From: hollowgr...@rnsn.corn (Checkmate)
Newsgroups: alt.free.newsservers
Subject: Re: Someone here is causing kensi problems, and that I cannot permit to continue
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2023 15:14:09 -0700
 by: Checkmate - Tue, 28 Mar 2023 22:14 UTC

Checkmate.

On Tue, 28 Mar 2023 18:01:19 +0100, Sn!pe had the audacity to say the
following:

> Richmond <dnomhcir@gmx.com> wrote:
>
> > Nadegda <nad318b404@gmail.invalid> writes:
> >
> > > Time to trigger the right-wing snowflakes again. Melt, snowflakes, melt!

> > > kensi reports no joy trying with "fleegle.mixmin.net" in place of
> > > "news.mixmin.net".

> > > Well, *that* is a *very* bad sign. Letting domain names lapse is generally
> > > a sign of complete abandonment, at least when accompanied by other things
> > > being broken rather than happening in isolation.
> > >
> > > I think we have a serious problem here, and it's much larger than just
> > > some glitch at one single news server. It looks like someone is killing
> > > off free newsservers one by one. The lack of meaningful communication
> > > from their (former?) admins is suggestive of their arms being twisted.
> > > It looks like they're being forced to sabotage, or at least cease
> > > maintaining, their servers, and also ordered not to say anything about
> > > this in public. Whoever's doing this is able to make credible threats
> > > with international reach, so either we're dealing with a serious hacker
> > > who has the skillz to dig up dirt on pretty much anyone they want to
> > > and then threaten to expose it, or we're dealing with someone capable
> > > of putting boots on the ground pretty much anywhere on the planet, so
> > > likely either one of the larger mafias or a nation-state actor. The
> > > most aggressive in recent years have been Russia and the United States
> > > and the most censorious has tended to be China, so it's a three-way
> > > toss-up who's responsible, if it *is* a nation-state actor. Though I'd
> > > have expected China *and* Russia to settle for Great Firewalling all
> > > Usenet servers within their respective territories, so I'm leaning
> > > toward the good ol' US of A as the likely culprit here.
> > >
> > > The question then becomes: Why? And why *now*?
> > >
> > > But more likely it's the hacker scenario, in which case given their
> > > known proclivities for doxxing and their hatred for kensi it's a fair
> > > bet that it's one of the old-guard AUKers who's behind this. The idiot
> > > took down AIOE first, and when I taunted that that isn't even the server
> > > kensi uses these days, mixmin is, a few days later, bam! There goes
> > > mixmin.
> > >
> > > So I suppose I bear some small portion of culpability. But the bulk of
> > > your ire should be reserved for whichever asshole is willing to wreck
> > > things for thousands of people and blackmail at least two of them just
> > > to harass one ...
> > >
> > > As for who that might be, I've no idea. Most of kensi's opponents who
> > > had any sort of technical know-how (K-man in particular) melted down
> > > years ago and vanished off the face of the 'net. And none of them
> > > seemed to have *enough* technical know-how to pull off something of
> > > this magnitude. The closest any of them ever came was murphy, perhaps;
> > > he attempted to dox *me* roughly a decade ago, even going so far as
> > > to post a photo online of "my" house (needless to say he was off by
> [...]

The jig is up, Burdbrane! I knew NaDDlebeRRy would figure it out.

--
Checkmate ®
Copyright © 2023

"its usually the lesser intelligent person , that comments
on the more intelligent person's , lack of intelligents
and we all think what we do has major significants"

-David Keeting, in perhaps the most ironic statement
ever made on Usenet.

https://youtu.be/wT-8Dm1VThc

https://youtu.be/NxSj2T2vx7M

Footloose! https://youtu.be/mXfVaXjBFK4

Kensi, "doing a little victory dance"
https://youtu.be/obInNk448nI
kensi." -Nadegda

Author, Humorist, Cynic
Philosopher, Humanitarian
Poet, Elektrishun to the Stars
Usenet Shot-Caller

In loving memory of The Battle Kitten
May 2010-February 12, 2017

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o Someone here is causing kensi problems, and that I cannot permit to

By: Nadegda on Sun, 26 Mar 2023

105Nadegda