Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2022 11:09:01 -0500
Subject: Re: Refuting the Peter Linz Halting Problem Proof --- Version(11) [
key missing piece in dialogue ][ back door ]
Newsgroups: comp.theory,comp.ai.philosophy,sci.logic,sci.math
<VeOdnVB44dRE3tL_nZ2dnUU7_8xh4p2d@giganews.com>
<f80eca4c-f2a2-4a9c-877e-874e9442c7bfn@googlegroups.com>
<FeKdnbo027NvydL_nZ2dnUU7_83NnZ2d@giganews.com>
<e0ea227c-6761-4a6e-a9c5-eb30304e5c93n@googlegroups.com>
<QI-dncdxv-h6wdL_nZ2dnUU7_8zNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<8a79b5c6-826a-440f-8469-b222c055548dn@googlegroups.com>
<u8CdnXIcU9Va9NL_nZ2dnUU7_8zNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<10c9ba24-251a-4425-8e33-854d56f91ef7n@googlegroups.com>
From: NoO...@NoWhere.com (olcott)
 by: olcott - Fri, 8 Apr 2022 16:09 UTC

On 4/7/2022 5:51 PM, Dennis Bush wrote:
> On Thursday, April 7, 2022 at 6:46:37 PM UTC-4, olcott wrote:

>>> ⟨Ĥn0⟩ never does transition to a final state. And yes Ĥn applies to ⟨Ĥn⟩ does not halt. But Hn is unable to report that fact because it can't abort its simulation and is therefore wrong by default.
>> The fact that the input: ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⟨Ĥ⟩ to embedded_H cannot possibly reach its
>> final state under any condition what-so-ever conclusively proves that it
>> is not a halting computation.
>
> Yes, we agree that ⟨Ĥn⟩ ⟨Ĥn⟩ is non-halting.

Conclusively proving that embedded_H would be correct when it rejects
its input.

If {an X is a Y} then when {Z says} that {an X is a Y} Z is necessarily
correct.

{an X is a Y} = "the input to embedded_H is non-halting."
{Z says} = "embedded_H rejects its input."

--
Copyright 2022 Pete Olcott

Arthur Schopenhauer

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o Refuting the Peter Linz Halting Problem Proof --- Version(10) [ key

By: olcott on Sun, 3 Apr 2022

978olcott