Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2022 13:32:56 -0600
Subject: Re: Concise refutation of halting problem proofs V45 [honest
dialogue]
Newsgroups: comp.theory
<YMSdnYCaDMRsok78nZ2dnUU7-cPNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<eIHAJ.43031$a24.41372@fx13.iad>
From: NoO...@NoWhere.com (olcott)
 by: olcott - Mon, 3 Jan 2022 19:32 UTC

On 1/3/2022 12:59 PM, Richard Damon wrote:

>>> Which is gthe WRONG criteria!!!!
>>>
>>> THe criteria NEEDS to be what is the behavior of the machine the
>>> input represents, or of a REAL UTM given that same input.
>>>
>>> So, THERE'S YOUR PROBLEM!
>>
>> The criteria of H is whether or not the pure simulation of its input
>> would ever reach its final state. The pure simulation of the input to
>> embedded_H would never reach its final state.
>
> This was just explained to you.
>
> IF you actually mean this, then that means that H has to be defined as
> never going to H.qn, as if it does, then the pure simulation of it input
> will end up stopping in H^.qn

As I keep telling you and you keep stupidly ignoring the fact that the
input stops running because its simulation was aborted is no indication
what-so-ever that this simulated input halts. HALTING IS ONLY REACHING A
FINAL STATE.

You also stupidly ignore that the halt decider is only accountable for
what the behavior of its actual input would be. It is not responsible
for the behavior of any non-inputs.

> FAIL.

>>> But it isn't the 'input' that matters, but the computation that the
>>> input represents, and since that computation uses a copy of H, the
>>> behavior of the computation is depencent on what H does, and if H
>>> goes to Qn then it Halts. PERIOD.
>>>
>>> This is one of your old errors that shows that you don't understand
>>> what you are talking about.

>>> By THAT definitions, ANY input could be correctly decided non-halting
>>> by a 'simulating decider that just immediately aborts its
>>> simulation', which is non-sense.
>>
>> NO STUPID THAT IS NOT WHAT THIS MEANS:
>> As long as the input would never reach its final state if H did not
>> abort the simulation of its input
>>

> WRONG. You are using the wrong definition AGAIN.
>
> Show me where the definition for the Halting Decider says 'if H did not
> abort its simulation of its input'.

THAT IS WHAT THIS MEANS:

--
Copyright 2021 Pete Olcott

Talent hits a target no one else can hit;
Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Arthur Schopenhauer

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o Concise refutation of halting problem proofs V45 [honest

By: olcott on Mon, 3 Jan 2022

31olcott