From: polco...@gmail.com (olcott)
Newsgroups: comp.theory,comp.ai.philosophy,sci.logic,sci.math
Subject: Re: Concise refutation of halting problem proofs V52 [ dodgy double
talk ]
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2022 22:50:06 -0600
<7FFJJ.29151$541.18496@fx35.iad> <st7a2e$oo$1@dont-email.me>
<ibHJJ.56320$u41.55552@fx41.iad>
<hK-dnaKCNvKd2Wr8nZ2dnUU7-fPNnZ2d@giganews.com> <stckvf$lim$1@dont-email.me>
<DdOdnT-oZYDyQmT8nZ2dnUU7-fXNnZ2d@giganews.com> <stcp3j$aba$1@dont-email.me>
<s7ydnRoFS9rDc2T8nZ2dnUU7-R3NnZ2d@giganews.com> <stcre2$o38$1@dont-email.me>
<rtKdnX6XWc-RbmT8nZ2dnUU7-T_NnZ2d@giganews.com> <stcthg$3cm$1@dont-email.me>
<stcumo$8vh$1@dont-email.me> <stcvh0$cch$1@dont-email.me>
<mv2dnSHfMdupPGf8nZ2dnUU7-dvNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<tfFKJ.10388$z688.3987@fx35.iad>
<qvydnZqq57VNr2b8nZ2dnUU7-QHNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<hOGKJ.1176$GjY3.517@fx01.iad>
<VcWdnVSMPp4Bo2b8nZ2dnUU7-X_NnZ2d@giganews.com> <VwHKJ.6$kuda.4@fx12.iad>
<stfh6q$n4h$1@dont-email.me> <E%HKJ.2115$R1C9.241@fx22.iad>
<XfqdnbvOjdlgzWb8nZ2dnUU7-X3NnZ2d@giganews.com>
<M2JKJ.4101$Lbb6.3058@fx45.iad>
 by: olcott - Thu, 3 Feb 2022 04:50 UTC

On 2/2/2022 10:42 PM, Richard Damon wrote:

>>> The problem is that 'Correct Simulation of a machine description' has
>>> an actual meaning, in that the simulation must match the actual
>>> behavior of the machine whose description it is simulating, RIGHT?
>> It must only do exactly what it actually does, if this does not meet
>> expectations then expectations must be incorrect.
>>
>> Here is what it actually does:
>> These steps would keep repeating:
>>    Ĥ1 copies its input ⟨Ĥ2⟩ to ⟨Ĥ3⟩ then embedded_H simulates ⟨Ĥ2⟩ ⟨Ĥ3⟩
>>    Ĥ2 copies its input ⟨Ĥ3⟩ to ⟨Ĥ4⟩ then embedded_H simulates ⟨Ĥ3⟩ ⟨Ĥ4⟩
>>    Ĥ3 copies its input ⟨Ĥ4⟩ to ⟨Ĥ5⟩ then embedded_H simulates ⟨Ĥ4⟩
>> ⟨Ĥ5⟩...
>
> And if that is what it actually does, then H NEVER aborts its simulation
> and thus never give an answer.

When embedded_H correctly matches the above infinite sequence this
conclusively proves that its correct simulation of ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⟨Ĥ⟩ cannot
possibly reach ⟨Ĥ⟩.qn. (We don't even need to mention any UTM).

--
Copyright 2021 Pete Olcott "Talent hits a target no one else can hit;
Genius hits a target no one else can see." Arthur Schopenhauer

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o Concise refutation of halting problem proofs V52 [ Linz Proof ]

By: olcott on Sat, 22 Jan 2022

277olcott