Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2022 11:08:27 -0700 (PDT)
<878rsj3rdn.fsf@bsb.me.uk> <t2k1bu$1srt$1@gioia.aioe.org> <87y20iguq6.fsf@bsb.me.uk>
<Ad-dnXUjt5cmLND_nZ2dnUU7_8zNnZ2d@giganews.com> <87o81dgah5.fsf@bsb.me.uk>
<5NCdnXEbkbPQjNP_nZ2dnUU7_8xh4p2d@giganews.com> <87czhtg4z7.fsf@bsb.me.uk>
<jfmdnYpE_-Sou9P_nZ2dnUU7_8zNnZ2d@giganews.com> <87pmltenpd.fsf@bsb.me.uk>
<cfudncxuyvpiqtP_nZ2dnUU7_8zNnZ2d@giganews.com> <877d81ek89.fsf@bsb.me.uk>
<0rydndjRmYSt2NP_nZ2dnUU7_81g4p2d@giganews.com> <87pmltcg7x.fsf@bsb.me.uk>
<FOidnTmeDpgxa9P_nZ2dnUU7_8xh4p2d@giganews.com> <a9ebbb15-e960-4baf-a4df-d8537a386b92n@googlegroups.com>
<OrOdnfVPxcLsk9L_nZ2dnUU7_8xh4p2d@giganews.com> <e5e8cda9-25bf-4c91-be90-474390fd358cn@googlegroups.com>
<zOWdnaL2eOSBhNL_nZ2dnUU7_81g4p2d@giganews.com> <f45c9a3d-68a4-4820-9fe4-3b573f2d4ad9n@googlegroups.com>
<crKdncHBBpXUvNL_nZ2dnUU7_81g4p2d@giganews.com> <716dcead-f71a-4835-82e7-97ec5981c840n@googlegroups.com>
<CNadnUpcW5JLu9L_nZ2dnUU7_8xh4p2d@giganews.com> <CNadnUVcW5IvutL_nZ2dnUU7_8xh4p2d@giganews.com>
Subject: Re: Refuting the Peter Linz Halting Problem Proof --- Version(11) [
key missing piece in dialogue ][ back door ]
From: dbush.mo...@gmail.com (Dennis Bush)
 by: Dennis Bush - Thu, 7 Apr 2022 18:08 UTC

On Thursday, April 7, 2022 at 2:04:41 PM UTC-4, olcott wrote:
> On 4/7/2022 1:00 PM, olcott wrote:

> >> So you're saying and embedded_H and H give different output for the
> >> same input?
> >
> > I am saying that H is off topic bitch.
> >
> STFU about it.

In other words, you have no example of embedded_H and H being different, so you implicitly accept that they are the same, and H is therefore on topic because it is the same as embedded_H. That implicit acceptance will stand unless/until you can provide an example of embedded_H and H giving different results.

So to clarify, H is the sole source of truth for whether or not its input halts?

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o Refuting the Peter Linz Halting Problem Proof --- Version(10) [ key

By: olcott on Sun, 3 Apr 2022

978olcott