Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2022 17:53:46 -0500
Subject: Re: Refuting the Peter Linz Halting Problem Proof --- Version(10) [
key missing piece in dialogue ]
Newsgroups: comp.theory,comp.ai.philosophy,sci.logic,sci.math
<w-edndQxIuTUhtf_nZ2dnUU7_81g4p2d@giganews.com> <87ilrpbwrt.fsf@bsb.me.uk>
<n72dnae_RMuWrdf_nZ2dnUU7_83NnZ2d@giganews.com> <877d85buic.fsf@bsb.me.uk>
<1cudneORZsT2qNf_nZ2dnUU7_8zNnZ2d@giganews.com> <87mth1ae3z.fsf@bsb.me.uk>
<RJCdnVAp-PNjodf_nZ2dnUU7_8zNnZ2d@giganews.com> <877d85adc8.fsf@bsb.me.uk>
<uLKdnSnsBawK39f_nZ2dnUU7_8zNnZ2d@giganews.com> <871qydabvg.fsf@bsb.me.uk>
<r9ydndF_Xuemx9f_nZ2dnUU7_8zNnZ2d@giganews.com> <87ee2d88a6.fsf@bsb.me.uk>
<w_WdndouypjXZtf_nZ2dnUU7_8zNnZ2d@giganews.com> <87tub87tkd.fsf@bsb.me.uk>
<lMednU9oMbfWidb_nZ2dnUU7_83NnZ2d@giganews.com> <87ilro7r87.fsf@bsb.me.uk>
<xtmdnZF-EMLqgdb_nZ2dnUU7_8xh4p2d@giganews.com> <877d847hkd.fsf@bsb.me.uk>
<QIadnYCjduZ6y9b_nZ2dnUU7_81g4p2d@giganews.com>
<TLCdndnQj-b7xNb_nZ2dnUU7_83NnZ2d@giganews.com>
<1995ece1-8094-442d-b82d-a0a2563653f2n@googlegroups.com>
<xvGdnTDk_8tm7Nb_nZ2dnUU7_8zNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<4eef0a5f-4c42-47f6-b071-ecb38597cb8dn@googlegroups.com>
From: NoO...@NoWhere.com (olcott)
 by: olcott - Mon, 4 Apr 2022 22:53 UTC

On 4/4/2022 5:41 PM, wij wrote:
> On Tuesday, 5 April 2022 at 06:32:34 UTC+8, olcott wrote:

>>> No use. Even all the people you find agree with you is still useless. To claim
>>> you solved the HP problem, you have to show ALL your H first. People cannot
>>> judge or teach 'claims'. But your P already showed wrong, no need to publish H.
>> My analysis is based on this model: If "an X is a Y" and Z says that "an
>> X is a Y" then anything in the universe that disagrees is necessarily
>> incorrect.
>>
>> "an X is a Y" =
>> The input to embedded_H specifies a non-halting sequence of
>> configurations. (input is non-halting)
>>
>> Z says that "an X is a Y" =
>> embedded_H rejects its input.
>>
>> If you can think of a case where
>> "an X is a Y" is simultaneously true and false then you have a rebuttal,
>> otherwise not so much.
>> --
>> Copyright 2022 Pete Olcott
>>
>> "Talent hits a target no one else can hit;
>> Genius hits a target no one else can see."
>> Arthur Schopenhauer
>
> You simply do not have H. What you say? If you say yes, then show it to prove.

Whether or not I have H is moot at this point in the dialogue, the Linz
proof is refuted either way.

Showing that an H is possible and answering Ben's question will be
postponed until after it is fully understood that embedded_H is
necessarily correct to reject its input: ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⟨Ĥ⟩.

--
Copyright 2022 Pete Olcott

Arthur Schopenhauer

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o Refuting the Peter Linz Halting Problem Proof --- Version(10) [ key

By: olcott on Sun, 3 Apr 2022

978olcott