Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2022 23:24:39 -0600
Subject: Re: Concise refutation of halting problem proofs V52 [ dodgy double
talk ]
Newsgroups: comp.theory,comp.ai.philosophy,sci.logic,sci.math
<7FFJJ.29151$541.18496@fx35.iad> <st7a2e$oo$1@dont-email.me>
<ibHJJ.56320$u41.55552@fx41.iad>
<hK-dnaKCNvKd2Wr8nZ2dnUU7-fPNnZ2d@giganews.com> <stckvf$lim$1@dont-email.me>
<DdOdnT-oZYDyQmT8nZ2dnUU7-fXNnZ2d@giganews.com> <stcp3j$aba$1@dont-email.me>
<s7ydnRoFS9rDc2T8nZ2dnUU7-R3NnZ2d@giganews.com> <stcre2$o38$1@dont-email.me>
<rtKdnX6XWc-RbmT8nZ2dnUU7-T_NnZ2d@giganews.com> <stcthg$3cm$1@dont-email.me>
<stcumo$8vh$1@dont-email.me> <stcvh0$cch$1@dont-email.me>
<mv2dnSHfMdupPGf8nZ2dnUU7-dvNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<tfFKJ.10388$z688.3987@fx35.iad>
<qvydnZqq57VNr2b8nZ2dnUU7-QHNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<hOGKJ.1176$GjY3.517@fx01.iad>
<VcWdnVSMPp4Bo2b8nZ2dnUU7-X_NnZ2d@giganews.com> <VwHKJ.6$kuda.4@fx12.iad>
<stfh6q$n4h$1@dont-email.me> <E%HKJ.2115$R1C9.241@fx22.iad>
<XfqdnbvOjdlgzWb8nZ2dnUU7-X3NnZ2d@giganews.com>
<M2JKJ.4101$Lbb6.3058@fx45.iad> <stfmu1$gmj$1@dont-email.me>
<asJKJ.1617$GjY3.627@fx01.iad>
From: NoO...@NoWhere.com (olcott)
 by: olcott - Thu, 3 Feb 2022 05:24 UTC

On 2/2/2022 11:09 PM, Richard Damon wrote:

>>> And if that is what it actually does, then H NEVER aborts its
>>> simulation and thus never give an answer.
>>>

>> When embedded_H correctly matches the above infinite sequence this
>> conclusively proves that its correct simulation of ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⟨Ĥ⟩ cannot
>> possibly reach ⟨Ĥ⟩.qn. (We don't even need to mention any UTM).
>>

> Excepts as previously said, that pattern only exists if H never aborts.

That is not true. The pattern exists for at least any finite number of
steps where it can be recognized. The three iterations shown above are
plenty enough for it to be recogized.

--
Copyright 2021 Pete Olcott

Talent hits a target no one else can hit;
Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Arthur Schopenhauer

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o Concise refutation of halting problem proofs V52 [ Linz Proof ]

By: olcott on Sat, 22 Jan 2022

277olcott