"I'm growing older, but not up." -- Jimmy Buffett

computers / comp.theory / Re: Refuting the Peter Linz Halting Problem Proof --- Version(11) [ key missing piece in dialogue ][ back door ]

Re: Refuting the Peter Linz Halting Problem Proof --- Version(11) [ key missing piece in dialogue ][ back door ]

<ITk4K.62597$Kdf.19472@fx96.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=29802&group=comp.theory#29802

Subject: Re: Refuting the Peter Linz Halting Problem Proof --- Version(11) [
key missing piece in dialogue ][ back door ]
Newsgroups: comp.theory
<87o81dgah5.fsf@bsb.me.uk> <5NCdnXEbkbPQjNP_nZ2dnUU7_8xh4p2d@giganews.com>
<87czhtg4z7.fsf@bsb.me.uk> <jfmdnYpE_-Sou9P_nZ2dnUU7_8zNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<87pmltenpd.fsf@bsb.me.uk> <cfudncxuyvpiqtP_nZ2dnUU7_8zNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<877d81ek89.fsf@bsb.me.uk> <0rydndjRmYSt2NP_nZ2dnUU7_81g4p2d@giganews.com>
<87pmltcg7x.fsf@bsb.me.uk> <FOidnTmeDpgxa9P_nZ2dnUU7_8xh4p2d@giganews.com>
<87fsmodh7w.fsf@bsb.me.uk> <OrOdnfRPxcJak9L_nZ2dnUU7_8xh4p2d@giganews.com>
<87zgkwbh3m.fsf@bsb.me.uk> <osadnV2OUrMF6tL_nZ2dnUU7_83NnZ2d@giganews.com>
<87tub4bckx.fsf@bsb.me.uk> <GfWdneVhSvpN183_nZ2dnUU7_83NnZ2d@giganews.com>
<87bkxb9tc9.fsf@bsb.me.uk> <h4ydnXCGgtZONs3_nZ2dnUU7_8zNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<87ee268n4f.fsf@bsb.me.uk> <8qOdna7OrqepBsz_nZ2dnUU7_83NnZ2d@giganews.com>
<bvh4K.56932$Kdf.46756@fx96.iad>
<-LadnZqQb_foOMz_nZ2dnUU7_8zNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<_ek4K.149258$dln7.21522@fx03.iad>
<o7-dnU1PXvPLTMz_nZ2dnUU7_81g4p2d@giganews.com>
From: Rich...@Damon-Family.org (Richard Damon)
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2022 15:11:37 -0400
 by: Richard Damon - Sat, 9 Apr 2022 19:11 UTC

On 4/9/22 2:32 PM, olcott wrote:
> On 4/9/2022 1:28 PM, Richard Damon wrote:

>>> It never goes to Qn because there is no Qn, you might as well have
>>> said if embedded_H goes to Disneyland, why is it so difficult for you
>>> to get the details exactly right?
>>
>> Then it isn't the required decider!!!!
> There is no Qn it is called H.qn
> There is no Qn it is called H.qn
> There is no Qn it is called H.qn
> There is no Qn it is called H.qn
> There is no Qn it is called H.qn
> There is no Qn it is called H.qn
> There is no Qn it is called H.qn
> There is no Qn it is called H.qn
> There is no Qn it is called H.qn
> There is no Qn it is called H.qn
> There is no Qn it is called H.qn
> There is no Qn it is called H.qn
> There is no Qn it is called H.qn
> There is no Qn it is called H.qn
> There is no Qn it is called H.qn
> There is no Qn it is called H.qn
> There is no Qn it is called H.qn
> There is no Qn it is called H.qn
> There is no Qn it is called H.qn
> There is no Qn it is called H.qn
> There is no Qn it is called H.qn
> There is no Qn it is called H.qn
> There is no Qn it is called H.qn2.1
> There is no Qn it is called H.qn

Maybe you should read your source material.

In H the states are called q0, qy, and qn (the q being normal case, the
following letter a subscript)

I capitalize the q to make it clear from the subscript

Read Definition 12.1

There is no embedded_H, the only machines HE talks about are H, the
actual decider; H', the decider with a loop tagged to the end to the Qy
state and ends up in H'(infinity) (non-halting) and H'qn, and H^ which
adds a duplication stage in front, starting at a NEW q0, going to a H^q0
which is the q0 of H and H', and ends in H^(infinity) (non-halting) or
H^.qn (final)

If you can't understand the notation of just 'Qn' to mean whichever
version we are talking about (since all are the same point in the
sequence) you are just too dumb to reason with.

YOU are the one with the major notional errors since the machine with
the infinite loop added is NEVER called a decider, but is an
intermediary step in the construction of H^.

The fact that you focus on this, just shows how weak your point is.

It is an easily established fact, that has been shown to you MANY times,
that if H / embedded_H or what ever you want to call that copy of the
algorithm goes to the state that indicates non-halting, that the H^
Turing Machine that includes that copy IMMEDIATELY Halts.

Thus H^ applied to <H^> IS A HALTING COMPUTATION if H / embedded_H or
whatever you are going to call it answers non-halting, and thus you
decider is just WRONG.

ALL you proof trying to show that H^ is non-halting are just showing
cases where your decider (H, embedded_H or whatever) FAILS to decide,
and is thus FAILED as a decider, and can't be a counter example.

Soethings you try to invoke 'magic' and have that decider suddenly
change itself (which is impossible) and sometimes you just have two
different machines you call 'your decider' which is just lying. (a given
machine always acts the same way).

You need to stop lying about what is happening and admit to yourself
what is actually true.

Youy have wasted 17 years of your life (as it sounds) and are going to
just die with the legacy of a lying kook. Repent and do something
actually useful.

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o Refuting the Peter Linz Halting Problem Proof --- Version(10) [ key

By: olcott on Sun, 3 Apr 2022

978olcott