Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2022 10:37:43 -0600
Subject: Re: dbush and user253751 continued conversation [ mandatory
prerequisite knowledge ]
Newsgroups: comp.theory
<J9SdnRaIU4J10X_8nZ2dnUU7-WfNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<p9sEJ.44865$4C3.8098@fx13.iad>
<VMidnajBValOz3_8nZ2dnUU7-IHNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<YUxEJ.132917$Gco3.55824@fx01.iad>
<ctSdncq0EPnFRn_8nZ2dnUU7-U3NnZ2d@giganews.com>
<47CEJ.286377$3q9.211046@fx47.iad>
From: NoO...@NoWhere.com (olcott)
 by: olcott - Sat, 15 Jan 2022 16:37 UTC

On 1/15/2022 9:54 AM, Richard Damon wrote:
> On 1/15/22 9:33 AM, olcott wrote:

>>> So, no answer?
>>>

>> I am asking whether or not you agree with the above,
>> Linz says it in a less precise way that can be misinterpreted.
>>
>> Unless and until you understand enough computer science to
>> know that the way that I said it is correct we cannot proceed.
>>
>> DO YOU PERFECTLY AGREE THAT THIS IS 100% CORRECT?
>>
>> Ĥ.q0 ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⊢* Ĥ.qx ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⊢* Ĥ.qy ∞
>> Ĥ.q0 ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⊢* Ĥ.qx ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⊢* Ĥ.qn
>
> That is a NONSENSE statement without the conditions on it.
>>
>> The copy of H at Ĥ.qx  referred to as embedded_H must compute the
>> mapping of its own inputs: ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⟨Ĥ⟩ to Ĥ.qy or Ĥ.qn
>
> Right.
>
> AND the input <H^> <H^> is a description of the whole computation being
> preformed.
>
> Note, this puts H in a bind,

There is no H, there is only a copy of H at Ĥ.qx that is referred to as
embedded_H.

> if its algorithm decides that this input
> should take it to the Qn state, then the actual behavior of the
> computatiion this input represents will be HALTING

There is no "represents", there is only the actual behavior specified by
the actual input to embedded_H: ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⟨Ĥ⟩.

embedded_H computes the mapping from its input: ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⟨Ĥ⟩ to Ĥ.qy or Ĥ.qn.

The actual behavior of this actual input is measured by the pure
simulation of N steps by embedded_H of its input ⟨Ĥ⟩ applied to ⟨Ĥ⟩.

--
Copyright 2021 Pete Olcott

Talent hits a target no one else can hit;
Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Arthur Schopenhauer

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o dbush and user253751 continued conversation

By: olcott on Thu, 13 Jan 2022

53olcott