Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2022 12:11:59 -0600
Subject: Re: Concise refutation of halting problem proofs V62 [ Linz Proof ]( application to AI research )
Newsgroups: comp.ai.philosophy,comp.theory,sci.logic,sci.math
References: <vc-dndgn0rt7amL8nZ2dnUU7-LXNnZ2d@giganews.com> <d2e2dce7-ea3a-4892-8076-44c2038b394bn@googlegroups.com> <stpa86$hib$1@dont-email.me> <UgWLJ.9101$GjY3.7596@fx01.iad> <o6OdnWcKZpf-qJ3_nZ2dnUU7-YXNnZ2d@giganews.com> <feXLJ.39132$%uX7.7402@fx38.iad> <2aydnRLgIrPLEZ3_nZ2dnUU7-bHNnZ2d@giganews.com> <hU0MJ.10309$r6p7.7703@fx41.iad> <suidnekM1sLLPZ3_nZ2dnUU7-LfNnZ2d@giganews.com> <AF7MJ.13063$ZmJ7.6019@fx06.iad> <xNmdnQ0SX4BKrpz_nZ2dnUU7-S3NnZ2d@giganews.com> <9biMJ.10134$Wdl5.2747@fx44.iad> <SvednUS4Te7mX5z_nZ2dnUU7-bHNnZ2d@giganews.com> <HEjMJ.6348$979a.2933@fx14.iad> <EPSdnZqQs6B9UZz_nZ2dnUU7-QXNnZ2d@giganews.com> <f15c6f31-6a9c-4682-b76c-ea75adc47da6n@googlegroups.com>
From: NoO...@NoWhere.com (olcott)
 by: olcott - Tue, 8 Feb 2022 18:11 UTC

On 2/8/2022 4:55 AM, Don Stockbauer wrote:

>>> If the 'actual behavior' of the input <H^> <H^> is not the behavior of
>>> H^ applied to <H^> you are lying about doing the Halting Problem.
>>>

>> If it is true that the simulated input to embedded_H cannot possibly
>> ever reach its final state of ⟨Ĥ⟩.qn, then nothing in the universe can
>> possibly contradict the fact that the input specifies a non-halting
>> sequences of configurations. If God himself said otherwise then God
>> himself would be a liar.
>>
>> If we know that we have a black cat then we know that we have a cat.
>>
>> If we know that we have a sequence of configurations that cannot
>> possibly ever reach its final state then we know that we have a
>> non-halting sequence of configurations.
>> --
>> Copyright 2021 Pete Olcott
>>
>> Talent hits a target no one else can hit;
>> Genius hits a target no one else can see.
>> Arthur Schopenhauer
>
> If someone is obsessed with halting how do you ever halt them?

I am next to 100% certain that I really did refute the halting problem
proofs and this has two key benefits for AI research:

(1) The previously understood absolute limit to the capabilities of
computation has been eliminated.

(2) Tarski Undefinability theorem is refuted by proxy thus enabling the
notion of truth to be formalized which provides Davidson's truth
conditional semantics to be anchored in a formal notion of truth.

--
Copyright 2021 Pete Olcott

Talent hits a target no one else can hit;
Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Arthur Schopenhauer

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o Concise refutation of halting problem proofs V62 [ Linz Proof ]

By: olcott on Sun, 6 Feb 2022

163olcott