Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2022 15:03:03 -0600
Subject: Re: Concise refutation of halting problem proofs V62 [ misconceptions
]
Newsgroups: comp.theory
<7ckMJ.40194$%uX7.13960@fx38.iad> <stsv18$6e3$1@dont-email.me>
<2UsMJ.18969$3jp8.698@fx33.iad> <stu2kf$4hg$1@dont-email.me>
<lyDMJ.18606$z688.8500@fx35.iad>
<NeednRc4XuPYlp7_nZ2dnUU7-VXNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<AXEMJ.6305$4vG9.2509@fx19.iad>
<OFydnQVyE80muZ7_nZ2dnZeNn_XNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<udOMJ.5581$0vE9.5549@fx17.iad>
<A4SdnauKG-d0IJ7_nZ2dnUU7-RHNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<4mPMJ.19776$iK66.4863@fx46.iad>
<k5OdnYQlAcHXcZ7_nZ2dnUU7-YfNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<KgSMJ.47860$t2Bb.36697@fx98.iad>
<BYadnf5XWaGHaJ7_nZ2dnUU7-VHNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<zXSMJ.7936$979a.7156@fx14.iad>
<t8mdnWUaS5_sl5n_nZ2dnUU7-QXNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<i0UMJ.29891$Lbb6.12914@fx45.iad>
<HVudnXKnrdOxk5n_nZ2dnZeNn_fNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<stUMJ.47863$t2Bb.14394@fx98.iad> <su156n$292$1@dont-email.me>
<OeVMJ.11688$V7da.9533@fx13.iad>
From: NoO...@NoWhere.com (olcott)
 by: olcott - Wed, 9 Feb 2022 21:03 UTC

On 2/9/2022 2:12 PM, Richard Damon wrote:

>>> Except that the 'correct determination' was based on the assumption
>>> that H/embedded_H IS just a UTM,
>>
>> That is factually incorrect. embedded_H determines what the behavior
>> of its input would be if its was simulated by UTM instead of a
>> simulating halt decider.
>
> Right, but in doing so it does NOT change the copy of H inside of H^
> into a UTM. The copy of H (you call it embedded_H) must behave exactly
> like H does. H needs to decide on what a UTM would do with its same
> input where the copy of H in that input does the same thing as H does.
>
> Unless you can show a Turing Machine diferent copies of which behave
> differently when given the same input, you haven't shown what you need
> to. (And if you could show that, that by itself would make you famous).

I have a really great answer for this yet deleted it because of your
subterfuge on the next line.

--
Copyright 2021 Pete Olcott

Talent hits a target no one else can hit;
Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Arthur Schopenhauer

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o Concise refutation of halting problem proofs V62 [ Linz Proof ]

By: olcott on Sun, 6 Feb 2022

163olcott