Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2022 15:04:18 -0600
Subject: Re: Concise refutation of halting problem proofs V45 [honest
dialogue]
Newsgroups: comp.theory
<YMSdnYCaDMRsok78nZ2dnUU7-cPNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<eIHAJ.43031$a24.41372@fx13.iad>
<E_6dnVk55P3w0k78nZ2dnUU7-N_NnZ2d@giganews.com>
<SpIAJ.234651$3q9.221733@fx47.iad>
<BbudnYvcmbkwyE78nZ2dnUU7-fPNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<eUIAJ.159577$Ql5.74379@fx39.iad>
<YYWdnQyKrO9GwU78nZ2dnUU7-SPNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<boJAJ.6068$yl1.4503@fx23.iad>
From: NoO...@NoWhere.com (olcott)
 by: olcott - Mon, 3 Jan 2022 21:04 UTC

On 1/3/2022 2:54 PM, Richard Damon wrote:

>>> You Lie with Double Speak.
>>>
>>> Your H/embedded_H is a Schrodinger's Turing Machine, which doesn't
>>> actually exist. Some times you say it will simulate forever, other
>>> times you say it will abort its simulation and go to H.qn. Since it
>>> can't do both for the same machine, it just doesn't exist. PERIDD
>>>

>> I NEVER SAY THAT EMBEDDED_H WILL SIMULATE FOR EVER YOU FREAKING
>> KNUCKLEHEAD
>>
>> I SAY THAT THE CRITERION MEASURE FOR EMBEDDED_H TO ABORT ITS
>> SIMULATION AND TRANSITION TO ITS REJECT STATE IS WHAT WOULD HAPPEN IF
>> EMBEDDED_H SIMULATED ITS INPUT FOREVER.
>>

> Since H/embedded_H WON'T simulate forever (by your criteria) you can't
> just imagine that it does, as that is a false premise.
>
> That would be like saying that since if your cat was a dog, it could
> bark, that means that cats can bark.
>
> This applies since you are claiming GLOBAL change of the definition of
> H, to the point of changing the representation of H^ to include that
> 'hypothetical H'.
>
> You COULD say, "if I changed THIS COPY of H/embedded_H to not abort",
> but kept all the copies in the input as there original aborting version.
> We can do this, because that is just asking what would a UTM do on the
> same input, by replacing THIS copy with a UTM to check the answer.

> What would happen if H never aborted it simulation, NOT VALID, as H
> doesn't behave that way so this is a contradiction, so do this you need
> to change the input.

void Infinite_Loop(int N)
{ HERE: goto HERE;
} _Infinite_Loop()
[00000cb5](01) 55 push ebp
[00000cb6](02) 8bec mov ebp,esp
[00000cb8](02) ebfe jmp 00000cb8
[00000cba](01) 5d pop ebp
[00000cbb](01) c3 ret
Size in bytes:(0007) [00000cbb]

H can see what the behavior of the above would be if H never aborted the
simulation of this input.

That you say that H can not do his has to be dishonest because you are
not that stupid.

--
Copyright 2021 Pete Olcott

Talent hits a target no one else can hit;
Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Arthur Schopenhauer

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o Concise refutation of halting problem proofs V45 [honest

By: olcott on Mon, 3 Jan 2022

31olcott