"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there." -- Will Rogers

computers / comp.theory / Re: Refuting the Peter Linz Halting Problem Proof --- Version(11) [ ridiculously stupid ]

Re: Refuting the Peter Linz Halting Problem Proof --- Version(11) [ ridiculously stupid ]

<aEm4K.562187$LN2.503847@fx13.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=29816&group=comp.theory#29816

Subject: Re: Refuting the Peter Linz Halting Problem Proof --- Version(11) [
ridiculously stupid ]
Newsgroups: comp.theory
<dPKdnYwT-JcceM3_nZ2dnUU7_83NnZ2d@giganews.com> <878rse8mpz.fsf@bsb.me.uk>
<8qOdnanOrqcPBsz_nZ2dnUU7_81g4p2d@giganews.com>
<esh4K.210689$OT%7.200542@fx07.iad>
<bOudnetnF9vGOcz_nZ2dnUU7_81g4p2d@giganews.com>
<cbk4K.149257$dln7.89696@fx03.iad>
<o7-dnVJPXvNjTcz_nZ2dnUU7_83NnZ2d@giganews.com>
<YCk4K.64531$e%.7672@fx36.iad>
<ntCdnSt0qr7uSsz_nZ2dnUU7_83NnZ2d@giganews.com>
<V1l4K.810561$aT3.662905@fx09.iad>
<7JGdnZEzGrp2Q8z_nZ2dnUU7_8zNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<Gkl4K.564829$7F2.521914@fx12.iad>
<OrWdnfFdxKTdfsz_nZ2dnUU7_8zNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<DNl4K.327353$Lbb6.62351@fx45.iad>
<zM2dnSfUtf-vd8z_nZ2dnUU7_83NnZ2d@giganews.com>
<wpm4K.327356$Lbb6.198361@fx45.iad>
<Jo2dnV8tnJFGbsz_nZ2dnUU7_8xh4p2d@giganews.com>
From: Rich...@Damon-Family.org (Richard Damon)
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2022 17:11:36 -0400
 by: Richard Damon - Sat, 9 Apr 2022 21:11 UTC

On 4/9/22 5:00 PM, olcott wrote:
> On 4/9/2022 3:55 PM, Richard Damon wrote:

>>> The computation of the mapping of the inputs to an accept or reject
>>> state based on the actual behavior of these actual inputs.
>>
>> Right, and the "ACTUAL BEHAVIOR of the input" <H^> <H^< is BY
>> DEFINITION the behavior of H^ applid to <H^>.
>>
>> Remember Definition 12.1 H applied to <M> w -> Qy if M applied to w
>> Halts and -> Qn if M applied to w never halts. Thus the 'behavior'
>> that H decides on is the behavior of the machine describe by its input.
>>
>> You keep on wanting to look at the behavior of the simulation by H of
>> its input instead of the actual behavior of the input to H.
>>
>> The 'input' is JUST the <H^> <H^> and makes NO reference to H (or
>> embedded_H) and actually needs to be independent of the machine that
>> is looking at it.
>>

>>> The actual behavior of the actual input never meets the Linz
>>> definition of halting under any condition what-so-ever thus is
>>> correctly judged as a non-halting input.
>>
>> But it does.
>
> The actual input is ⟨Ĥ0⟩ ⟨Ĥ1⟩.

But ALL <H^i> are the exact same string, so ALL copies act the same.

> The actual behavior of this input is non-halting and you already
> admitted this.

Nope, I have PROVED that it is halting if H rejects this input.

> Therefore you are a God damned liar.

YOU are the LIAR, and DAMNED by God, and I think you know it but hide
the truth from yourself by enforcing ignorance and stupidity on yourself.

I speak from the DEFINITIONS, you speak out of the fantasies of your mind.

FAIL.

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o Refuting the Peter Linz Halting Problem Proof --- Version(10) [ key

By: olcott on Sun, 3 Apr 2022

978olcott