"Cogito ergo I'm right and you're wrong." -- Blair Houghton

computers / comp.theory / Re: Concise refutation of halting problem proofs V52 [ dodgy double talk ]

Re: Concise refutation of halting problem proofs V52 [ dodgy double talk ]

<YFZKJ.5302$Rza5.348@fx47.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=26288&group=comp.theory#26288

Subject: Re: Concise refutation of halting problem proofs V52 [ dodgy double
talk ]
Newsgroups: comp.theory
<hK-dnaKCNvKd2Wr8nZ2dnUU7-fPNnZ2d@giganews.com> <stckvf$lim$1@dont-email.me>
<DdOdnT-oZYDyQmT8nZ2dnUU7-fXNnZ2d@giganews.com> <stcp3j$aba$1@dont-email.me>
<s7ydnRoFS9rDc2T8nZ2dnUU7-R3NnZ2d@giganews.com> <stcre2$o38$1@dont-email.me>
<rtKdnX6XWc-RbmT8nZ2dnUU7-T_NnZ2d@giganews.com> <stcthg$3cm$1@dont-email.me>
<stcumo$8vh$1@dont-email.me> <stcvh0$cch$1@dont-email.me>
<mv2dnSHfMdupPGf8nZ2dnUU7-dvNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<tfFKJ.10388$z688.3987@fx35.iad>
<qvydnZqq57VNr2b8nZ2dnUU7-QHNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<hOGKJ.1176$GjY3.517@fx01.iad>
<VcWdnVSMPp4Bo2b8nZ2dnUU7-X_NnZ2d@giganews.com> <VwHKJ.6$kuda.4@fx12.iad>
<stfh6q$n4h$1@dont-email.me> <E%HKJ.2115$R1C9.241@fx22.iad>
<XfqdnbvOjdlgzWb8nZ2dnUU7-X3NnZ2d@giganews.com>
<M2JKJ.4101$Lbb6.3058@fx45.iad> <stfmu1$gmj$1@dont-email.me>
<asJKJ.1617$GjY3.627@fx01.iad>
<rcGdnYyzKLOE-mb8nZ2dnUU7-LfNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<AkPKJ.16272$Y1A7.3766@fx43.iad>
<BL-dnU3GsYk-fmb8nZ2dnUU7-RvNnZ2d@giganews.com>
From: Rich...@Damon-Family.org (Richard Damon)
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2022 18:36:23 -0500
 by: Richard Damon - Thu, 3 Feb 2022 23:36 UTC

On 2/3/22 9:15 AM, olcott wrote:
> On 2/3/2022 5:50 AM, Richard Damon wrote:

>>> That is not true. The pattern exists for at least any finite number
>>> of steps where it can be recognized. The three iterations shown above
>>> are plenty enough for it to be recogized.
>>>

>> But if it only exists for a finite number of steps (till it is
>> recognized)
>
> Then embedded_H has conclusively proved that its simulated ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⟨Ĥ⟩
> cannot possibly ever reach ⟨Ĥ⟩.qn even in an infinite number of
> simulated steps thus meeting the Linz definition of a sequence of
> configurations that never halt.
>
> computation that halts … the Turing machine will halt whenever it enters
> a final state. (Linz:1990:234)

No, it hasn't, because I just showed you that if H -> H.Qn then the
computation H^ <H^> Halts.

Proven.

No attempt top refute.

So FAIL, you have just proved that all you are is a LIAR.

So, YOU LIE.

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o Concise refutation of halting problem proofs V52 [ Linz Proof ]

By: olcott on Sat, 22 Jan 2022

277olcott