Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2021 10:31:24 -0600
Subject: Re: Concise refutation of halting problem proofs V38 [ Olcott 2021
generic halt deciding principle ]
Newsgroups: comp.theory
<87lf0ulp2g.fsf@bsb.me.uk> <1YSdnQI1rvbGqSz8nZ2dnUU7-IvNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<87fsr2lewq.fsf@bsb.me.uk> <TbWdndSCEsOUzS_8nZ2dnUU7-W2dnZ2d@giganews.com>
<87bl1pjwgw.fsf@bsb.me.uk> <sotu71$iod$1@dont-email.me>
<87tufhid2q.fsf@bsb.me.uk> <IvGdnRnnzf8PBy_8nZ2dnUU7-V_NnZ2d@giganews.com>
<87lf0ti2kq.fsf@bsb.me.uk> <hNKdnSG3757sVC_8nZ2dnUU7-LfNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<3hAsJ.82185$JZ3.71147@fx05.iad>
<W8CdnceIVa7oSS_8nZ2dnUU7-KHNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<cYAsJ.137744$qz4.88435@fx97.iad>
<Fo6dnQhk85KC7C78nZ2dnUU7-KXNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<l1LsJ.35118$452.7592@fx22.iad>
From: NoO...@NoWhere.com (olcott)
 by: olcott - Fri, 10 Dec 2021 16:31 UTC

On 12/10/2021 10:14 AM, Richard Damon wrote:

>>> No, it doesn't. You just can't keep the full problem in your head.
>>>
>>> H needs to be a defined algorithm which can process ANY input that
>>> represents a computation, and tell if that computation will finish
>>> running or continue to run forever.
>>

>> Ĥ.q0 ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⊢* Ĥ.qx ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⊢* Ĥ.qn
>> if Ĥ applied to ⟨Ĥ⟩ does not halt.
>>
>> We have to start with this:
>> Ĥ.qx ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⟨Ĥ⟩ is not reporting on whether or not Ĥ.q0 ⟨Ĥ⟩ halts.
>
> What else does H^ applied to <H^> Mean then?

Simulating halt decider Ĥ.qx *is deciding whether or not a pure
simulation of its input ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⟨Ĥ⟩ would ever reach a final state of this
same input*

--
Copyright 2021 Pete Olcott

Talent hits a target no one else can hit;
Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Arthur Schopenhauer

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o Concise refutation of halting problem proofs V38 [ Olcott 2021

By: olcott on Wed, 8 Dec 2021

68olcott