him for a Pickett's Charge for going RL on one of his opponents, an
> award he subsequently won by a landslide). With "competence" of this
> magnitude it seems doubtful he could have successfully doxxed both
> Paolo Amoroso *and* Steve Crook sufficiently to have blackmail material
> on them both.
>
> If I *had* to hazard a guess as to the identity of the guilty party,
> I'd say Sn!pe. He's made his antipathy for no-registration news servers
> plain on multiple occasion, and it is exceeded only by his antipathy
> for kensi. And although he's quiet about it it's clear he has more than
> the average amount of technical knowledge, though it's less clear how
> *much* more. He might have been hiding the full magnitude of his
> capabilities, not least because he was planning to use them for criminal
> purposes and preferred *not* to be at the top of Scotland Yard's suspect
> list when that time came. (Unfortunately for him, that didn't pan out.
> Worse still, he's at the top of *my* suspect list, and even more
> frightening for him, he will likely soon be at the top of *kensi*'s. He'd
> better start running *now*, if he is in fact the guilty party!)

Yikes!

> One more thing to note in all of this: the perpetrator would simply have
> blackmailed kensi herself, if he could, before resorting to this Rube
> Goldbergian scheme to destroy *every single news server* kensi has ever
> posted through. He was subsequently able to easily amass blackmail
> material against 2 generally well-regarded server admins. Make of that
> what you will.
>
> (The correct answer, obviously, is "kensi is squeaky clean". <snicker>)

You're getting your knickers in a lather over nothing.
Paolo is reportedly ill and has other more pressing
things to worry about and Steve Crook has posted that he
has more important things to attend to, so if his server
has a hiccup, it just has to wait until he finds the time
to fix it. It sounds a lot to me like he can't be arsed
with it anymore. And I don't blame either of them for
that. Supplying free usenet so silly little wankers like
you can piss about annoying everybody prolly isn't what
they intended when they opened their servers to everyone.
So with free servers dying you have a choice. Pay for a
block, or find another free one.
And if Kensi isn't a co-sock of yours, what's the problem
with 'her' using the same NSP as you? What's the reason
'she' won't sign up to Ray's server?

BTW, show us yer tits, Paul!

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o Someone here is causing kensi problems, and that I cannot permit to

By: Nadegda on Sun, 26 Mar 2023

105Nadegda