Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2022 15:45:27 -0600
Subject: Re: Concise refutation of halting problem proofs V52 [ Ignorant or
Dishonest ]
Newsgroups: comp.theory
<VuWdnWDDRYaYqHH8nZ2dnUU7-UXNnZ2d@giganews.com> <7XWGJ.2501$2V.1175@fx07.iad>
<MJudnaGsk80GoXH8nZ2dnUU7-cPNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<8eXGJ.53034$Y01.12453@fx45.iad>
<rY2dnfFFpOQU2XH8nZ2dnUU7-KPNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<pWXGJ.18523$VK4.16193@fx08.iad>
<i4idnXTXWeLE0XH8nZ2dnUU7-WfNnZ2d@giganews.com> <AeYGJ.3517$2W.1872@fx36.iad>
<a6-dnU-EiYU0z3H8nZ2dnUU7-SHNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<7NZGJ.253260$VS2.134222@fx44.iad>
<_c-dnS9uAqrU8XH8nZ2dnUU7-YvNnZ2d@giganews.com> <8y_GJ.7767$tW.1827@fx39.iad>
<JOqdnYm4c7z463H8nZ2dnUU7-anNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<UN_GJ.275715$1d1.2334@fx99.iad>
From: NoO...@NoWhere.com (olcott)
 by: olcott - Sat, 22 Jan 2022 21:45 UTC

On 1/22/2022 3:36 PM, Richard Damon wrote:

>>> Then you are just talking POOP and not halting.
>>>

>> It is simply beyond your intellectual capacity:
>>
>> This is true for infinite loops, infinite recursion, infinitely nested
>> simulation and all other non halting inputs:
>>
>> When-so-ever any simulated input to any simulating halt decider would
>> never reach the final state of this simulated input in any finite
>> number of steps it is always correct for the simulating halt decider
>> to abort its simulation and transition to its reject state.
>>

> Can you PROVE that statement, or is this just one of your false 'self
> evident truth'. Does the proof include the posibility that the input
> includes a copy of the decider?
>
> The problem is that IF the simulating halt decider does abort its input
> based on some condition, then it is no longer a source of truth for the
> halting status of that input.
>
> It turns out that for H^, if H does abort its simulation, then it turns
> out that an actual simulation of the input proves that it will halt.

You really must have actual brain damage. That would not be your fault
I have told you the Linz definintion of halting many dozens of times:

computation that halts … the Turing machine will halt whenever it enters
a final state. (Linz:1990:234)

Any you can't seem to rememeber that I ever said it once.

HALTING DOES NOT MEAN STOPS RUNNING
NOT HALTING MEANS CANNOT POSSIBLY REACH A FINAL STATE

--
Copyright 2021 Pete Olcott

Talent hits a target no one else can hit;
Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Arthur Schopenhauer

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o Concise refutation of halting problem proofs V52 [ Linz Proof ]

By: olcott on Sat, 22 Jan 2022

277olcott