Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2022 09:03:15 -0600
Subject: Re: Concise refutation of halting problem proofs V52 [ Honest
Dialogue Begins ]
Newsgroups: comp.theory
<kfkHJ.7205$zV.6163@fx43.iad> <sskk6q$86p$1@dont-email.me>
<JPkHJ.266155$np6.131863@fx46.iad>
<rrGdnV_ySKRmR3D8nZ2dnUU7-Y_NnZ2d@giganews.com>
<6clHJ.303815$qz4.185496@fx97.iad>
<CMidnfXpKJh1fHD8nZ2dnUU7-QnNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<aRlHJ.23755$XU.7495@fx38.iad>
<OMqdnSfhrYOCcXD8nZ2dnUU7-T3NnZ2d@giganews.com>
<87mHJ.22633$dG7.7407@fx47.iad>
<GNqdnSg7oc-Eb3D8nZ2dnUU7-XHNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<wSmHJ.53088$Y01.31344@fx45.iad>
<KJ-dnWCshr7gYXD8nZ2dnUU7-TXNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<aGnHJ.254127$VS2.43875@fx44.iad>
<u9Kdna64maOflHP8nZ2dnUU7-U_NnZ2d@giganews.com> <sYnHJ.6193$9O.3928@fx12.iad>
<ofSdnRQ7qYe8knP8nZ2dnUU7-XHNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<NmoHJ.22635$dG7.20402@fx47.iad>
<mZSdnWvt5_EXhXP8nZ2dnUU7-Q_NnZ2d@giganews.com>
<0_oHJ.254128$VS2.188172@fx44.iad>
<qvWdncTddvgAgnP8nZ2dnUU7-QHNnZ2d@giganews.com> <CspHJ.6567$uP.5786@fx16.iad>
<ld2dnW-kzJX_tXP8nZ2dnUU7-W3NnZ2d@giganews.com> <z9qHJ.3181$rU.2919@fx34.iad>
From: NoO...@NoWhere.com (olcott)
 by: olcott - Mon, 24 Jan 2022 15:03 UTC

On 1/23/2022 10:45 PM, Richard Damon wrote:

>>> WARNING, you are getting way into hypothecctica Unicoprn Terretory,
>>> but lets unpack this statement.
>>>
>>> IF H can correctly deteremine (that means that there needs to exist a
>>> finite algroithm to determine this case, and that this result matches
>>> the behavior demonstrated by the definitional UTM simulataion of this
>>> input), that the input will NEVER reach it final state,
>>>
>>> Then yes, it is correct for H to report that its input can not
>>> possible reach its final state.
>>>

>> Great we have finally begun an honest dialogue.
>>
>>> Note, that if H does this, then the proof that the input never
>>> reached its final state must have included that fact that the copy of
>>> H inside H^ will also do the exact same thing with the exact same input.
>>>
>>> Also, to show the premise is True, you need to be able to PROVE or
>>> actually provide the exact finite algorithm that it used to detemine
>>> this fact.
>>>

>> When embedded_H simulates ⟨Ĥ⟩ applied to ⟨Ĥ⟩ these steps would keep
>> repeating:
>> Ĥ copies its input ⟨Ĥ⟩ to ⟨Ĥ⟩ then embedded_H simulates ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⟨Ĥ⟩...
>>

> Only if H doesn't abort it simulation.

On the basis that the pure simulation of N steps matches an infinitely
repeating pattern embedded_H can correctly determine that this simulated
input cannot possibly reach its final state whether or not embedded_H
aborts its simulation of this input.

When you yank the power cord from a computer it does not execute a
single additional step, it stops immediately. As soon as embedded_H
stops simulating its input this simulated input is 100% totally dead.

The simulated input to embedded_H never reaches its own final state
The simulated input to embedded_H never reaches its own final state
The simulated input to embedded_H never reaches its own final state
The simulated input to embedded_H never reaches its own final state

This is complete proof that the simulated input to embedded_H never halts

--
Copyright 2021 Pete Olcott

Talent hits a target no one else can hit;
Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Arthur Schopenhauer

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o Concise refutation of halting problem proofs V52 [ Linz Proof ]

By: olcott on Sat, 22 Jan 2022

277olcott